Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Aceofblue posted:

I was very excited upon seeing an Operator symbol stamped envelope in my mail today! Unfortunately, they mistakenly sent me season 1 instead of season 2. :smith: Both invoices I have (from the mail and from when I ordered) were correct, so I emailed the DVD people and hopefully it'll get taken care of soon. Oh well, I wasn't going to have time to watch it until after this week anyways and I didn't need the temptation.

Watch it anyway, you'll have plenty of extra time once you stop sleeping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

Pope Guilty posted:

Watch it anyway, you'll have plenty of extra time once you stop sleeping.
B-but I already have season 1! :ohdear: I actually just lent it to a friend a week or so ago; maybe this will be one of those situations where she perpetually forgets to return it, but Downtown Explosions will let me keep the extra copy so it's a win-win?

P455W012D
Mar 20, 2007

"Smells like a Squatch"

Volume posted:

To make it creepier.
FO
UN
DY
OU

Stalk the person as you wear a mask.

Kambultoh
Aug 1, 2008

God drat it, I finally get around to ordering seasons 1 & 2 and it refuses to let me pay with my husband's credit card because it's linked to his PayPal account and I don't know the password to that. loving PayPal, I seriously hate everything to do with that godawful bullshit company, and now I can't order Marble Hornets on top of it. gently caress.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Kambultoh posted:

God drat it, I finally get around to ordering seasons 1 & 2 and it refuses to let me pay with my husband's credit card because it's linked to his PayPal account and I don't know the password to that. loving PayPal, I seriously hate everything to do with that godawful bullshit company, and now I can't order Marble Hornets on top of it. gently caress.

Unless it takes a week before you see your husband again, you're probably going to be able to get his PayPal password before they send out the second wave. :unsmith:

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

Good god, that hidden bonus is utterly fantastic. It was everything I hoped it'd be, and more.

The quality on the entries looks great, and the only complaint I have is a few menu glitches. That by no means is me saying this is bad. This is probably my favorite purchase since my Doctor Who blu-rays a few months back.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

soupcan58 posted:

Good god, that hidden bonus is utterly fantastic. It was everything I hoped it'd be, and more.

It also explains the mystery of why the Operator is stalking Alex It was just trying to stop that awful movie from getting made :D

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Volume posted:

Well my main worry is the Return Video, shows Jay slumped in a corner of a house with Slendy turning the corner. Posted by ToTheArk who I think J also assumes to be masky. So that video tells me that ToTheArk/masky was filming for Operator.

Masky does seem to have taken a more benign personality in Season 2 but he clearly has a malicious presence in Season 1

Since Jay's face is painted or something, it could be argued that Masky was showing him that Slenderman just walks right on by if someone isn't identifiable.

Kinda. Maybe.

And the frame is somewhat steady compared to many other shots in the series, perhaps indicating the camera was just left on a tripod to run since Masky knew Slenderman would happen on by.

If you accept that Masky may have the manners of a labrador retriever puppy, the charging forward at full speed thing can be seen as a clumsy attempt to be of assistance.

Really, if Masky was a malicious presence, he would have just killed Jay outright when he was hanging around his room. Instead, he was doing Batman poses and swinging his feet like some sort of innocent child.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Antifreeze Head posted:

Really, if Masky was a malicious presence, he would have just killed Jay outright when he was hanging around his room. Instead, he was doing Batman poses and swinging his feet like some sort of innocent child.

Masky just wants friends :(

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Pop Pop Ret posted:

Stalk the person as you wear a mask.

Kill them and then make their body vanish

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Kill them and then make their body vanish

Then pretend it was all a prank because it was their birthday! :toot:

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

@MarbleHornets posted:

About to head over to the store. Hopefully someone there can tell me about Tim.

:ohdear:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

JordanKai posted:

Then pretend it was all a prank because it was their birthday! :toot:

Are people still insisting it's all a birthday prank?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

"Oh, that little buttmunch that's always smoking on our front stoop? I called the cops and he's sitting in jail, guess he had a bunch of warrants out for stalking and B&E."

:ms:

segoli
Oct 23, 2010

But of course, from a thief's perspective, the best kind of ladder is the rope-ladder. A step-ladder is much too heavy to carry around, after all.
"There's a ton of people in here. Must be a hell of a sale."

Don't wanna miss out on those great deals, Jay! Make sure you get in there quick before some moron snaps up all the goods.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

^^^ :argh:

@marblehornets posted:

There's a ton of people in here. Must be a hell of a sale.

