Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Everyone keep donating to Wasteland 2 so we get a bigger game :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

https://twitter.com/#!/JustinMcElroy/statuses/186328300069715969

"Got a press release for "EA Team Up" where you pay to "jumpstart" games that interest you. EA matches player funding. #GROSS"

dying laughing, can't breathe

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Pitched in for Portal, but I don't think they're gonna hit it :smith:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Emanuel Yam posted:

Republique just got funded with 7 hours to go. Hell of a last day.

Boo, I almost wanted to see it flop after all the drama surrounding it.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

DreadCthulhu posted:

Tell me more about these Uber guys before I put my hard-earned cash in. They talk a big talk about how much of a huge deal they are, but I'm reading that Monday Night Combat wasn't particularly good.

Monday Night Combat was a great game, but they kinda just dropped support for it (and didn't release the promised map maker) and didn't really balance it well. They also pissed off their 360 fans by not releasing half of the downloadable maps and not making SMNC for the 360, though the 360 can't support the free to play model that it utilizes.

Super Monday Night Combat is a better (though fairly different) game IMO, but they still can't really find a proper way to balance everything. I've poured a couple hundred hours into it and bought $40 in pretend dress up items, but the game in it's current state is still kind of a mess.
It was also accidentally released from beta far too early, which basically soured most newcomers, so the game rarely has more than 1000 players at any given point nowadays. I don't even know if they would have released the full game at this point if it didn't accidentally get put into the wild, as they're still making entire game modes.

Uber is a fantastic and well intentioned company and are great to their fans, they just kinda screw up a lot.

I still threw into this kickstarter because if they pull this off it can be FANTASTIC, and they have a good chunk of the old TA team.
Also if this doesn't get funded I'm pretty sure Uber will be hosed.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Project Giana is about to hit its goal, and Planetary Annihilation should hit today.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

The only time you CAN'T cancel before the kickstarter ends if if they've reached the goal AND the amount you cancel would bring them below the goal threshold.
So of the goal was $75,000 and they're at $77,000, you wouldn't be able to rescind your $5,000 donation until after they hit $80,000.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Juc66 posted:

I hope it's a Kickstarter to hire some more QA and people to fix what's found.
I love their games but the bugs, ohhhhh the bugs.

Games where they have an incredibly tight development cycle or get hosed by their publisher were buggy. The ones that weren't, like Dungeon Siege 3, were not.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Rhythm Destruction put up a demo, check it out if you like rhythm games or shooters:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rhythmdestruction/rhythm-destruction-a-rhythm-and-shoot-em-up-game-f/posts

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

The one advantage the preorder ships have is that they're permanently bound to your account, but I assume they'll be outclassed pretty easily.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Nobody give Peter Molyneux any loving money please

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Who in their right mind would give any money to that Black Isle scam?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Some ex-Harmonix/Irrational/Iron Lore dudes I know started up a kickstarter for a game they've been working on for a year called DREADLINE.

"Dreadline is a high intensity, single player*, action role playing/real time strategy mashup. You control an unlikely and eclectic group of monsters killing the doomed during historically-inspired catastrophes."

Think Freedom Force style gameplay.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eeriecanal/dreadline

I highly doubt it'll hit the goal :smith:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

A friend of mine just launched a kickstarter for a game called BLOOD ALLOY that looks like a pretty rad game in the vein of Shadow Complex:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/63518568/blood-alloy

However, I don't really see him hitting the $50k goal without some huge grassroots push, being a new IP with no other real games under his belt to show off. If he pulls it off and markets it REAL well it's possible, but at the moment it doesn't seem like it's gonna head that way.

Furthermore, with a team that big and development cycle of a year, I don't see $50k even coming CLOSE to covering any sort of living expenses, especially considering that he's living right outside Boston, so I'm kinda conflicted about the whole thing anyway.

I'd still like the game to get made because when polished up and fleshed out it sounds pretty amazing but...yeah.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Also, the River City Ransom team just announced that Disasterpeace (FEZ) will be doing the music so expect a rad as hell soundtrack if this gets funded.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/combitstudios/river-city-ransom-underground/posts/595871

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Owlchemy Labs just launched their kickstarter for Dyscourse, which looks like a neat mashup of uh...Don't Starve, State of Decay, and a choose your own adventure game.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlchemylabs/dyscourse-survivors-choose-wisely

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Dyscourse is kinda floundering, which is unfortunate because it looks super rad. Still has to get $13k within 3 days, so maybe check it out if you're interested? Looks like a neat CYOA meets Don't Starve.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlchemylabs/dyscourse-survivors-choose-wisely

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I'd be super pumped if it hit the goal, but I'm like 95% confident it's gonna stall out around $200k, unfortunately.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Zeether posted:

Methodis is probably excited about this. Shame it's never going to come to PC though because it's a Sony IP.

Well I just got this message out of the blue?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I don't know but Methodis is a very special person

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Amplitude just announced some rad artists, most of which probably got the KS community angrier since they're half well respected dudes that work on music for indie PC games :v:

Anamanaguchi (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World)
C418 (Minecraft)
Danny Baranowsky (Super Meat Boy, Canabalt)
Freezepop (FreQuency, Amplitude)
Jim Guthrie (Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP)
Kasson Crooker (FreQuency, Amplitude, Symbion Project)
George & Jonathan

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/harmonix/amplitude/posts

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Harmonix just added 1000 $35 rewards that come with the game + $20 of PSN credit.

I guess that's one way to give a little boost to your kickstarter at the expense of not actually getting that money that you have to purchase from Sony.
:shrug:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Christian Knudsen posted:

Isn't that against the guidelines?

Kickstarter will get $0 if they fail or $40000ish if they succeed. I don't think they're going to be too harsh on em.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

No, it's actually a voucher for $20 in generic PSN credit. I could go buy Transistor or something with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Huh.

Only registered members can see post attachments!