Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enilev
Jun 11, 2001

Domesticated

Tennis Ball posted:

I'm sure you have all seen the Harlem Shake videos going around.

Here is the Slenderman version:

I laughed. That's a lot better than some of the ones out there. I didn't even notice him standing in the closet for the first half of the video until I watched it a second time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

@marblehornets posted:

I've got the first few minutes of the tape playing now.

The guys are going to some nerd convention this weekend so not sure how soon we'll get a new entry, but at least something's happening?

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Marble Hornets Season 3:

Docjowles posted:

something's happening?

E: nvm, but lets see that gd footage

fullroundaction fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 13, 2013

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

@marblehornets posted:

Still trying to get the rest of the tape to work. I'll upload whatever I get from it sometime tomorrow.

New entry tomorrow?

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Jay 2K Winger posted:

New entry tomorrow?

Entry #67

Open to footage of Jay loving around with a camcorder trying to get playback to work. The Operator wanders by in the background as the camcorder makes buzzing sounds. Masky leans into view and taps Jay on his right shoulder. Masky "disappears" by leaning to the left as Jay turns around. Alex and Jay have an unexpected yet pleasant phone conversation. Jay dramatically wonders aloud whether Alex can be trusted or not. Tim walks up and asks if Jay wants to go for a walk in Rosswood Park. Jay agrees and, standing up, reveals that he's been sitting on an Operator Symbol the entire time. Video feed zooms in on some random object, distortion ensues. End-of-video-text explains that Jay subsequently dropped the camera and the real footage will be released at a later date.

I still love this series.

*edit* Better?

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 15, 2013

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Whoa whoa whoa, one entry at a time. Don't give away the rest of the season all at once.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

IUG posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, one entry at a time. Don't give away the rest of the season all at once.

Adding spoiler tags right now.

Tritanomalicious
Mar 14, 2008

A dog, A barrel... RIDICULOUS!
Clearly, the next tape will be a recording of Tim and Jay following around Hoody, then grabbing the tape. Therefore, it will be eerie and kind of a mindfuck, but not really tell us anything new.

I love the series, but much like everything else I enjoy, there's plenty to mock.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

A Terrible Person posted:

Entry #67

Open to footage of Jay loving around with a camcorder trying to get playback to work. The Operator wanders by in the background as the camcorder makes buzzing sounds. Masky leans into view and taps Jay on his right shoulder. Masky "disappears" by leaning to the left as Jay turns around. Alex and Jay have an unexpected yet pleasant phone conversation. Jay dramatically wonders aloud whether Alex can be trusted or not. Tim walks up and asks if Jay wants to go for a walk in Rosswood Park. Jay agrees and, standing up, reveals that he's been sitting on an Operator Symbol the entire time. Video feed zooms in on some random object, distortion ensues. End-of-video-text explains that Jay subsequently dropped the camera and the real footage will be released at a later date.

I still love this series.

*edit* Better?

It's crazy how true to the source this is.

Azraden
Oct 26, 2010

Ooh - a crevice
Entry 67 is up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7DcVYRrUNg

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7DcVYRrUNg

#67 is up everyone!

e: Dangit :(

e2: For a second there I thought we were going to get a money shot of The Operator manifesting out of nowhere, but then it became more obvious that the light was just making the corner the Operator was behind hard to see and now I'm just sad.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 16, 2013

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
OK so it looks like Tim's wearing the chest-cam which would place this right about when he was slenderporting around with the pond and poo poo. I guess this also pretty definitively proves that skimasky isn't Alex, even though we've already seen them together and we know they're not the same anyway. Any guesses as to who skimasky was shooting at in the woods? My guess would be somehow Alex got away when the Operator showed up and was running through the woods.

Rambowjo
May 27, 2008

:cop: let it go dude, hail satan
The look on Alex's face, when Skimasky is pointing the gun at him. It's almost like pity, as if he knows exactly what's going to happen.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

OK so it looks like Tim's wearing the chest-cam which would place this right about when he was slenderporting around with the pond and poo poo. I guess this also pretty definitively proves that skimasky isn't Alex, even though we've already seen them together and we know they're not the same anyway. Any guesses as to who skimasky was shooting at in the woods? My guess would be somehow Alex got away when the Operator showed up and was running through the woods.

He could have been pointing it at himself, which is the only thing he could have pointed it at; where he was, nothing else would be alive. Watch it again: there is blood splatter on the lens real quick, with the back of his head facing the camera.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Terminal Entropy posted:

He could have been pointing it at himself, which is the only thing he could have pointed it at; where he was, nothing else would be alive. Watch it again: there is blood splatter on the lens real quick, with the back of his head facing the camera.

I think the red you're seeing is just Tim's shirt. It cuts really quick and there's a little overlap there. If skimasky shot themselves in the back of the head, who was checking out the tape in the hospital? Here are 3 frame grabs in between skimasky with the gun and Tim waking up. The only frames I can find between these are solid black.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

If skimasky shot themselves in the back of the head, who was checking out the tape in the hospital?

