Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
We should donate him a crappy but usable computer so he won't have an excuse but at the same time doesn't get anything valuable out of this whole thing. Maybe thematically 'customize' it a 'little', like a functional P-P-P-Powerbook.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Mar 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Tacostein posted:

Not really if it's a parody. And by father Troll, this is.

Isn't the American legal definition of parody as shaky and malleable as gently caress? I know that the concept of fair use has literally no meaning or power outside of a coutroom - it's a legal defense, not a right.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Everdraed posted:

After spending pretty much all day reading Hitmen for Destiny in its entirety, I'm just sort of blown away. From its nonchalant ultra-violence to the myriads of fantastic monsters that are all painstakingly explained and given intelligently-devised ecological backgrounds, it's a god damned mspaint masterpiece. The characters are brilliant, especially Lostclock and Vorte.

The author's spiritual sequel, The Accidental Space Spy, is also good. Simpler art, but the evolutionary craziness is back in spades, this time involving alien behavior and societies. There's also a convincing explanation of the purpose of culture, and one promised for the concept of war.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Am I the only person who's realized the irony of a crossover explicitly not occuring being a plot point? A crossover that would have been positively awful? I hope Lazerbot realizes how genuinely brilliant this page is.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

If Pac-Man grew up in medieval times because he's the first video game hero, does that mean the Looney Tunes are downright ancient? Maybe even pre-dating society as we know it, like Cthulhu?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 29, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

bbf2 posted:

Or maybe just the "villains." I'm betting Yosemite Sam is in there, and probably Marvin the Martian.

Has Sylvester been in this yet?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

simplefish posted:

I know this is Old News but picture the scene:

Batman catches the Joker
The Joker says "Actually I'm a good guy. Your friends are your real enemies."
Batman believes him

I know Batman doesn't say this explicitly, just "after he died i found out the truth about everything" but the Joker's death is clearly connected to this, with the big reveal of the blood relationship and all, so maybe he found a letter the Joker left on his desk marked "FAO: BATMAN (IN CASE YOU BEAT ME TO DEATH)" or something, I don't know. But it's still boiling down to Batman believing the Joker.

The Joker just wants to torture Batman, so he would gladly disobey his master, Alfred Pennyworth, in order to deal Batman the hardest blow of all by proving that everyone he trusts is a phony. And his own death would be the best time to do it, as he would have no fear of reprisal. He probably had the indisputable proof ready for that very occasion.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Captain Tolerable posted:

I would like to think Lazerbot will never stop.

That he will continue going down the slippery slope of insanity, his comics following suit.

I thought there were going to be ten chapters, and then he'd move on to some other comic.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Gentlemen, I believe we are experiencing a fourth wall breach.

lets show
those trolls
what hap
pens when
they mess
with the
wrong guys

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

SaltLick posted:

So is the legit end of the page with her summoning the dark lord or is there more? I don't even care about the goatse I just need more comic!

it was a
trick by
a drat
troll

this is
the real
site

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

ha ha the stupid troll
posted a long spam post
at the end of a page
he let himself get made
to look like a retard
by a quintessence

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

The guy behind Hitmen for Destiny is currently working on a sci-fi comic, Accidental Space Spy.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

nerdbot posted:

THE BULLET JUST NOSEDIVES. That is the funniest thing.

Cartoon physics, motherfucker.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

It's been three and a third days since his notice, and his last comment on it was yesterday. Hardly proof of death or misadventure.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jun 24, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Undead Unicorn posted:

If we could ever sort out the copyright issues, we could make a killing pitching this as a show on Adult Swim.

This would require a complete global reform of copyright law. Which would involve massive changes in the world's most powerful governments and corporations. Which would likely result in the end of the human race. But hey, the robots that would probably exist by then would a helluva lot of laughs out of the greatest product of the culture of the late human race.

"As our departed creators once intoned... dumb rear end will learn."

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

If those viruses give Lazerbot too much trouble, I say we chip in to get him an at-least-usable PC or laptop. Customized to look like a super advanced awesome computer would look like in the Tails Gets Trolled universe.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

DarkHamsterlord posted:

The thread has always been Sonic & friends get trolled, Lazerbot corrected us when he found the thread and told us to fix it, but no one ever did.

Only a mod or admin can change a thread title. The only acknowledgement from a mod or admin has been when one got mad and banned a troll so he won't be so mad.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

You do realize that after TGT he's probably going to do a crossover of the worst films ever made, right?

THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY lovely FILMS

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

The end of this page happened because we told Lazerbot she's trans, didn't it.

Lazerbot, you wonderful bastard. Never change.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

We should make backups of Tails Gets Trolled in case the hacker deletes or replaces the comics. Maybe get in contact with Lazerbot and look into getting him his own website.

