Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder how well the Icon subsystem would map to the setting I'm making that's dominated by 9 colossal quasi-immortal Beasts bound to specific regions of the world that may/may not be the creators of the world and/or the sapient races therein.

Haha I'm way too tired to post, the ideas I'm trying to convey were shredded :V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So, any update on how the final draft/printing's coming along for the Core book?

EDIT: Also came up with this character idea (that I'll never get to use) and was wondering what you nerds thought.

"•A steam-theme caster that is actually the Tsukumogami of an old tea pot. A family heirloom stolen by some petty thief. Once he awakened he was taken in by the Archmage/’s students for study but recently broke free. Now he just wants to return to his old life, helping out the family he loves. While he appears to be a normal (X race) in the light of a full moon his true form is revealed (A beautifully painted tea pot waddling around like it's Beauty and the Beast)."

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 28, 2012

RSIxidor
Jun 19, 2012

Folks who can't handle a self-reference paradox are real suckers.
http://www.pelgranepress.com/?p=9517

So, looks like work is coming along but no release until February.

Adventure will be in PDF instead of in the book so the price won't go up for release. The adventure was rewritten.

EEv6 should be coming to us soon.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked the order page. V6 is out.

EDIT PART DUEX: I'm pretty happy with the Wizard changes. Echo spells replaced with cyclic (if you use on 0 or odd, they are expended, no daily first requirement). Overworld Advantage, daily spells are 16+ recharge if you are in Overworld. You use cantrips equal to your Int mod per battle. Cantrip Mastery makes them at-will and quick action. High Arcana lost fast rituals but gained two-of-the-same-spell Memorization. They added Color Spray (HP threshold less than 10 weakens). They added a couple of utility spells. Moved Sleep to L3. Shield is a forced reroll, recharge 11+. They changed names of some spells.

RSIxidor fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 28, 2012

waderockett
Apr 22, 2012

moths posted:

Run-as-written, this adventure was the low point of the playtest (which we otherwise enjoyed). ...Please reconsider just tearing these pages out and putting more monsters in.

RSIxidor posted:

Adventure will be in PDF instead of in the book so the price won't go up for release. The adventure was rewritten.

moths, your wish was granted!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
To be fair, the re-written adventure is much, much better than it was in the previous edition. Is there a changelog somewhere I can read to see what's new in v6?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Holy crap! Christmas miracle ahoy!

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

waderockett posted:

moths, your wish was granted!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADEE :argh:

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

GOD SPEED YOU! HUNGRY MEXICAN

RSIxidor posted:

http://www.pelgranepress.com/?p=9517

So, looks like work is coming along but no release until February.

EEv6 should be coming to us soon.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked the order page. V6 is out.
Is this only available to Kickstarter people? I bought the preorder directly on Pelgrane's site and it should have been the Escalation edition, but on my Pelgrane Order I still only see the same ZIP file that's been there since October 16th.

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

Power Player posted:

Is this only available to Kickstarter people? I bought the preorder directly on Pelgrane's site and it should have been the Escalation edition, but on my Pelgrane Order I still only see the same ZIP file that's been there since October 16th.

When I checked the file had the same filename as Escalation Edition 5, but when I opened it I got version 6. I also preordered on Pelgrane's site.

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

GOD SPEED YOU! HUNGRY MEXICAN

Taran posted:

When I checked the file had the same filename as Escalation Edition 5, but when I opened it I got version 6. I also preordered on Pelgrane's site.
Ahhh, thanks.

RSIxidor
Jun 19, 2012

EVERY version has had the same file name AFAIK.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I also just got v6! I did a quick search of my inbox, and it doesn't look like there was an announcement about it.

Is the final PDF going to be printable without images / backgrounds? I'd love to print out the class section in a half-size booklet for reference. If there aren't changes, I can use the latest playtest - but it would obviously be better to use the release rules.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

I got it through the kickstarter and nothing's shown up. Is there a way to register my details on the pelgrane site to just get the regular updates or should I just wait for that version?

waderockett
Apr 22, 2012

moths posted:

I also just got v6! I did a quick search of my inbox, and it doesn't look like there was an announcement about it.

