Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Add another :10bux: to the TGT tally.

I hope Lazerbot will either just repeat the Trollface gag with the contest winner OC or explode them shortly after their introduction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
:aaaaa: Oh, Lazerbot, your crazy diamond keeps on shining! :allears:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
There's a shitfest going on on Lazerbot's Facebook page. He's really angry at Lowtax because the paywall is up again. And there's a fuckton of trolls goading him as well. I think someone needs a :chillpill:

Lazerbot posted:

i really hope its just this lap top or something but it appears there's another pay wall on the something awful forums, but it might just be in issue of mine, any of you that don't go on the forums help me out and tell if its doing it to you or im just doing it wrong
never mind, its not just me, the pay wall is back up and so soon, you know what that means? the person who create the something awful forums us a greedy little gently caress, who would make people pay to use am account or even to see the forums, just sounds like a greedy jew troll to me
im just pointing out the stupidity of making people pay for a forum, there's plenty of forums that are free
i feel sorry that you guys are giving him money, your feeding his none deserving greedy rear end

etc

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

simplefish posted:

Much like Jews?
I don't know, I like Lazy B but then he comes out with something like "it's all gay loving homo poo poo that guy stole my account", or "lowtax is a greedy troll jew".
I don't want to start this whole thing up again, I'm just feeling a little :smith: about it all.

His saving grace is that he's probably not using those words in the context of actually hating Jewish (or gay) people. He's heard someone (his dad, mom, friends, teachers) use them as an insult and kept using them that way.

If he does mean them as hate-words, well... :smith:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
He's making his own story, merely using artistic elements omnipresent around him as a frame. It's been done since the beginings of art.

It kinda reminds me of "Don Quixote" and "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" - All the elements you'd expect from a well known and accepted (for a given value of accepted) genre are there, yet none of them are working the way they're supposed to. The story keeps surprising you because you expect the genre conventions to be followed instead of viewing it as an independent work with it's own laws, conventions and lines of reasoning. And you enjoy it because it really is something new. Works like those always tend to happen when a group/society/culture gets oversaturated with a (relatively) small number of tropes. Artists need not only to find a way to break out of the same stale "art", they need to leave a gap wide enough for others to follow.

I'm putting way too much thought into this, but I really hope Lazerbot and TGT get introduced to a much wider audience. So many people would enjoy the shock.

edit: me tipe gud :downs:

my dad fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 30, 2012

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Stele007 posted:

I just started reading that recently, and I have to agree. Random characters keep popping in out of nowhere and the focal characters change over time. Lazerbot just needs to add in nonsensical time restrictions (We must rescue Fudd in X days or Y dies!) and start making badass artwork. But really, I bet his primary influence is Naruto among other shounen.

Yeah, Naruto is a major influence. I had a moderately long chat with him on FB after he posted his thoughts and ideas on DA. I asked him about some of the stuff he wrote and commented on it, and he replied with a few Naruto-based metaphors. (I had no loving idea what he was talking about so I had to google it) For example, he used genjustu as comparison when he tried to explained to me how he sees words as merely illusions that can only harm you if you let them.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Please don't do this. SA injokes like this physically make me nauseous, as they should any right thinking person.

Seconding this. I like SA, but not that much.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The basement extends beyond the base of the tower. It's huge.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Well, such a wiki actually exists. It's also getting updates too, as someone posted the page for Garry 3 days ago.

:stare:

Well, it's only got four articles so far, but :drat:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

horriblePencilist posted:

It represents how everything in the past has been like a blur for Wile.
It's called show, don't tell. Get a clue.

You do realize that black text over black/teal background is kinda hard to read, right?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
No, it just improves their ability to control the corpse, I think.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Aramek posted:

Remember when I complained that Chapter 5 was really, really difficult? Well, it was. :colbert:

At a couple points during recording I had to quick look up what some of these characters sounded like. Some, like Arthur, I couldn't do in a million years, but, gently caress it.

All hail Aramek, leader of the Voiceacticons!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Hahahahahaha... This was hilarious. I can't wait for the second series of angry rants. "You have chickened out, Lazerbot, how could you do this!"