Oh, you poor dumb idiot...

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

I predict its an eyes-wide-shut party, but with Masky masks instead of the white ones.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Antifreeze Head posted:

Since Jay's face is painted or something, it could be argued that Masky was showing him that Slenderman just walks right on by if someone isn't identifiable.

This has been my assumption. Something about wearing a mask interferes with the Operator's ability to to perceive or identify you, or makes him ignore you. I think it was Tim telling Jay to mask up. This is also why, the first time they Jay met him as Masky, when Jay knocked Tim on his rear end and tried to unmask him, Tim freaks the gently caress out. He's terrified that Jay will unmask him in a place which is Slendy-friendly or whatever.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
I wonder if we have a My Final Betrayel type situation here?

Be careful Jay!!

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

@marblehornets posted:

None of these people are Tim, though.

I'm :f5:'ing like crazy. Be careful, Jay!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Pope Guilty posted:

This has been my assumption. Something about wearing a mask interferes with the Operator's ability to to perceive or identify you, or makes him ignore you. I think it was Tim telling Jay to mask up.

Yeah that's always how I've taken Return, a not-so-subtle hint to Jay that he should really just put on the drat mask. Tim even leaves him one hanging on a doorknob in a future entry but Jay doesn't take it.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

@marblehornets posted:

None of these people are Tim, though.

Well, I guess that takes care of that.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

@marblehornets posted:

There's no one up at the counter, either.

Get out while you still can, Jay!

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Double post:

@marblehornets posted:

Think I found the owner, but she's busy.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

@marblehornets posted:

Just asked her if she's seen Tim but she said she didn't know who I was talking about. Don't think she really heard me.

:stare: HAVE YOU SEEN TIM
:geno: ...huh?

a debaser
May 9, 2008
I hope next we get a play by play on Jay trying to get his waiter's attention at Applebees.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
Random, but why did I just receive $12 sent to my paypal from Downtown Explosion and immediately afterwards a charge for $24?

[edit] I'm assuming it might be to charge the difference on S+H, but the postage only said $3.25 on the envelope so I don't see why I'm being charged an extra $12?

robodex fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 29, 2012

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

a debaser posted:

I hope next we get a play by play on Jay trying to get his waiter's attention at Applebees.

@Marblehornets posted
The chickenwings have arrived. They're not Tim.

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

INITIATING KAYKE-EATING SOFTWARE

soupcan58 posted:

Well, I guess that takes care of that.

The real question is how can he tell that none of them are Tim when they're all wearing masks?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Captain_Indigo posted:

@Marblehornets posted
The chickenwings have arrived. They're not Tim.

Asked the waitress for a refill. Don't think she really heard me. She's not Tim.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

eating only apples posted:

:stare: HAVE YOU SEEN TIM
:geno: ...huh?

if I looking for tim
him name is masky green tim

P.S. I'll find my tim

:frog:

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

@marblehornets posted:

Lost her again. I'm just going to come back tomorrow when the sale is over.

FirstThing
Nov 22, 2005

Drive all night, take some speed
Wait for the sun to shine down on me
Only Jay can go into something like that and come out with nothing.

I hate you Jay :(

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Troy Wagner: master troll :argh:

How big is this goddam store anyway?

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

Docjowles posted:

Troy Wagner: master troll :argh:

How big is this goddam store anyway?

Apparently big enough for Jay to hide in while someone drags corpses around outside the room. :(

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Just out of curiosity - who writes the twitter feed? I always just presumed it was Jay's actor because I picture this stuff happening to Jay, but that's obviously a fairly silly way of doing it, so I'm guessing it's Troy?

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

Captain_Indigo posted:

Just out of curiosity - who writes the twitter feed? I always just presumed it was Jay's actor because I picture this stuff happening to Jay, but that's obviously a fairly silly way of doing it, so I'm guessing it's Troy?

Troy plays Jay, so both answers are probably right!

Edit:

Jay posted:

The empty room I was in last time is just full of books now. Didn't see that weird painting anywhere either. http://pic.twitter.com/85gHGXG3

Going into that room seems like a very bad idea, so hopefully that'll be his next move. :ohdear:

Turpentine Caz fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 1, 2012

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

drat it! I meant does Troy or the guy who plays Alex?

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

That I can't answer definitely. I think I remember reading something Troy said that indicated he writes the tweets, but I could accidentally be making poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I would assume it's a collaboration between them, probably written ahead of time.

• Locked thread