Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

This looks like a lot of fun. I messed about with Aurora with version 491

I request to become a Planetoid Governor.

If that is unavailable, a Scientist.

Else, some sort of Civilian Administrator

Failing that. Military service in the Space Navy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Do you think we're relying too heavily on missiles?
The majority of our skunkwerks features missiles.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Because it got lost in Conference chat.

I request to become a Planetoid Governor.

If that is unavailable, a Scientist.

Else, some sort of Civilian Administrator

Failing that. Military service in the Space Navy or an Engineering Battalion

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Added Space posted:

UNCAO Recruitment Form Letter

Thank you for your interest in the UNCAO.

Currently we are only looking for applicants for positions overseeing automated mining operations. We do not see this changing for the forseeable future as there are more senior administrators for inhabited bodies. We will review this policy if further manned colonies are announced.

TO: UNCAO Recruitment
SUBJECT: Interest in all openings in UNCAO

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am keenly interested in any and all administrative positions you have available in the middle to upper planetoid management roles.
I have unbridled passion for space and ample experience in Administration and overseeing automated machinery operations. I would relish an opportunity to oversee an automated mining operation on behalf of the United Nations.

Please find my CV attached and a list of applicable references.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Not unless we both show up at Machu Pichu. :jihad:

But yeah, we've got the design we're planing on going with posted on the last page (Monitor with an SWACS for eyes and ears) so if anyone has any concerns, questions, or notices a thermal exhaust port that can be shot which will result in the ship blowing up, please don't hesitate to ask in thread or in IRC.

The government idea looks good, though I suspect that there will be much hammering out and negotiating behind the scenes to try and figure out exactly how everything is going to be represented in the colony and such, but it's a good spring board and has a lot of good meaty ideas.

code:
New York class Monitor    7,050 tons     872 Crew     765.4 BP      TCS 141  TH 200  EM 0
1418 km/s     Armour 2-32     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 3     PPV 60
Maint Life 3.09 Years     MSP 204    AFR 132%    IFR 1.8%    1YR 32    5YR 480    Max Repair 120 MSP
Magazine 450    

Nuclear Pulse Engine E10 (5)    Power 40    Fuel Use 100%    Signature 40    Armour 0    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres    Range 12.8 billion km   (104 days at full power)

Size 6 Missile Launcher (10)    Missile Size 6    Rate of Fire 180
Advance Monitror Fire Control V2 (1)     Range 96.6m km    Resolution 20
New York Missile (75)  Speed: 15,300 km/s   End: 83.3m    Range: 76.5m km   WH: 4    Size: 6    TH: 51 / 30 / 15

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes
I rekon we could shoehorn a 7HS Res 50 Active search sensor into it so it isnt completely blind when the SWACS gets shot. Will this have any sort of PDS? 12.8 bil km is enough to go to Pluto and back on one tank.
Seems a little light on Armour. Perhaps 4 layers would be better. Considering we're shooting WH4 missiles, a single return hit would breach the New York, and it cant seem to actively prevent that happening. Do we want to invest in a CIWS?
10 Missiles is a hell of a volley.
The Fire Control reaches further than the missiles, this provides some redundancy if we upgrade our missiles before the ship. What speed have we observed the Federation gunboats moving at. What sort of % to hit are we expecting?
The AFR lists we will have at least one thing break on these each year. So we will be consuming Maintenance supplies each year of operation. Should be ok if we berth twice a year.

Overall, I rekon we could bump it up to 8,000 tons, add an active sensor, 2 layers of armor and another engine.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

berryjon posted:

Show me a design, please.

Sure, let me just draft it up when I get home.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Nevermind then, the New'ark Shipwright has answered my questions.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

berryjon posted:

TO: ADDED SPACE, et al
RE: Those ships.

Once the shipyard is big enough! Then we'll build them!

You're gonna need a bigger shipyard.

