Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The superbowl has come and gone, and we're once again plunged into the offseason. The biggest question of this version of the NFL offseason hinges around one of its biggest stars of the last decade, and arguably the face of the NFL, Indianapolis Colts Quarterback and all around good guy Peyton Manning.

This guy.

Peyton Manning is going to be the biggest name free agent to hit the NFL in ages. He's up there in age, but a player of his caliber hasn't been on the open market since like, Emmitt Smith. And he's a running back so it's different.

Of course most of you know the story, Peyton missed the entire 2011 season with a neck injury. The Colts have the option of keeping Peyton on the roster, but would have to pay him the full amount of his 28 million dollar guaranteed deal for 2012 at the start of the new league year, in early March. While it is feasible that they can do this, most "experts" and most of us here at TFF assume that Peyton will be released.

Peyton has been cleared to practice and play by his own doctors, but even so, there's still a not-miniscule chance that he might never play a snap again. And even if he does play, he might not be the same kind of quarterback we've come to know over the last 14 years.

So where will Peyton go?

THE CONTENDERS

Miami Dolphins

The Dolphins figure to make a play for Manning. I have no idea what the cap situations are for all of these teams, but the Dolphins have been searching for a quarterback to replace Dan Marino since Dan Marino retired. What better way than with a 36 year old Peyton Manning?

Arizona Cardinals

Kevin Kolb sucks. Larry Fitzgerald catching passes from Peyton Manning are the things that dreams are made of. Also I think the Cardinals just signed Peyton's old QB coach? That's kind of cool.

San Francisco 49ers

Peyton Manning with that defense and Jim Harbaugh holy loving poo poo

Here are some other Pey-Tars:

Talk about Peyton Manning!

edit: Of course all of these fantastic logo modifications are credited to Febreeze, who is fantastic and amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Yay! A new home for my stupid pictures!

I may have to stop soon and finish up tomorrow, my neck hurts.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
He's the best quarterback ever folks. and he's not going to play in another subber bowl :(

Mike Tahoe
May 21, 2007

He knows what it means.
The Cardinal head is still my favorite, but the Dolphin is a close second.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Seahawk is by far my favorite (until someone does a Chiefs one), I can't really put my finger on why.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Febreeze posted:

When you do the Jets, please go all out.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Lions are looking up as of lately!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Oh my god, every one of those pictures made me laugh out loud.

Manning2Fitz would be loving incredible. I'm rooting for this.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Hahahahahahhahahaha who did all of these?

e: I just read the other thread. Bra-loving-vo Febreeze.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Schefter really thinks it could be the Titans. He said the 5 teams are:

Miami
Washington
Titans
Jets
Cardinals

Tahm Bwady
Aug 7, 2008

Its 1 thing to jump and be able to land on 2 feet but I had no idea I was landing in Heaven.Hope all is well on this good Friday

Febreeze posted:

I guess you kinda catch it after awhile

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I wouldn't be shocked if the 49ers made a run for him. What's their cap situation like if he becomes a FA?

Also that Bengals Pey-tar literally has me in tears.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

SteelAngel2000 posted:

the Dolphins have been searching for a quarterback to replace Dan Marino since Dan Marino retired.

lol

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
No way Jim Harbaugh takes a flier on an injured Manning after Alex Smith just surpassed expectations in a game manager role. He's reliving his Captain Comeback years vicariously through Smith.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
The Jets are going to have to be quite delicate with this one, because they absolutely should go after Manning but if they do so publicly without getting him it's going to be an enormous clusterfuck given the vote of no confidence that would show in Sanchez.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

jeffersonlives posted:

The Jets are going to have to be quite delicate with this one, because they absolutely should go after Manning but if they do so publicly without getting him it's going to be an enormous clusterfuck given the vote of no confidence that would show in Sanchez.

headline: Jets realize Sanchez sucks, no one surprised

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

If the Miami Dolphins seem to be trying hard to get him the Jets have to make an attempt to acquire him because playing Peyton Manning and Tom Brady twice apiece would be loving hellish