He is in a place that might deny him getting away with it.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
I still think Masky is Future Jay trying to change the timeline, regardless of what that has to do with this episode.

*edit* Then again, Past Future Jay and Future Past Jay may be involved somehow. Hopefully the next episode will be less ambiguous.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
I almost didn't recognize Alex. Anybody able to figure out what he's shouting at Skimasky? I'm not that good at lip reading.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

E-Tank posted:

I almost didn't recognize Alex. Anybody able to figure out what he's shouting at Skimasky? I'm not that good at lip reading.

I dunno, it looks like pretty much what you would expect. As best I can tell, he's making vague threats like "you better let me go", and the last part before Tim jumps him seems to end in "right now".

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

I still think Masky is Future Jay trying to change the timeline, regardless of what that has to do with this episode.

That would explain why he's done such a terrible job at it.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Why does Tim still have his Masky mask? If I knew I sometimes had episodes where I put that mask on and ran around causing havoc and scaring people, as well as going to my doctor (which he's done, to be fair) I'd get rid of the mask. Maybe Skimasky keeps giving him new ones.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Interesting editing in this video. I wonder if there's anything we're missing in those flashes or distortions..

So, presumably skimasky wanted Jay and Tim to find that.. what purpose does it serve him/her? I'm sticking with futureJ, although I'm suspicious that we don't see the hands. Perhaps they would give it away somehow?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

*edit* Then again, Past Future Jay and Future Past Jay may be involved somehow. Hopefully the next episode will be less ambiguous.

If anyone has seen the british show called Misfits it doesn't sound that far off, the costumes even looks similar

Jiro Kage
Aug 6, 2003

PICKLE SURPRISE!
Perhaps Alex is somewhat of a "carrier" of Slendie now. I say this because as he was lying there, the slightest of a smile touched his mouth as if he knew what was coming. Perhaps he has a compulsion to "feed" Slendie now, or maybe he's simply haunted by him.

Of course, that doesn't explain our dear Maskie friends or the blackouts or whatever, but still, it seems that theres some definite conscious link between Slendie and Alex. The fact that the Camera relates definitely (as seen when his ex-girlfriend found the Camera and Slenderman dragged her around) is something to consider also.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
So before I go to watch this new entry, does Stuff Happen in it?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Rokstar posted:

Yes, actually. I have to admit I only watched it once with the sound off (I was in a public place and sans headphones) but there's some action in it. You reminded me to check it out again with sound.

LobsterTick
Jul 11, 2011

"We did something this year that was not based on animosity."

The Rokstar posted:

Surprisingly enough, it's packed with interesting stuff and has very little pointless walking in the woods.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

The Ape of Naples posted:

Yes, actually. I have to admit I only watched it once with the sound off (I was in a public place and sans headphones) but there's some action in it. You reminded me to check it out again with sound.

Actually you didn't miss a thing with the sound off. There's no dialog, the only audio is occasional footsteps/incidental noises and distortion.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

Edit: vvvvv I guess he could have just been checking that it was still there ("those dumbasses haven't found it yet"), or he may have been aware they were following and just led them to where he had stashed it previously.

Sorry for the double-post but loving vindicated by the text in entry #67 which says basically this exactly.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
What I don't understand is that if Skimasky wants to cap Alex, why he doesn't just pull the trigger when our favorite S&M enthusiast shows up? The gun is probably still leveled at his noggin, all it takes is one twitch. Hell, seeing that thing would make me clench my hands into fists reflexively.

Its clear that since this clues us into it being Skimasky, in the abandoned hospital, with the lead pipe, he pretty much has zero concern for Alex. A metal pipe to the back of the noggin would cause a concussion at least, and probably outright kill him. This also means the hesitation to cap him is kind of contrived and stupid.

E-Tank fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 16, 2013

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

E-Tank posted:

What I don't understand is that if Skimasky wants to cap Alex, why he doesn't just pull the trigger when our favorite S&M enthusiast shows up? The gun is probably still leveled at his noggin, all it takes is one twitch. Hell, seeing that thing would make me clench my hands into fists reflexively.

Its clear that since this clues us into it being Skimasky, in the abandoned hospital, with the lead pipe, he pretty much has zero concern for Alex. A metal pipe to the back of the noggin would cause a concussion at least, and probably outright kill him. This also means the hesitation to cap him is kind of contrived and stupid.

Maybe he knows something we don't and killing Alex with slenderman there would have caused something bad to happen.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

E-Tank posted:

It could just be something as simple as this following the laws of TV, blunt hits to the head could never be lethal and just KOs people!

It seems we didn't really miss out on anything because of the lack of audio. Not much was said, other than Alex's shouting which was probably all just "Let me go!"

I'm still not sure why Alex is patrolling that place all the time. Is he just lying in ambush for the gang, is he defending something? He's obviously not Slenderman's target anymore, it's been strongly implied he's a sort of servant.

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 16, 2013

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Bobnumerotres posted:

It could just be something as simple as this following the laws of TV, blunt hits to the head could never be lethal and just KOs people!

It seems we didn't really miss out on anything because of the lack of audio. Not much was said, other than Alex's shouting which was probably all just "Let me go!"