Proposed Flagship.
Please if anything doesnt make sense, its probably because I'm running 6.21 instead of 5.xx

quote:

Firestarter class Flagship 33 350 tons 735 Crew 5516.6 BP TCS 667 TH 2100 EM 300
4197 km/s Armour 6-92 Shields 10-400 Sensors 160/1/0/0 Damage Control Rating 20 PPV 121.64
Maint Life 1.01 Years MSP 1034 AFR 889% IFR 12.4% 1YR 1014 5YR 15204 Max Repair 480 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 24 months Spare Berths 1
Flag Bridge Magazine 442

Rolls Royce-Boeing 80EP Magneto-plasma Drive (Milspec) (35) Power 80 Fuel Use 66.5% Signature 60 Exp 10%
Fuel Capacity 4 250 000 Litres Range 34.5 billion km (95 days at full power)
Alstom "Bulwark" Gamma R400/336 Shields (5) Total Fuel Cost 70 Litres per hour (1 680 per day)

4x Twin "Lance" 20cm C3 Ultraviolet Laser Turret (4x2) Range 128 000km TS: 12000 km/s Power 20-6 RM 4 ROF 20 10 10 10 10 8 6 5 5 4 4
Hewlett Packard "Broadside" Laser Fire Control S16 64-12000 H70 (2) Max Range: 128 000 km TS: 12000 km/s 92 84 77 69 61 53 45 37 30 22
Alstom Small Stellarator Fusion Reactor 0.5HS P3 (2) Total Power Output 6 Armour 0 Exp 5%
Alstom Large Stellarator Fusion Reactor HS3 P18 (1) Total Power Output 18 Armour 0 Exp 5%

"Hellbolt 10" Missile Tube (4) Missile Size 10 Rate of Fire 100
"Bully" Fighter Missile Fire Control FC12-R40 (1) Range 12.8m km Resolution 40
"Hellfire" Missile Director (1) Range 485.7m km Resolution 160
Hellbolt-10 Anti-ship Missile (44) Speed: 20 000 km/s End: 216.8m Range: 260.2m km WH: 10 Size: 10 TH: 133/80/40

Honeywell UN/SGS-6 "Wagtail" Missile Warning Radar (1) GPS 16 Range 1.3m km Resolution 1
Honeywell "Bugeye" UN/SGY Super Active Probe (1) GPS 48000 Range 384.0m km Resolution 100
Honeywell "Hoteye" UN/TH20-160 Heat Sensor (1) Sensitivity 160 Detect Sig Strength 1000: 160m km

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

=========

So what is the decision. Are we funding Cornucopia or not?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Well im excited and want to join the thread.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Alchenar posted:

I have no idea what the endgame here is.

Weren't we chasing project ZEUS?
As such, shouldnt we be investing nominally in offworld colonies but focusing on establishing our own, some nice Goldilocks planet through a wormhole? We're two months away from launching our first jump drive ship to explore the rabbit hole.

Can we delay the Cornucopia decision till after we jump through?

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 28, 2013

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Perhaps we need a real intelligence team to report in.

Coolguye posted:

Nah, I'm just giving you grief about wanting to go to Cornucopia - I'm pretty convinced that's a waste of time. :v:

You guys being on Mars is definitely where it's at, at least for the moment.

Whats happening on Mars right now? Did Fred make us abandon it?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

While i'd normally jump at a chance to RP, im not at all interested in the material. And we have enough distractions already.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Considering the Hauge and Ottowa convention prohibit the use of indiscriminate land mines. I believe we should invest research into intelligent sensor based smart space mines.

Long term bouys stationed near jovians or planets of UN exclusivity, mounting multiple missiles, that will fire upon hostile ships that approach.
IFF will allow civilian ships to pass but protect our space while not tying up our limited naval resources.
With adequate notice, the Federation will be warned to steer clear lest automated defences strike them. Judicious application of minefields will allow for a high degree of security while being low maintainance.

and will offer great oppertunities for deniable strikes or avenues to escalate if Fred blunders into one to 'test the waters'. We claim we were defending our territory.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Volmarias posted:

They're actually not all that low maintenance, since the batteries only last for a year or so. We'd constantly have to maintain our minefields.
Forgive me. I'm a little ahead of my time.

I'm running a 6.21 game and there are big changes, especially to the missile design system. Basically minefields can last forever in v6.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

bgreman can you updates the op to indicate which updates have significant events, like the Battle for Mars and Mumbai '33? So its easier to go back and reference them?