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Professor Funk posted:

If the Miami Dolphins seem to be trying hard to get him the Jets have to make an attempt to acquire him because playing Peyton Manning and Tom Brady twice apiece would be loving hellish

God hates the Bills.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Professor Funk posted:

Bills outbid Jets and Dolphins. Trade Fitzpatrick to the Browns.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I'm so loving sick of hearing people fighting over our quarterback and where he's going to go. I hope he goes and plays for the loving Als and wins fifteen Grey cups in a row

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grantonio posted:

Bills outbid Jets and Dolphins. Trade Fitzpatrick to the Browns.

Fitzpatrick develops extreme case of staph infection after the press conference, suddenly retires.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

jeffersonlives posted:

At this point I don't care if he feels the pressure. Reports from the lockerroom make it seem like he is too comfortable.

Plus it's peyton manning, not some untested new experiment gunning for marks job.

Rex needs to visit Peyton and show his commitment by burning all his offense notes/materials, and brutally sacrificing Wayne Hunter in his honor.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Browns were cheated, it's just a stretched Manning. Combine him with the Browns bulldog image please. Also you can tell by how demanding i'm being that these logos really, really really own

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

1. Jets spend countless millions to sign Peyton Manning

2. Peyton Manning starts first preseason game

3. Wayne Hunter is Wayne Hunter

4. Peyton Manning literally dies on the field

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Professor Funk posted:

1. Jets spend countless millions to sign Peyton Manning

2. Peyton Manning starts first preseason game

3. Wayne Hunter is Wayne Hunter

Do you have to pay out a dead man's contract?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I know the Panthers aren't a contender but gently caress it I said I was doing all of them.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Real hurthling! posted:

At this point I don't care if he feels the pressure. Reports from the lockerroom make it seem like he is too comfortable.

Plus it's peyton manning, not some untested new experiment gunning for marks job.

Rex needs to visit Peyton and show his commitment by burning all his offense notes/materials, and brutally sacrificing Wayne Hunter in his honor.

This would be great for a new season of hard knocks: Off-season edition.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Febreeze posted:

I know the Panthers aren't a contender but gently caress it I said I was doing all of them.

themostdisapproval.jpg

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Professor Funk posted:

"Three weeks from now, I will be in the playoffs. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line! Block for me! If you find yourself alone, running on the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Stadium Elysium, and you are already dead!"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Bahahaha

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I'm starting to picture a scary alternate universe where every animal in existence has an enormous forehead.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Febreeze posted:

These are loving amazing, Febreeze.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

jeffersonlives posted:

It certainly would be interesting to see how he and Sparano collaborate in order to install an offense. I can't imagine he's going to want terrible much ground-and-pound in there.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hcreight posted:

I'm starting to picture a scary alternate universe where every animal in existence has an enormous forehead.

Don't go any further or you'll get all of GBS declaring they can't sleep anymore and that their scared of forehead panther so much they peed themselves.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

So I came back to the forums and saw the Peyton Manning thread exploded with posts, expecting news.

Instead I got this.

:stare:

My smile is so goddamn huge right now.

These past few months have been amazing for hilarious content.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

SolidPolonium posted:

So I came back to the forums and saw the Peyton Manning thread exploded with posts, expecting news.

Instead I got this.

:stare:

My smile is so goddamn huge right now.

we need a version of :stare: except it's actually :manningface:

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

we need a version of :stare: except it's actually :manningface:

Oh god why does this not exist. It would be my new disappointment emote.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

SolidPolonium posted:

Oh god why does this not exist. It would be my new disappointment emote.

I think a new :negative: with Manningface would be loving incredible

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Professor Funk posted:

I think a new :negative: with Manningface would be loving incredible

To be honest Negative Man already does have a Manning Face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Rap posted:

Browns were cheated, it's just a stretched Manning. Combine him with the Browns bulldog image please. Also you can tell by how demanding i'm being that these logos really, really really own
...but the Browns getting screwed just makes so much more sense than giving them anything at all.