:munch:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I'm actually surprised that it took so long for something like this to happen. Murdering J. B. has been an internet meme for a quite a while, and all it takes for stuff like that to go too far is one sick bastard. (or two)

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

El Belmondo posted:

There's also the ever hilarious Trans-fat, but we're getting a bit off topic.

If LB is having finals, I hope he's done soon.

Trans-fatlantic

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Sooo... Hindo makes headway for hellish hordes of Hindos to hinder and harass our handicapped hero?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

On Facebook, Lazerbot posted:

jazflight my man whats the hold up on the next video bro. im dying here. i demand more :D its awesome and im dying to see more :D more friends. if you guys agree with me then join in ^^ its to good for it to stop now. you wonderful batsard you

You reading this Jazzflight? you wonderful batsard you

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Judging by how much Demaro is being built up as the main villain, or at least the main villain's 3rd eye man, I'm pretty sure Coyote's in for this: :smugissar:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

withheldmcfakename posted:

Still reading the thread, lazerbot? drat fine snake mouth you drew there, compared to anything from the early chapters that is.

Paywall.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

BiggerJ posted:

Where and when exactly does the paywall move from subforum to subforum? Is it a subforum whitelist or a subforum blacklist?

The entire forum is off limits, as far as I know.

Go to 216.86.148.111 to view the forums as if you were logged out, without actually logging out.
You'll also get an entertaining video encouraging you to join the forums.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
"ying yang serpends" :allears:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

simplefish posted:

Demaro is there by the power of Satan. For him, the usual rules have gone out of the window.

Best part for me was
Coyote: "its my turn to attack"
[Demaro proceeds to power up and shoot a Pink Shard attack]
[Coyote, having powered up a ball of String Energy, considers using Road Runner but still does not attack]

It's called si-co-logical warfare. Keep 'em guessing while you :smug:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Holy crap, this is awesome! Please make more of that stuff.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Taking this!

edit: How do you add gangtags?

my dad fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 12, 2013

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Dragonatrix posted:

In the "custom text" box just write:

code:
[timg]http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/a9/71/00145955.0001.gif[/timg]
And it'll give you:

Thanks. :)

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
TGT and Thorsby's comics are melting my brain. How can something so crude be so awesome?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
So, this was posted in the SW:TOR LP thread

Zaodai posted:

In the Jedi mindset, the counterbalance to extreme emotion isn't calmness and stoicness, it is smugness. So when being smug inexplicably (in their eyes) fails, they lose their poo poo.

Is Coyote a Jedi? :ohdear: Could an unsmugging prove to be his downfall?

Yes, I know, Lazerbot doesn't like Star Wars, but this is a perfect description of Coyote's mental state.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Demaro, your rear end is grass.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Not enough teeth. :colbert:

vvv They may take his arm, but they'll never ta-:commissar:

my dad fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 14, 2013

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
To ignore the elephant pokemon Teemo in the room for a second, I like the very, very slight grin on Demaro's face. He's up to something.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
And the mercenary.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Commutator posted:

So where are these comics being posted now? I know lazerbot's original deviantart got hacked, and the imgur gallery in the OP isn't up to date.

His new deviantart account. However, all the comics are much easier to find at https://www.tailsgetstrolled.com which gets updated regularly.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
not to be a stick in the mud but

WE'VE GOT AN UPDATE! :allears:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Breadallelogram posted:

Not to be a stick in the mud, but stop posting stuff from the page above the page. Seriously.

I made sure that the text is related to the page without actually revealing anything important. :fut:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

MR.fat gay monkey :laffo:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
disburst... That's actually a nice word to describe a sudden dispersal.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I'm just going to point out that Tails' spikes are going the wrong way. The transition is visible on the last two panels of the previous page. So this is, in fact, a fake Tails.

The only question that remains is whether Ronald is going to notice it. (Actually, there's one more, of course, was it was actually a fake Ronald all along?)

my dad fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 20, 2013

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Welp, my attempt to predict Lazey-B gets sunk, again.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Hellsau posted:

If you're trying to claim Ronald McDonald is from a cartoon I'll tell you to go to hell. He'll always be the creepy statue in the play pen to me.

They all float down here, Georgie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Hello Kitty's eyes. :gonk:

Looking at them feels like staring into the abyss...