---------
To: UN conference delegates.
Re: BFM and our part to play.

Seems the BFM has a fat wad of cash to throw at their dubious colony problem. And every man and his dog is firehosing money at this. Do we want to out do them and hose more money into this pit?

I'm sure we could ramp up our involvement in this colony should it become significant. For now, this junior administrator advises a nominal investment in this project and a refocusing on our own UN controlled interests and projects.
Stick a finger in the pie, dont punch it. Because it'll just be messy.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Readingaccount posted:

2. Aliens belong under the boot-heel of humanity, whether as vassals, pets, toys or to be exterminated, regardless of their strength. If they're stronger than us we should seek truce (and if necessary even diplomatic agreements) until they can be attacked.

:ughh:

So much science to learn.. and just... ugh.

bgreman posted:

To clarify, "planetoid governor" is the same as "civilian administrator," and there is a queue for it. The only type with a free slot right now is the UN Interplanetary Navy; the rest have queues.
Then sign me on for Scientist. For now, I'll just be a junior administrator going through university.
Blab on all aspects of policy. we all seem to be doing it.

Edit: Actually, do all our engineering battalions have goon officers?

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 30, 2013

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

TildeATH posted:

TO: Conference Participants
SUBJECT: The Growing Consensus

It is my sincere hope that as Cornucopia becomes more and more of a reality, that it will help to calm the tensions between the two great powers. Remember, as the dusty but still unbroken Brethren colonists make their way from the debacle of Mars to their new home, wherever it may be, that they are owed your respect and your support in their new lives. To that end, I think we can all agree that regardless of whatever concern there may be regarding the dramatic claims made by some Federation junior legal administrators, the investment in this new colony by such spirited people will benefit not only Cornucopia, but Mars. Let us let bygones be bygones and take this moment to allow the Federation and BFM to forgive the trespasses of each other and look forward to a new and more peaceful future that benefits us all.

TO: Grand Hostess TildeATH
SUBJECT: Re: The Growing Consensus

Poppycock, its becoming apparent its a money pit and nothing more. A dive for terrorists and lowlife corporations wanting to escape the oversight of rational governance.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

TildeATH posted:

That may be, but the purpose of that particular little speech was to give the Federation the hint that $2.5bn is a good price to pay to have a bunch of rebels vacate Mars.

And we'll have them turn up a year later as asteroid belt pirates in corporate barges? No thank you. The UN freed Tibet, the UN freed Taiwan and it will drat well free the poo poo out of Mars.

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 30, 2013

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

TildeATH posted:

You chickenhawk imperialists are all the same. It's amazing the kind of rhetoric that gets passed around in your gentlemen's clubs and smoke-filled backrooms, and yet whenever a UN mouthpiece gets in front of an audience, they're all about "freedom" and "prosperity".

I can't wait to see how your next round of freedomering works out.

FROM: Jnr Admin Kommando - UN Dept of Freedom and Munitions.
TO: Grand Hostess TildeATH
SUBJECT: Re: Re: Re: The Growing Consensus

It is my sincerest hope that the UN doesnt waste resources on this spinning chunk of rock. Either as venture capital, infrastructure, technology, or as munitions, personnel and naval time when the whole place becomes a Pirate haven.

-----------------

TO: UNCAO, UNFRAD
SUBJECT: Re: Grand Hostess TildeATH

It is my sincerest concern that TildeATH is possibly a plant by the Brotherhood of Free Mars.

Whos side is she on? UN? BFM? or is she jonesing for administration of Cornucopia?

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 04:11 on May 30, 2013

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Volmarias posted:

How's that one working out for us so far?

Currently on hold as the powers that be talk about how much resources to sink into a pirate private housing development in the asteroid belt.

Coolguye posted:

I don't think it's possible to sum up who Tilde is, or what side she's on. Not coherently, anyway.

Worrying.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

gently caress. If you need me, i'll be at my desk.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I vote for assistance in the form of money up to €1.25b, industrial assets (the unused mine & automines, 1000 infrastructure, a commercial spaceport) and colonists.

