Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
So the thread's up already? Dang. Before S3's even started. Guess we'll just have to sperg it up until it begins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Pope Guilty posted:

I like the idea that Alex is a psychopath and the Operator is protecting him by cleaning up his messes, but that's maybe a bit too outre.

"Goddamnit Alex stop killing people, I am so sick of cleaning up your messes. Jay doesn't pull this poo poo! He just runs around in the woods and passes out!"

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Aw man, that is pretty lame :(. It was a funny title.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Antifreeze Head posted:

Really, if Masky was a malicious presence, he would have just killed Jay outright when he was hanging around his room. Instead, he was doing Batman poses and swinging his feet like some sort of innocent child.

Masky just wants friends :(

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Docjowles posted:

Happy Birthday Shadow (Part 2) is up. It is, uh, uh, just watch it :suspense:

I get the distinct impression they read the whole thing in one take, having never seen it before. It owns.

Their reactions to it as they read it are the best parts

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
I was kinda hoping that we'd get more of an actiony intro to this season, but either way I'm stoked that there's new stuff coming.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
I maintain that Alex is Tim, and Jessica is Slendy. Ever see Slendy and Jess in the same room? And I shouldn't even need to explain the first one.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
My season 2 dvd got here, time to listen to the commentary! Is it the same as last time or did they get a little bit more professional?

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

A_Raving_Loon posted:

humanstopleavingthese
inmyhousenohumanidont
wanttheseidonthavetime
toplayshoohumandont
makemegetthesprayiwill
putyouinthearchuman

Slendernanny is sick of having to clean up all these bodies. Blood is hard to get out, you know!

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Pretty sure the new TTA video is just Tim going "teehee I totally know who you are". That playful prankster.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Man, what was the deal with the visual distortion near the door, just when he turns the flashlight on?

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

EvilRobot posted:

It would lend credence to the whole "Alex's Birthday is not doctored" theory that The Operator has been stalking Alex all his life. He just didn't notice because he can only really recall the encounters when they are filmed, and he didn't really use a video camera much until he became a film student.

I'm increasingly thinking this is the way it's going. Ties in with the sudden increase in appearances because Alex is supernaturally hosed when it comes to cameras. Just bad luck he decided to be a film student, I guess. Leaves the big questions to What Is Alex Doing, Who Is TTA and Why Is Alex Supernaturally hosed When It Comes To Cameras.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

EvilRobot posted:

Nah, it seems more like he feeds off the dead bodies Alex gives him. People do seem to get more paranoid the more they are stalked by The Operator, but emotionally they also tend to become a great deal more aggressive.

I also think there is a lot implied by the name "The Operator". Like, maybe it wasn't exactly Alex's choice to become a film student. It's been made pretty clear he didn't particularly have a natural affinity for it.

I can see Jay getting more paranoid, but not that much more aggressive? He was pretty chill even when being confronted with a gun, if anything he is substantially calmer than it makes sense to be.

Also I love the idea that Alex is cursed from birth to be a lovely director. That is a pretty mild curse if not for Slendy ruining things.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I hate to just pop in out of nowhere and then disappear back into the night but what? This isn't a thing that has ever been said.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat I can completely remember hearing that from someone. I thought it was like.... on the commentary?

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Murphys Law posted:

Right, I think this is what you guys are thinking about. SM had the crazy head wobble in that one scene in the bedroom door.

edit: This video at about 2:50 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNTmngXbLoE&feature=plcp&context=C4d7148aVDvjVQa1PpcFMsS4Rl_-ZymObD0ptiEZLjSB49_t52uXQ%3D

I'd be unbelievably surprised if that turned out to be because of a broken string, that would be an effect they went for on purpose. Gonna watch the S1 DVD with commentary again this weekend and find out, because for whatever reason I am convinced it was in there.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Liar Lyre posted:

I watched the commentary a few dozen times. You made that fact up.

Don't think I made it up, at least not me personally. Weird how something like that gets so heavily misinterpreted and then everyone just accepts it because there's no proof it isn't true. My guess is someone heard it, forgot about it and then mostly remembered it in the thread later on.