Is the final PDF going to be printable without images / backgrounds? I'd love to print out the class section in a half-size booklet for reference. If there aren't changes, I can use the latest playtest - but it would obviously be better to use the release rules.

I think the formal announcement is coming tomorrow with See Page XX. I emailed Beth and Simon with your question about printing the PDF.

Pyradox posted:

I got it through the kickstarter and nothing's shown up. Is there a way to register my details on the pelgrane site to just get the regular updates or should I just wait for that version?

I also asked Beth and Simon what backers should expect by way of an announcement/link. Have you tried following the link in the email you used in order to download the previous version of the Escalation Edition? As a pre-orderer myself, I dig my initial email out every time there's a new version of the draft. The only way to register your details on the Pelgrane site is to pre-order the game, which as a backer you probably don't want to do.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

waderockett posted:

I also asked Beth and Simon what backers should expect by way of an announcement/link. Have you tried following the link in the email you used in order to download the previous version of the Escalation Edition? As a pre-orderer myself, I dig my initial email out every time there's a new version of the draft. The only way to register your details on the Pelgrane site is to pre-order the game, which as a backer you probably don't want to do.

The way Kickstarter backers get sent links is via private messages on the website linking to downloads of specific versions - there's no one link to download from and the previous ones aren't updated.

So I guess I'll just wait for them to send a new message?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
My sorcerer player is very happy with the new toys and says a big thank you to Rob and Jon.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Rogues finally got reeled in a bit. This is a good update.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

-Fish- posted:

Meanwhile, the ranger now looks like something I'd actually want to play!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

I have a question. At the beginning of the new Blood and Lightning adventure, it suggests having the characters roll their Icon relationship dice. Does that mean they should roll for all of the Icons they have relationships with? Or does it just mean they should choose one Icon and roll for that one?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

-Fish- posted:

They weren't supposed to do so much damage? Darn, looks like I'm scaling back on the martial artist, then.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Mystic Mongol posted:

They weren't supposed to do so much damage? Darn, looks like I'm scaling back on the martial artist, then.

I guess they decided that the potential to triple-kill anything ever in a single hit was a bit much.

waderockett
Apr 22, 2012

Spincut posted:

I have a question. At the beginning of the new Blood and Lightning adventure, it suggests having the characters roll their Icon relationship dice. Does that mean they should roll for all of the Icons they have relationships with? Or does it just mean they should choose one Icon and roll for that one?

Roll all of 'em. This tells the GM which icons will be involved with the situation at Boltstrike Pillar.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

waderockett posted:

Roll all of 'em. This tells the GM which icons will be involved with the situation at Boltstrike Pillar.

Okay, thanks. I'm GMing it tonight for my usual group of 4e players. So excited!

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
Just got the best news. Myself and two friends will be recording a session with Rob GMing this Saturday!

Not 100% on when I will be loading it into the tubes of the Internet, but once I do, I will be sure to post it. I've run one session with Rob before at PAX and he's pretty amazing. Can't wait!

waderockett
Apr 22, 2012

Pyradox posted:

The way Kickstarter backers get sent links is via private messages on the website linking to downloads of specific versions - there's no one link to download from and the previous ones aren't updated.

So I guess I'll just wait for them to send a new message?

Gerald tells me that the backer email went out - unsure whether it was last night, or just now. Did you get it?

Gau posted:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADEE :argh:

Ah! I see you are enraged with joy at this news!

En Fuego posted:

Just got the best news. Myself and two friends will be recording a session with Rob GMing this Saturday!

Not 100% on when I will be loading it into the tubes of the Internet, but once I do, I will be sure to post it. I've run one session with Rob before at PAX and he's pretty amazing. Can't wait!

Yessss. I'm so happy this came together, and really look forward to the audio.

I'm running the first session of my Blackmarch campaign campaign Saturday night. Wish me luck!

RSIxidor
Jun 19, 2012

waderockett posted:

I'm running the first session of my Blackmarch campaign campaign Saturday night. Wish me luck!