This may be a farce, and a bad idea, but we need to be seen as the good guys. I would also encourage less money if possible.

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 31, 2013

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Jimmy4400nav posted:

I Second This we can hammer out some of the details, but I would like to support this initiative with something. In addition, like I said, I've been flying around meeting with various heads of the electronics manufacturing and service industry to wrangle up support for starting an industry on Pallas (just to confirm, we are donating that right)?

I don't want to sound like an rear end, but only Councilors vote. However that's a relatively decent investment on our part for the colony, except for the infrastructure portion since that's quite a lot of the stuff. Still for assets that's a good idea I can get behind (though we cannot transport spaceports if I recall correctly).

I also agree, good guy points are always good.

Just a suggestion. The infrastructure may seem considerable and can be scaled back but this is building homes, power and sewerage for our colonists. Since we have one of the larger populations who will likely want the opportunity to move there I see it as giving our migrating citizens good houses and running water instead of shanties and squat toilets.
Spaceport allows for trade, allowing us to receive the industry and toil of this colony, if it cant be transported, well poo poo.
Money because we can afford it and look good while being reserved.

Sigh. I feel like an rear end for not getting in on the ground floor of this. I always miss the start of awesome LPs.

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 1, 2013

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

UN re: Cornucopia votes:

• UNFRaD disapproves the donation of 2 Pallas, defers to the UNSA on technology, approves of money, disapproves of infrastructure

• UNCAO approves the donation of 2 Pallas, defers to the UNSA on technology, approves of money, disapproves of infrastructure

• UNDOT votes yes to giving them 2 Pallas. No on tech, money and infrastructure.

• UNRA votes yes for the sale of 2 Pallas. Yes on the sale of 7 of the 9 mining complexes from Titan to CONSOL (Infrastructure). Defers to UNSA on tech. Implied no on money.

• UNIN votes no on all.

• UNIEB votes Yes for giving Pallas, Defers for the technology (though our corps would like some of the base techs), and no for everything else (we already have our private interests assuming the risk, no need for us to tie up any actual UN assets)

• UNSA votes to allow the transfer of Pallas, money and basic techs. No to allowing the transfer of TNE installations.

Tally:
code:
2 Pallas:       5 yes, 2 no
Tech:           5 yes, 2 no
Money:          3 yes, 4 no
Infrastructure: 1 yes, 6 no.
Motions Passed:
[*]Offer of 2 Pallas for the site of Cornucopia
[*]Offer of basic technologies: Allowable: GeoSurvey sensors, Active Sensors 10, Beam fire control 10K, EM sensitivity 5.

Motions Defeated:
[*] Offer of monetary investment
[*] Offer of TNE infrastructure and facilities.

--==Separate issue==--

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Selling mines to CONSOL should be alright though.
UNIEB and UNRA agree to sell some Titan mines to CONSOL.

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jun 2, 2013

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

TildeATH posted:

One of the best things about this thread is that, instead of asking, you should simply write up how it happened. I'm sure that, unless you spend too much ink on the LDP's treatment of gendered sapients, that BGreman will support it.

Edited to add: I hope Jimmy isn't waiting for too much feedback before he finally posts his speech.

Waiting on the UNSA to provide a ruling on tech sharing.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

UN re: Cornucopia votes:

Tally:
code:
2 Pallas:       5 yes, 2 no
Tech:           5 yes, 2 no
Money:          3 yes, 4 no
Infrastructure: 1 yes, 6 no.
Motions Passed:
  • Offer of 2 Pallas for the site of Cornucopia
  • Offer of basic technologies: Allowable: GeoSurvey sensors, Active Sensors 10, Beam fire control 10K, EM sensitivity 5.
Motions Defeated:
  • Offer of monetary investment
  • Offer of TNE infrastructure and facilities.

Votes:

• UNFRaD disapproves the donation of 2 Pallas, defers to the UNSA on technology, approves of money, disapproves of infrastructure

• UNCAO approves the donation of 2 Pallas, defers to the UNSA on technology, approves of money, disapproves of infrastructure

• UNDOT votes yes to giving them 2 Pallas. No on tech, money and infrastructure.