Regardless, it is a weird thing.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
It'd be amazing if the "three seasons focusing on three people" theory was right and we got to see how Tim was the catalyst that triggered all this poo poo. My theory is now more or less:
- This is all Tims fault somehow, he ran into Slendy in that building or... something.
- Tim took Alex to the building, Alex saw Slendy and went batshit
- Jay is just some poor dude who was unfortunate enough to have these two dudes as friends
Regardless, I am unbelievably keen for the next few entries, really hoping we get something a bit more concrete out of them.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Finally got to see the new entry, the audio distortion when Tim is sitting in the building actually made me jump. Also poor Tim, I felt so sorry for him when he sat there trying to keep his coughs quiet so Alex wouldn't hear him :ohdear:.

Also I'm wondering who was the face near the start of the video? Looked a hell of a lot like eyes reflecting the IR light from the camera.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

N. Senada posted:

That coughing bit is probably my favorite "realistic" horror moment from any series. How terrifying a thought to be desperately trying to hide when a cough starts up that you can't stop no matter what.

And knowing that each cough completely betrays your position and there's someone you thought was your friend closing in and it's dark and you're hurt and aaaaaaargh it was honestly nerve wracking to watch. Even though I knew Tim would live because he's in later (chronological) entries, it was still scary. Probably my favourite update this season and easily one of the best overall.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Docjowles posted:

We're nearing the end and still :iiam:

This is simultaneously my favourite and least favourite thing about this series, every answer we get feels important, but there's still a huge mystery and all these unanswered questions. I wonder if Tim's gonna keep pretending he has no idea what happened in the past with Alex or if he'll actually open up when faced with some evidence. I hope we don't get another "Jay talks with Tim for a while and then some text" update, the last one was not all that interesting.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

RickVoid posted:

No lie, I've been hoping for a "holy crap guys, that was actually unintended and we had no idea it was there." post from them.

Never know, it might turn out that they were planning to use it in a future TTA vid and Jay just didn't get out of the way fast enough.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Clarington Grey posted:

My question is, if "He's Watching", how does totheark know this, and what does he/they intend to do about it, or expect Jay to do about it?

Maybe this message wasn't meant for Jay at all. Maybe it was meant for Tim, to jog his memory and call him to action, kind of like the bat-signal? "Dude, he's watching. Get your mask."

I'm leaning towards this too, TTA is probably a little confused as to why Tim's just chilling with Jay rather than trying to fight Alex.

Edit: Tim is not trying to fight Tim, unless there's a twist none of us saw coming.

sweetroy fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 15, 2012

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Clarington Grey posted:

I'm curious about what Jay expects to find there, assuming Tim even tells him where to go. Surely, from everything he's seen, he realizes that going back there would be extremely dangerous.

This might be a ballsy move, but suppose Jay just sits down with Tim tomorrow and talks straight with him -- shows him the previous entries, Tim in the mask, Alex hunting Tim, etc. "Look, this is what I've uncovered. I'm looking for Alex. I want to know everything you know. How much do you remember?"

It's also likely that Jay is walking into a trap, but that's par for the course.

I would absolutely love it if Tim was like "Oh poo poo, I'll help you however I can, there is obviously some poo poo going down here" and helped him with zero motives.

Real guess: Tim is gonna agree to take him, Slendy will show up a few times, if we're lucky Alex is gonna show up and smack them around a bit. I really hope they do something out of the ordinary here because I will be disappointed if it plays out like this.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Yeah, I was waiting the entire time for, well, anything? Jay was unbelievably timid about asking Tim questions about his time there, hoped for even a little conversation about it :(. That said, it seems like it's setting up for a climactic next video, so hopefully that'll be good.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

InShaneee posted:

What are the odds it's nighttime when Jay decides to go check that building out again?

Literally 100%

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Pretentious Turtle posted:

It's got a low ceiling at least. I don't know why he doesn't just hang out in places that slenderman can't stand in.

I can't wait to see a video with slendy awkwardly trying to fit into the maintenance tunnels, furious that he's going to get his suit dirty.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Forte posted:

This could have been a set up for Tim to lead him to SkiMasky, but we'll see.

I have completely forgotten who I thought SkiMasky was, what's the general consensus to his/her identity?