I really like your description of Foothold, particularly in the third sentence.

waderockett
Apr 22, 2012

RSIxidor posted:

I really like your description of Foothold, particularly in the third sentence.

"A town with absolutely gently caress all around it"? Heh. Yeah, when I saw that a town called Foothold was located on the map right up against the Orc Lord's and Diabolist's territory, I knew I had to run a campaign there.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

waderockett posted:

Gerald tells me that the backer email went out - unsure whether it was last night, or just now. Did you get it?

Got it this morning, is there an easy changelog I can reference?

waderockett
Apr 22, 2012

Pyradox posted:

Got it this morning, is there an easy changelog I can reference?

There isn't at the moment. I'll ask if one's coming.

e. Rob replied that there is no changelog for this version, sorry.

waderockett fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Dec 2, 2012

waderockett
Apr 22, 2012

How would you handle a fast-moving, non-lethal, bare knuckles bar fight? The kind you'd see in a Western, where people get their lights punched out, chairs broken over their backs, and bottles smashed over their heads, but the next morning they're just sort of slow and achey instead of, y'know, dead.

I'd like to throw in some fun low-consequence fights now and then.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

waderockett posted:

How would you handle a fast-moving, non-lethal, bare knuckles bar fight? The kind you'd see in a Western, where people get their lights punched out, chairs broken over their backs, and bottles smashed over their heads, but the next morning they're just sort of slow and achey instead of, y'know, dead.

I'd like to throw in some fun low-consequence fights now and then.

Just make it clear to your players at the start that everything is nice and nonlethal until somebody pulls a real weapon. Everything else will flow naturally from that premise, and if you feel like making things get deadly serious at some point, all you have to do is have somebody break a bottle for a shiv, or pull a dagger or sword. At that point, almost all the barfighting ceases as everybody recognizes instinctively that poo poo Just Got Real. (There's always a couple guys who get a bit too into it and are slow to recognize.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Treat everyone involved as a Mook with their level in HP. In a brawl, it's generally accepted that you'll only takes one or two punchs. Etiquette dictates that you then play dead until there's a clear winner, after which everyone helps each other up and it's back to drinking.

I mean, obviously you could for reals fight, which would just be a normal fight, but man someone could get killed and this isn't that kind of bar.

Dionysos510
Sep 10, 2012
Any ideas as to when we'll find out which city won Paint The Town 2?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Right the hell now. It was Horizon by a whole goddamned lot.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

Dionysos510 posted:

Any ideas as to when we'll find out which city won Paint The Town 2?

Right now.

The Winner is Horizon, or is it? Because and in a shocking surprise twist:

Rob Heinsoo posted:

The winners are the Three and the Archmage.

You expected maybe Drakkenhall and Horizon? Oh yeah. Right. The cover story is that it’s a geography piece, a city map.

But what’s really going down is that we’ll be digging into the impact an icon has on a city, on echoes and ripples and highly visible consequences of the active presence of an icon and their organization.

The Three. The Archmage.

Excellent.

So that's pretty cool.

Edit: Beaten by mere seconds.

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.
Even more disappointed it was not Axis, because no potential for the Crusader. Should still be interesting though.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
I actually voted for Axis this time around because I was won over by more of the Crusader. :v:

In any case I'm looking forward to trying the new version of the Playtest this week. Even the oldest and beardiest of my gamer friends are sold on this.

Dionysos510
Sep 10, 2012
Horizon, Archmage, whatever, the weird wizardry won! Yay!

With Horizon and Drakkenhall as the Paint The Towns, I have got 2/3rds of my wish list. Now, everyone vote Santa Cora for I Hate This Town. Ignore the naysayers, it will be an awesome addition to the book.

Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

I don't think we're voting for I Hate This Town, pretty sure that's determined by the lowest of this vote. So mission accomplished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gropey C
Feb 26, 2004

Groping one generation at a time
So is there a rule about sharing our homebrew content for this? I had a guy who was pretty much deadset on playing a psionicist so I constructed one.

• Locked thread