• UNRA votes yes for the sale of 2 Pallas. Yes on the sale of 7 of the 9 mining complexes from Titan to CONSOL (Infrastructure). Defers to UNSA on tech. Implied no on money.

• UNIN votes no on all.

• UNIEB votes Yes for giving Pallas, Defers for the technology (though our corps would like some of the base techs), and no for everything else (we already have our private interests assuming the risk, no need for us to tie up any actual UN assets)

• UNSA votes to allow the transfer of Pallas, money and basic techs ( Allowable: GeoSurvey sensors, Active Sensors 10, Beam fire control 10K, EM sensitivity 5). No to allowing the transfer of TNE installations.

--==Separate issue==--

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Selling mines to CONSOL should be alright though.
UNIEB and UNRA agree to sell some Titan mines to CONSOL.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I didnt start the vote, i just started tallying them once people made up their minds. Addedspace started the ball rolling.
I was just keeping track, jnr admin work.

I think the thread did exactly what it needed to, discuss the issues, and when people made up their minds they laid it down.

Dont force votes before our councillors have talked themselves hoarse.
And not everything needs to be run by committee. This was a fairly important issue and i think we handled it exactly as a huge unweildy supranational entity would, slowly, with lots of backpedeling and compromises.

When under attack the UNIN doesnt need to ask UNDOT or UNRA to fire back.
We can probably expect Jimmy4400nav's speech tomorrow morning.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I'm hungry to see the fallout from this.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

TildeATH posted:

Machu Picchu, Midnight.

A heavily pregnant woman sat in the ersatz penthouse suite overlooking the light snowfall on the Andes, her face lit up by the projected screen where a juanty UIA collated and highlighted the results of the conference. In her hand was a paper detailing the other promises and expected contributions--secret and deniable--written in the green-grey graphite that was so popular among the Venezuelan literati. She looked through some sketches and compared them to the demographic analysis of candidate applications for government and military positions, and then she began to chuckle. BFM schematics and dossiers cross-compared with the technologies and biographies of bright young estudentes and disaffected functionaries. The preliminary budget and contracts displayed, along with the necessary bribes and appointments to move construction forward, with shipping rates and estimated fleet development, and the chuckle turned into a laugh. Population projections and actuarial flows confirmed and heightened the expected transport and diffusion of people and infrastructure. As each of these components found life in a procedurally generated likely colony, her laughter grew in volume. It was deep and sonorous, and it echoed off the expensive mahogany walls and it grew in strength as she examined the remaining files, both digital and hard-won hard copies.

By the time Vasu came rushing to the room to find the source of the maniacal laughter, the projected display showed in intricate detail the final layout for the first city on 2 Pallas, so clearly designed for one purpose. "Administrator?!"

She held up her hand, and he corrected himself.

"First Principle, are you alright?"

She turned to look at her lieutenant, and the light of the display cast dark shadows across her face. "I modified the constitution, only slightly. It is Grand Principle, now. I think that has a more substantial ring to it, don't you?"

And then she began to laugh again, and the sound was swallowed up by the darkness of the Andes.

:golfclap: well done ms villain, you fooled them all.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

To: United Nations Mailing List
Re: IAU Asteroid #22 Naming

A memo came across my desk today commending the actions of SGT Rico Materna. During the recovery of the Belnar ruins the detonation of a BFM bomb collapsed a section of a facility that was undergoing reactivation. This incident killed neumerous people as the facility caved in after the blast.
Immediately after the blast, SGT Rico Materna of the engineering brigade selflessly shielded a reactivation power workstation using the excavator he was manning at the time. Raising the bucket and arm over the workstation his actions avoided fourteen scientist and servicemens deaths when the roof fell in upon that section. SGT Rico was crushed.

Attached is a petition by the engineering brigade to have Asteroid 22 renamed Rico in honour of this young Sergeants actions.
I forward it for your consideration.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Jimmy4400nav posted:

I support this as well.

Kommndo, were you by any chance inspired by this song?

Nope, but thats cool.
I always wanted a dog named Rico. And Materna is an ex-gf's name.

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 7, 2013

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Lol. Tilde, we gave you all an uninhabitable useless rock.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Added Space posted:

Obviously we'd want to disable any active components to render them safe for display. Can't have a starship engine turning on in the middle of a museum. In game terms, scrap them for a bit of Gallacite and money and then fluff that we put them on display.

Can we disassemble one of them and see if we learn anything about how the Belnar conducted pre TN spaceflight? If we learn nothing, then donate them?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

bgreman posted:

The UN has four terraformers ("idling": one is being "used" for the Sahara Regreening Initiative) on Earth, two on Tranquility, and one on Callisto (operating at 43% efficiency due to worker shortages).

Pallas has been edited to have a surface gravity of 0.1g, and its base temperature will definitely let it become completely terraformed. Eventually. Right now it has a rather high colony cost.

Didnt we just vote against offering infrastructure like terrafomers and such.

We have them for our own uses. We invested resources in building them, we shouldnt be giving them away. We were already entering into a trade agreement with Courni.
Neutral colonies can build their own.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Added Space posted:

Could the UNDOT move three of these terraformers to Tranquility post-haste please? Use a civilian contract if you want, it shouldn't take long.

Two are on tranquillity already, one is operating on Callisto, and one is converting the sahara desert.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

But then Tilde just has to ask nicely and the UN falls to their knees to kiss her feet.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Coolguye posted:

Saying stupid and untrue things is not adding content so you might want to try that post again.
To: Admin Coolguye
CC: UN Civ Admin Maillist
Re: Lead astray

Ok, lets try this again.
Certain UN advisors seem to enjoy sucking a whole lot of ex-UN Administrators butthole. For no gain but hollow promises.
I am against UN material loss, and the squandering of resources, all on the sweet words of traitor come 'independant'.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Coolguye posted:

Also, tangential note, it's worth noting that even if we work out happy agreements with Fred over a theoretical jump gate, any theoretical hostile aliens would probably not give too much of a gently caress about working out agreements with us before appropriating the gate for an invasion fleet. What I'm saying is we should probably be extremely loving sure that there's no threat in another system before providing an expressway back to Sol, and we should be extremely loving aware of what other expressways could potentially open a pathway to Sol.
Running the numbers on the refined TNE Drake equation, with the assistance of my PhD buddies, the chances of us finding a habitable system through any wormhole is infinitesimally small, and the chances of finding an alien civilisation is even smaller on top of that. Wormhole physics has only come around with the rise of TNE science, esp the application of Uridium on gravitation waves. As we have seen with the exploration of the solar system, few bodies have the requisite TNEs to allow for proper spaceflight, and are habitable enough for a sapient species to arise, and have the right elements to allow for theorisation and exploration of wormholes. The numbers are so tiny that my study group predicts that for the forseeable future of humanity, we will be alone, with the Eurasian Federation keeping us company across the stars.

This however is subject to change with actual exploration of a wormhole.

I hate to be metagamey, but the game setup was a thousand systems and a 1% chance of generating an NPR. We will probably have to venture 50 systems out before we even stumble across wrecked alien ships.

In all likeliness, we wont see aliens for a drat long time. The Eurasian Federation will be our primary aggressor for the next two IRL years.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Jimmy4400nav posted:

code:
Monitor Fire Control Active Sensor Strength: 120   Sensitivity Modifier: 60%
Sensor Size: 10 HS    Sensor HTK: 1
Resolution: 20    Maximum Range vs 1000 ton object (or larger): 96,570,000 km
Range vs 1000 ton object: 96,570,000 km
Range vs 250 ton object: 6,035,625 km
Chance of destruction by electronic damage: 100%
Cost: 120    Crew: 50
Materials Required: 30x Duranium  90x Uridium

Development Cost for Project: 1200RP

The range of the new missiles is 70m kms. The range on the fire control is 96.6m kms.
This is a waste. The Monitor FCS v2 can probably be 1 to 2 HS smaller to make it more in line with our missiles. Unless this is for futureproofing the fleet where we will have 90m km range missiles of Size 6 or less it is unnecessarily large and a tax on the engines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Yeah Marcus. V6 changed so much. It's incomparable. You might have to ask nicely to get a v 5.2 game just so you can design stuff.

• Locked thread