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

systane posted:

did anyone else get the vibe that Tim just tried to kill Jay? He took him to where Alex attacked him and seemed pretty pissed off that Jay didn't check out the building

If that's true, why didn't he want Jay to go into the maintenance tunnel? And why did he want to leave instead of going in there with Jay at the end? I think Tim's just confused and upset that he can't remember things, rather than having any malicious intent. Also Jay turned his back on him god knows how many times, I think he had more than enough chances to take Jay out.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Tony Inchpractice posted:

Is that the usual symbol? When I first saw it it looked like someone has drawn the operator symbol but then someones put a big red 'no' circle over the top of it. Just my initial thought, could be completely wrong.

I think it's just an operator symbol, Tim might have put a "no operators" here symbol over it but otherwise I think that was just the one place they could have put it and they just made the most of what was already there.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Docjowles posted:

I was thinking it was the room where they saw Tim huddled under a blanket in a previous entry, but not sure.

Yeah, Jay even does a double take like "Oh poo poo, this is where Tim was in that video". Probably the best part of this one was seeing all the spots used in prior videos again, seeing the hallway where Brian got hit by Slendy freaked me out a little.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

IUG posted:

Ah good, he's thinking what we're thinking now, haha.

He doesn't have anything to lose now that Tim's all "gently caress this project", he should go ahead and do it. Should have done it halfway through last video.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Stottie Kyek posted:

No, I reckon this is how it went down.

:allears: Slendermom is just trying to make sure Tim grows up healthy, he does have a pretty nasty cough.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

RagnarokAngel posted:

Ugh, not a fan of the plot convenience as for why he couldn't follow him.
"I didn't bring a flashlight" well yeah, except it means that this entry ends up accomplishing nothing and he'll inevitably just have to come back. It's the "Let's go back to the abandoned house 3 times" all over again.

Yeah, Tim might not have bought a torch, but given what he's been doing and where he's going, it's a little surprising that Jay didn't bring one, or at least have one in his car.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Docjowles posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, start your :f5:

Oh god I hope that it happens in the next few hours, I'm at school and I'd rather use their net to grab it than mine.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Dragyn posted:

You're breaking the fourth wall, Jay! You're breaking the fourth wall!

Is this the first time he's ever spoken to the camera?

This entry actually had really decent acting with the exception of that girly punch.
Yeah, the punch was pretty terrible. Actually all the acting in this entry was pretty terrible. I loved the video for the dialogue and what it means for the story but drat, that was some atrocious acting on both their parts.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

big mean giraffe posted:

The channel has always existed in world, he's made plenty of references to uploading videos etc.

Yeah, I always assumed that the channel was intended to be a real world thing. Never really saw any evidence that it was supposed to be in series only.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Angela Christine posted:

THE ARK IS IN ASH DELI

Lead us to the ark, it is in a deli that burned down.

Wait, Jay is looking for Jessica, right?

SHE IS LAID IN THE ARK

Oh man I hope that's it, the Ark being a real thing that explains some of what's been happening here and TTA just genuinely wants Jay to take him there would be amazing.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Wow, that was an amazing entry! Slendy suddenly showing up right in Jay's god damned face was terrifying and unexpected, I literally jumped back from the screen a little. The entire time he was in the tunnels I was :ohdear:. The fact that he says I never want to go there ever again means we're gonna see it again pretty soon, I'd bet.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
The way that he seized around was genuinely disturbing, and he looked like he was being affected by some other force while he was down there. Skimasky is the loving master of hide and seek, no idea how he just disappeared and then reappeared there.

DoctorWhat posted:

The way Tim was writhing, it looked as if he was being... twisted up, maybe even stretched out. He didn't look quite there to me.

Could Slendersickness lead to... becoming like The Operator?

I'd reckon that if that was the case, the camera would be going absolutely batshit. There was some distortion, but nowhere near the levels you'd expect for something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

fullroundaction posted:

Why is no one spergin' bout the shoes skimasky was wearing? That's gotta be a clue right?

Some of you new guys pick up the slack.

I was wondering about that when I watched it actually, whether they were the same shoes that Jay was wearing when he confronted Tim. I'll watch it and report back.

Edit: Nope

• Locked thread