Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

INITIATING KAYKE-EATING SOFTWARE

Pope Guilty posted:

I like the idea that Alex is a psychopath and the Operator is protecting him by cleaning up his messes, but that's maybe a bit too outre.

I was going to say that this can't be the case, because then why would Alex get Jessica out of danger. But thinking about it, I've just been assuming that the reason he told her he'd found Amy was to keep her out of the whole Operator clusterfuck. He could've been doing it so that she wouldn't be looking around and so there'd be one less potential witness to his crimes.

Not sure if I like the idea of him being a complete psychopath, but that's just because I was fascinated by that kind of character as a teenager and burned myself out a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

:siren: IT'S COMING THIS WEDNESDAY :siren:

Where by "it" I obviously mean the second part of Happy Birthday Shadow.

I for one am just as excited about this as I am about the first episode of season 3. Literally everything these people touch turns to gold.

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

soupcan58 posted:

Well, I guess that takes care of that.

The real question is how can he tell that none of them are Tim when they're all wearing masks?

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

Docjowles posted:

Troy Wagner: master troll :argh:

How big is this goddam store anyway?

Apparently big enough for Jay to hide in while someone drags corpses around outside the room. :(

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

Captain_Indigo posted:

Just out of curiosity - who writes the twitter feed? I always just presumed it was Jay's actor because I picture this stuff happening to Jay, but that's obviously a fairly silly way of doing it, so I'm guessing it's Troy?

Troy plays Jay, so both answers are probably right!

Edit:

Jay posted:

The empty room I was in last time is just full of books now. Didn't see that weird painting anywhere either. http://pic.twitter.com/85gHGXG3

Going into that room seems like a very bad idea, so hopefully that'll be his next move. :ohdear:

Turpentine Caz fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 1, 2012

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

That I can't answer definitely. I think I remember reading something Troy said that indicated he writes the tweets, but I could accidentally be making poo poo up.

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

Keep seeing a faceless man on Alex's tapes, but it isn't Tim.

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

JordanKai posted:

It amuses me that the best part of this video was Troy improvising Omega back into the story. :allears:

e: By-the-by, a buddy of mine has a tendency to make GIFs out of silly Marble Hornets moments and post them on Unfiction or wherever. So here are some for Happy Birthday Shadow just in case anyone is looking for a new avatar:

Hey thanks, I was someone looking for a new avatar.

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

Jay should just march into the clinic, calling himself Doctor Tray and saying Gus told him to come.

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

Ohhh, I've seen that screencap floating around second-hand but couldn't find it on the in-game twitter or Troy's blog. Why didn't I think to check his oog twitter? :doh:

Beaumains posted:

Jay: The new Harry Mason. "Have you seen Tim? Black sideburns? Somewhere in his twenties?"

Entry 53. Found what's probably Tim's house, though I'm not sure since there's no Tim around.

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

So, how long will Jay be able to stick to his cover story this time?

I'm so excited about this show coming back that I'm having a hard time getting to sleep. :v: I wasn't expecting that much plot in the very first episode. But drat was it a good surprise. Wonder what dark and horrible secrets are going to be on this round of student film footage?

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

That was magnificent. I love it when the characters are passionately interacting and stuff instead of just doing things in their own little bubbles. I also love a good right hook to the face out of nowhere. :allears:

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

Seeing a new TTA is about a hundred times more tragic now I know that Tim's going to be waking up after making it (assuming it's his masked self that makes them, and it seems like a safe assumption at this point that he at least has a part in them) going "oh gently caress it's happened again".

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

I'm pretty sure the only way I'd be interested in that movie is if it turns out everyone is dead wrong about the thing being a random Christian demon, and the culprit is actually something that took more than three minutes before deadline to come up with.

Also if they blow through the events shown in the trailer so that the meat of the movie is something we haven't been shown before even going to the cinema.

Turpentine Caz fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 28, 2012

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

Angela Christine posted:

Didn't they say it was a Pagan Deity, that the "early christians believed" did blah blah blah? So not so much a christian demon as an old boogie man that christians called a demon, because monotheistic religions call everything that isn't their god a demon.

Balls, my mistake. I just remembered them saying 'early Christians believed' and didn't watch the trailer again to double-check.

...Also EMH advancing its plot through a Minecraft map is complete news to me. :psyduck: To think that I used to know every in and out of that show sometime back before the HABIT trials. Or at least thought I did, because the backstory printouts blindsided me a bit too and I'm pretty sure I still haven't read them all.

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

:siren: NEW ENTRY! :siren:

The Tim stuff seemed like confirming suspicions rather than adding new information. I was hoping for the plot to move forward in this one and really really hoping they'd catch Hoodie or at least interact with them in some way. Hope there's something really mindblowingly awesome on that tape.

Anyone else think Hoodie's arms-out strut looked like Alex's or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Turpentine Caz fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 24, 2013

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

fullroundaction posted:

Oh yeah I forgot somehow that they appeared on screen together :slaps forehead:

I also didn't realize it had been over 2 months since the last entry. Didn't feel that long.

Welp I'm really hoping there's something juicy on that tape.

E: or it's Alex dressed as hoody to throw us off :tinfoil: '09

For what it's worth, I got the idea that Alex has masqueraded as Hoody once before, when Hoody led Jay to the tunnel with the medical records. I can't remember what my half-baked justification for that was though.

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

On the train today I decided it would be hilarious if Hoody is sometimes fugue-state Jay (from the present time) messing with Alex, and sometimes Alex trying to mislead Jay, and both of them spend the rest of their time frantically wondering who the real Hoody is.

One day they'll both be doing it at the same time, run into each other, and then one of them will have to go home in embarrassment and change clothes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

The new EMH video prompted me to finally catch up with the series (I was languishing somewhere around the Jessie video) and... huh. Huh.

It feels like everyone involved in EMH is making a completely different series. Vince is still doing a decently written and acted youtube horror series with personable protagonists (I enjoyed the one where he walked around all their interconnected houses). Evan is making some kind of slasher B-movie. Jeff is maybe making an art film. And the guy who plays Corenthal thinks he's in CSI Miami.

Meanwhile in Marble Hornets news, I'm late to the party here but the most recent entry was fantastic. It's nice to see Alex in the flesh again, and it feels like the plot progressed and everything. Plus, his birthday is coming up on April 4th, so if TTA is going to make an(other) attempt on Alex's life or something (as per the threat in Decay) we have that to look forward to :haw:

• Locked thread