Suzuki Method posted:

:siren: E: I told Lazerbot about contacting DeviantART and he doesn't really know how to. If someone here has a dA account (I don't) and knows how to talk to a dA administrator or something about a compromised account that you own, drop Lazerbot a line. :siren:

Seconded.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Aug 5, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

The First/Previous/Next/Last buttons only work within the current chaapter and can't take the user any further. The only way to access all the comics is this unlinked page. Hopefully, updates are on the way.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Aug 6, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

FrenchToasty posted:

For all of you working on tailsgetstrolled.com:

lazerbot posted:

i thank all of you for everything your doing :D

Any word on whether he'll supply non-watermarked versions of the comics?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

There's no way Wile ate Road Runner all in one go. That bird's on ice. In one of the only cartoons in which he spoke, he tells a couple of kids why he's so obsessed with catching it: it's just that loving delicious. Every part of its body has a different flavor.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Final Gloom posted:

It doesn't strike me as a furry game. More like Redwall meets Sonic.... which I guess isn't furry? Nevermind. Maybe I should just say I'm not creeped out by it.

Yeah, our definition of 'furry' is an awful, ignominious circle on a Venn diagram, one that overlaps a circle labeled 'anthropomorphic animals'. For a lot of people, the two circles overlap a lot, perhaps even almost or outright completely. I'm sure there are people out there who would unironically go, "Errrrrgggghh, this game is yiffy poo poo for fags, anyone who likes it is a human being."

We live in a world in which a subculture has ruined anthropomorphic animals for many people. We live in a world in which that is possible.

Of course, it could be more complex than that. I don't know much about the history of the use of anthropomorphic animals outside of comedies, for example. But it's probably not impossible to do so well and not in a crappy way.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Aug 16, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Soonmot posted:

He'll see em. Don't worry.

Yeah, his second fanart video had some really recent ones.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Calico Heart posted:

Lazerbot goading us at the bottom of the page

The next page needs to have the biggest MEAN WHILE yet.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

ClownSyndrome posted:

Second last panel face reminded me of this guy

Garry is dead! Long live Gari!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

I've thought of a technique for Spike and Chester. Remember how at the start of their cartoons Chester would be bugging his hero Spike and Spike would just say "Shaddap!" and smack Chester away? Spike could smack Chester so hard his body shoots straight through a troll's body like a bullet.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Am I the only one who realizes the irony of someone being single-mindedly obsessed with killing Wile E. Coyote? The tables have turned. Meep meep.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

scarycave posted:

Whats going on with Lazerbot is why I finally caved in and bought an account. Can anyone give him a screen shot of the thread posts, or is that ban worthy? He's clearly looking for a reaction to his work.

This might be the solution. Would showing someone screenshots of posts behind the paywall be okay, or would it result in whoever does it tasting Lowtax's mighty banhammer?

Tweek posted:

edit: I'd buy lazerbot an account (I'm sure any of us would) but I don't really want him posting. I kind of like the degree of removal where he reads about something here and the replies to it either in the comic or on his blog.

Plus his style of internet speech, while fun to read, would get him banned here.

Remember when someone bought Gord an account? Yeah.

Edit: Has anyone actually told Lazerbot about the moved paywall yet?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 10, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

I just hope he doesn't stop making the comic until the paywall moves again. The resulting drama and admin sass would be poo poo beyond poo poo.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Again, has anyone told Lazerbot that there's a paywall and that it just moved?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Col. Justice posted:

The description of the fan art contest says to post the picture to the note on Facebook, but I don't seem to see an option for that. I also am not seeing the awesome picture a few posts above. I am missing something obvious or is this part of the Lazerbot madness?

Basically...I want to make fanart, but I want to be able to post it. This loving comic is turning me into an internet person.

I think you have to friend him on Facebook or something to see the page properly.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

I was about to suggest Pac-Man's voice in Pac-Man World 2 and 3, but then I remembered... IT exists. IT being The Amazing Adventures of Pac-Man, a strange children's story-and-songs record from 1980. Side A, Side B.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 29, 2023

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Howard Beale posted:

loving hell, but that opening Pac-Man tune is catchy.

The first part, the catchy part, is from the intermissions in the original game.

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

Somebody get Shmorky on the horn. As soon as the ghosts started talking, I couldn't help but imagine it as a Flash Tub. And now I have to see this happen.

Holy poo poo, yes. Imagine how he'd do the whispering ghost. Goddamn.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 25, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Does the Troll King have an actual name besides "Troll King" yet? If not I think we suddenly have startling new photos of Lowtax killing Sonic the Hedgehog.

Encyclopedia Dramatica might be torn between lying and making Lazerbot look like an idiot, and telling the truth and making Lowtax look like an rear end in a top hat.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

If he's planning on doing Lowtax (or whatever ED says he's called), why not another SA mainstay? Fragmaster, perhaps?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Calling it - reference to Something Awful coming on next page.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

The forums paywall has been lifted, at least from this subforum. Someone should tell Lazerbot so he can read the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Again, I wonder if Lazerbot knows that the paywall seems to have been lifted. If he does that Lowtax parody (he asked someone about who runs Something Awful, so it's possible), it'll just be embarrassing.