Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
Got very close to beating that last boss. It repaired its weapons too fast though and blew me up...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011

Bedshaped posted:

I love these. Besides them there's not a lot of material to watch beyond the OnLive demo.

Can't wait to start testing this game. I pledged $25 for access. :kiddo:

Edit: Notice at 3:10 into the video the enemy ship fires his Burst Lasers at the player. He just turns on his cloak to avoid it. I don't get why the lasers would miss if they've already been targetted at the ship, unless the cloak is some type of "phase shift" :techno: thing.

Cloak bends light to produce invisibility. Laser is light. Laser bends around invisible ship.

Problem solved.

Now if a railgun missed, then you can talk about phase shifting :p

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011

Xik posted:

I'm honestly not sure. As you can see from that second screenshot I got my rear end handed to me so I didn't last long enough to damage them. I also hadn't upgraded my sensors (view inside enemy ships) and I've never bothered getting a teleporter so am not sure if you can transport inside your own ship. The teleporter upgrade is a decent chunk of scrap, plus the upgrades you will need and the power, on top of that while they are away it's less crew to repair your stuff and work your gear.

Perhaps the transporter is something to consider though. Transport my own people into those compartments to disable the weapons? But you would need to have a run where you happen to be good enough to spare the scrap for the transporter, have found lots of spare crew and be lucky to find the gear to last long enough to even get to the flagship.

Just had a run through where I got the transporter early on. 3 Mantis crew with combat mastered and a human with combat mastered by the time I reached the end, beam them in pairs into those little weapon rooms. There is an enemy in each room (to repair the weapon) but they only lasted about a second each against my invaders. Beam in, beam in the second group to another weapon as soon as the transporter recharges.

Result: Mothership gets absolutely ripped. Do note, killing a load of crew is nice, but you can't win the fight against the mothership just by killing the enemy crew.

And of course, then end up losing at the very last possible second because my ship exploded while all my crew was aboard the mothership wrecking it....

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
With a couple of engine upgrades and a crewmember manning the engines and helm, you can get a 35% evade rate pretty easily (And a 40 something % max). Combine that with a cloak and you are for all intents and purposes impossible to hit.

As for the cloaking ship, I've found it does very well with a transporter. Tranport crew onto the enemy ship, cloak as soon as they fire to dodge their shots and hopefully you will have won by the time the enemy can get a second volley in after you decloak.

• Locked thread