Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Why does Sin City have Frank Miller mentioned twice in the title? This is the man whose last notable offering was Holy Terror, a comic where a poorly-drawn Not-Batman avenges 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Updated poster for Plutarch:

That's not funny. :smith:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I must have missed the loop where Cruise is an amputee, but good call on the title.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Slender hands.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The one thing that people who know about Teen Wolf, but haven't seen it, is the extra in one scene who whips his dick out.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 16, 2014

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I saw GITS when I was 15 and even the nude-cyborg action couldn't help the fact that I found movie really dull. I do think it's a mistake for directors to ask their performers and voice-actors to deliberately under-act. They think they're going to make the next 2001: A Space Odyssey but instead they'll end up with another Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

rawillkill posted:

And was Inherent Vice posted yet?

I can't help but feel there's someone missing from that ensemble. :smith:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Who exactly is the audience for Mortdecai? It seems far too niche for its 60M budget. It's based on a 40-year old cult book series by an author who's been dead for 30, and Lionsgate thought they were going to get a franchise out of this character.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Lionsgate could have funded 10-15 cheapo horror movies with that budget. Have they got any other franchises up their sleeve seeing as The Hunger Games wraps up this year?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Fun fact: the female Power Rangers wore skirts because their stunt actors were usually dudes.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Terence Malick took a sabbatical from directing movies for 20 years. What inspired him being prolific in his recent ouput?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

A successor to those movies like Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve, only the star-power has gone down. Patrick Stewart is the only famous actor I recognise and he doesn't seem happy to be here.

Look at all the blank spaces, you'd need a lot of wineglasses to fill them up.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 09:56 on May 5, 2015

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The MSJ posted:

Good Things Come In... OH MY GOD!

What's the bottom kid's supernatural trait? That he's ginger?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

flosofl posted:

When I first heard of this, I thought it might be another Amazon Women on the Moon. Alas it was stupid, unlike AWotM which was stupid-funny.

Only three sketches from AWotM were any good: The Invisible Man who's not invisible, the guy who tries to buy condoms, and the guy who rents an adult video.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It would be hilarious if Mexican Skeleton were to appear in every single scene.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Those Hunger Games posters are indistinguishable from last years. God I hope some big movie flops hard enough to kill this "split-the-movie-in-two-to-tell-the story-better" bullshit. There was no need to see Harry Potter go camping for nine months.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The Walking Dead and many other TV shows would be better if they had an endpoint/expiry-date. It's hard to get excited about a lot of serialised TV because it's just a lot of "stuff" with no over-arching theme that continues to happen until it fizzles out. I don't know what dramas outside of Better Call Saul are good this year and know where they're going.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I wish I hadn't wasted 60 bucks on the first volume. A complete copy of Bone costs half as much and has the decency to end.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Those Orcs are the opposite of Uncanny Valley. I can't help but be lost in their eyes, and I can't put that feeling into words without sounding gay.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Nov 3, 2015

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Just how bad is Nicholas Cage's debt to the IRS? Does he still have an addiction to castles and samurai swords?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

How can Patrick Stewart be any balder?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Oh Christ, more Death Star action. I hope this one has some Tarkin in it though. Peter Cushing loved the part and regretted he couldn't appear in any sequels.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Daniel Day-Lewis would earn another Oscar if he portrayed Robespierre though he'd be six months in the ground by then.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Jurassic Park Trespasser 2?

You play as Nedry and you can tell how healthy you are by the pizza-stain colour on your shirt.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

also didn't john travolta already take a shot at the gritty old guy action movie with "from russia with love" (which sucked)?

At least see the best scene in the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oHRSUfZjI0

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

How does Netflix and other streaming sites gauge how all this nostalgia bait makes money? Is Netflix truly dumber than Sony to give Adam Sandler a four-movie deal?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Isn't Tony Jaa('s career) dead?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

LesterGroans posted:

Star Wars is an incredibly tight, well-edited movie. Like, the only scene that I don't think flows that well is the Death Star PowerPoint presentation.

A problem with Star Wars is that it's too tight. They spend the first half of the first movie trying to save Alderaan only for it to be blown up, and they scarcely talk about it after that. It's necessary to show why the Empire is so feared, but the whole galactic genocide thing clashes with swashbuckling tone. When you look past the cool heroics the entire four-movie saga is incredibly grim.

I hated the whole Death Star 3 thing destroying a solar system because it was completely token. There was no build-up, no gravity, they destroy some planets we've never heard of, and the only thing you can say is "Well at least there were no named characters we care about in that supernova". I'm guess I'm just used space operas like LoGH where they painstakingly take into account every action and its consequence.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Sam Worthington? But I thought Jai Courtney had replaced him as the expendable Australian actor?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Christina Ricci? Haven't seen in her years. Maybe they could get Thora Birch out of that same hole if someone takes the step of killing her father.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

That's the plot of MST3K movie Pod People. Pretty hack if you ask me.

God, I want to see another movie as tonally confused as Pod People. There's nothing like forcing a child-friendly ET knockoff subplot into a horror-movie.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Some member of the "Swallows and Amazons" family estate got pissy because the filmmakers changed the name of one character from "Titty Walker" to "Tatty Walker". They're gonna get really annoyed when they find out they also changed "Midge Cousinfucker" to "Marie Cousinfucker".

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

That poster is more like the Magnificent 6 plus a Tomahawk guy too cheap to buy a firearm.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

American Gods has to be the most boring 600-page book I've read to cover-to-cover. For one it's a bad idea to hinge an epic story on the character with a stupid name and a block of wood for a personality. Another is cramming a completely different book slap-bang in the middle with little cohesion between the two. The story also sputters out like Peter Jackson in bed, refusing to end.

So yes, I do hope Fuller changes everything and gives a good show before the show is cancelled halfway the first episode like every other thing he's produced.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I can't wait to see Fassbender get side-tracked and hunt for a 100 flags/feathers/treasure chests.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Is that Blight being held by Killer Croc?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Lobok posted:

Hard not to think of this, given they're both Nolan:

What is Batman looking at if his view is blocked?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

But will King Arthur get to the bottom of this?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It's either that or "teen boy gets sent to another world and becomes a hero".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

She looks like guy from Miami Connection.