I'm still not sure why Alex is patrolling that place all the time. Is he just lying in ambush for the gang, is he defending something? He's obviously not Slenderman's target anymore, it's been strongly implied he's a sort of servant.

I assumed he was looking for Tim, as he had left him there at least once.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Zelmel posted:

I assumed he was looking for Tim, as he had left him there at least once.

Yeah, the room he looked into I think is the one that Tim was left in, the one with the writing on it. Then Tim starts coughing and Alex heads in that direction, prompting Skimasky to go up and smack him upside the head.

Considering this isn't the first time that Alex has tried to kill him, it wouldn't surprise me at all that he was there to do just that. Maybe S&M told him that Tim was there, nice and helpless.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Slemdermang didn't show up until Skimasky had Alex at the business end of a pistol. Consider that, if Tim was the intended target, Mr. Stiff Arms could have just popped in earlier while Tim was beating the poo poo out of Alex.

The look on Alex's face implies that Slendy is using Alex as a pet/partner/servant and was used as bait to get Skimasky to come out. Alex is Renfield to Slenderman's Dracula.

The part that puzzles me is the relationship between Tim and Skimasky. Tim didn't seem to mind too much that Skimasky was there. He walked right past him to go beat Alex up. I find it hard to believe he didn't notice that Skimasky was right mere feet away, as he walked by.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

They've clearly worked together before, in a previous entry they tried to strangle Alex before SlimJim showed up.

I don't think the Tim we saw is the Tim we all know and love, I think it was Timasky, Tim during one of his...episodes.

I also get the feeling that Tim didn't want to kill Alex. Beat the poo poo out of him? Yeah, but not kill. That and Slendy might be watching and waiting to make sure his pet is in absolute mortal danger before popping up for...some reason. Tim beating the poo poo out of him is nothing if he can take a loving lead pipe to the brainpan. A pistol shot between the eyes is a bit harder to just brush off, I wager.

Did we ever get any ideas on who TTA was? I know everybody thought Masky was, now SkiMasky, but I'm starting to wonder if its not Alex trying to keep J enticed. He was the one supposedly that sent the video to J with Alex and his girlfriend/fiance/whatever getting attacked.

Edit: Should I be using spoilers? I don't want to ruin anything for anybody.

E-Tank fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 17, 2013

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Spoiler tags don't need to be used past the first post announcing the new video, IMO.

I wouldn't say it's a safe assumption that they didn't want to kill Alex ... I think they just didn't want to kill him YET. They must have been trying to interrogate him or something.

TTA could still be anybody, or any combination of people (including the viewer(s)).

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Honestly, at this point I get the feeling, even though it seems contrary to slenderman as this unknowable evil force, that he's a servant, or working for alex. That alex is the one in control, even if not consciously. Every time he shows up with alex, its as if alex is summoning him, and not the other way around of appeasing him. From getting rid of bodies, to showing up to save him, to, heck even when alex caught jay in his apartment snooping, its almost as if he summoned up slenderman out of rage or something. Even the ending of season 2, slenderman attacks him in his hotel room right after they escape from being shot by alex.

If it is the case, I certainly don't think its conscious, which could also explain all of alex's encounters with slenderman and why it never seemed to hurt him. The more he filmed it, the more obsessed he got with it, summoning him more and more unwittingly.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

fullroundaction posted:

TTA could still be anybody, or any combination of people (including the viewer(s)).

Didn't Troy say TTA was just something he did for shits and giggles? Did he retcon that or is the character still retired?

EDIT: Oh man there's been some new TTA videos since some months ago, poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

E-Tank posted:

Did we ever get any ideas on who TTA was?

We don't know. Popular theories include Alex, Tim, blackout Jay trying to communicate with regular Jay, Slenderman, Jessica, Amy, the collective consciousness of everyone Slenderman has ever taken communicating from the dimension of insanity he comes from, or even us, the audience. At one point Jay even said on Twitter that "Those videos are so inconsistent. It's like they're being made by different people. No way I can prove that, though." I've felt the exact same thing since season 1, that some videos kinda goad Jay into action while others just say "LOL UR GONNA DIE MIGHT AS WELL JUST END IT NOW LOSER". Marble Hornets hasn't been big on red herrings so I take the tweet as strong confirmation that TTA is at least two people and they're not necessarily working together. The threat videos are from Alex and the "helpful" videos are from blackout Masky Tim. That's just my pet theory of course.

And yeah don't worry about spoilers after the first couple posts following a new entry. Just enough to give a buffer for someone who hasn't clicked on the thread in a while.

edit:

Bobnumerotres posted:

Didn't Troy say TTA was just something he did for shits and giggles? Did he retcon that or is the character still retired?

EDIT: Oh man there's been some new TTA videos since some months ago, poo poo.

You're right that Troy just started doing TTA for shits when bored at work. It's in the commentary on one of the DVD's I think. They were going to shitcan TTA going into season 2 but it was so popular they decided to keep the character around. And yup, there are a lot of new TTA videos, it's very much not retired :)

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Feb 17, 2013

• Locked thread