Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Giant alien spiders are no joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Don't take events in Zoltan nebula nodes.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Don't take the spiders, the remote base virus, or the gaze into the nebula events ever, or at least without robust blue options. Also don't take the Engi virus event if you're on Engi B and don't have any other crew. :negative:

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Spiders are fine with clone bay and that's not a blue. The others I don't know off the top of my head.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Gaze into the nebula event will say something like "wherever your crewman went, it's beyond the powers of the clone bay" Which is pretty funny now that I think about it, but was not at all funny when it happened.

The plague/quarantine event will also not let you clone bay your way out of it since A)your crewman isn't actually dead, just infected, and B)cloning them would spread the virus off planet.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Ranter posted:

Spiders are fine with clone bay and that's not a blue. The others I don't know off the top of my head.

I admit to cackling evilly the first time I met the spider event with an Anti-Bio beam installed.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I know that fighting giant alien spiders has positive expected value, so I do it sometimes when I have a full crew, but seriously, gently caress those guys.

They always kill my Engi on a ship full of Mantis.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Platystemon posted:

I know that fighting giant alien spiders has positive expected value, so I do it sometimes when I have a full crew, but seriously, gently caress those guys.

They always kill my Engi on a ship full of Mantis.

I mean, would you really expect the Mantis to be the one to fall in battle?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’ve always wondered if the high reward for using the bio‐beam is payment for a job well done or if it is tribute for strangers with a death ray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Platystemon posted:

I’ve always wondered if the high reward for using the bio‐beam is payment for a job well done or if it is tribute for strangers with a death ray.

Yes.

• Locked thread