Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Emetic Hustler posted:

Solar Fields is a producer from Sweden who makes nice ambient/psybient and is a labelmate of Carbon Based Lifeforms (among other similar artist such as Aes Dana and H.U.V.A. Network) on Ultimae Records, so if you haven't checked out that label and you like this sort of stuff then what are you waiting for!

I've been into ambient/chillout for basically as long as I can remember, but Solar Fields really struck a whole new chord in me. I'd bet that much like 90% of the population I discovered him when he did the Mirror's Edge soundtrack.

While I don't think all his tracks are great (in fact, of his entire discography I would say that only a handful have double or triple-digit plays in iTunes), the ones that work REALLY loving WORK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knjJ2hOOvIk

I can stick this on repeat and quite literally play it all day.

This remix just soars over the original, but that's not to say the original track is bad. This kind of spacey-drifty-"feel like I'm floating on a cloud of nothing" music is the stuff I could listen to for the rest of my life.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jun 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU