Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Could someone be so kind as to avatarize this for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emong
May 31, 2011

hyperhazard posted:

Shrunk it for you. Anything else, and you'll need someone more skilled than me.

Works for me!

Emong
May 31, 2011

Knormal posted:

This robot has a butt for a face.

Are the robot and that little rodent-in-a-hardhat guy from something? I assume they're from some anime or anime-esque video game, since every other protagonist is from something. Except for Rob of course.

The robot is Emerl from Sonic Battle.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Stottie Kyek posted:

Shoot him down? I don't know much about the Sonic universe, does Shadow have some kind of special powers, or is he actually packing heat in this comic?

Not only is he packing heat, but he's been able to use Chaos Spear since forever, basically.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Wildeyes posted:

I do think it's a little odd he includes Emerl, who was only in one obscure Sonic title that came out almost a decade ago.

Although I guess he makes it clear he's a Sonic fan.

Emerl was also in Sonic Advance 3 as a boss, so that's probably where he knows him from.

Emong
May 31, 2011

kalonZombie posted:

Silver's running out of mana? When the gently caress did this turn into an RPG?

Well in '06 he did have that little energy bar that fueled his powers, but all he has to do to refill that is just stand still for 5 seconds, so I dunno.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Maruna posted:

Doesn't invincibility usually give you infinite air, or at least prevent you from drowning? I can't think of a single time I've ever drowned while sparklin'.

Nope, only prevents stuff that would make you drop rings.

Emong
May 31, 2011

I assume they just didn't bother putting a collision box up in the sky because there's no way to get up that high outside of a couple of glitches.

Emong
May 31, 2011

nerdbot posted:

Silver is very, very poorly defined. The developers of Sonic 2006 had envisioned him as the "future Trunks" to Sonic's Goku and Shadow's Vegeta but even then he's just really badly portrayed, and his backstory makes very little sense if you look into it. He's supposed to come off as being "eager and hopeful" in spite of coming from a BAD FUTURE but none of this really gets through--he's more or less a guy with psychic powers who moves through the plot.

The best part is that the design documents for Sonic '06 literally described him as "like Trunks."

Emong
May 31, 2011

Aristobulus posted:

I really don't know why they've dropped him, but brought back basically everyone else except Mighty and Ray. Nack was awesome, and I firmly believe he's one of the best Sonic characters.

Probably just to keep the Robotnik as the single villain, I'd guess. Mighty was never brought back because he has nothing to differentiate him from Sonic (he's even based on a rejected design for Sonic), and Ray probably just morphed into Tails.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Manwithastick posted:

I forget this, when did it happen?

I think Batman mentioned it when he introduced himself to Tails.

...That's a sentence I never thought I'd write.

Emong
May 31, 2011

I'd assume Knuckles would be pretty tough, considering that his entire thing in the actual games is that he's the tough guy who can shatter stone and can climb walls by punching them repeatedly.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure the original had it spelled both ways and the updated version just changed them both to cannon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emong
May 31, 2011

Stitch Bitch posted:

Wonder who shadow dude is on the right side in the middle. Looks like a silhouette of Luigi.

Maybe it's that Father guy from Kids Next Door