Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valithan
Mar 2, 2003
Started up an SK alt and man I forgot how harsh the hybrid penalty was; I'm afraid of when I get into my 30's and how slow it's gonna get. If one were to duo with a shaman, what classes would you recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feedbacker
Nov 20, 2004

Monk/Shaman is arguably the best duo for Kunark-Velious EQ. SK/Shaman is also very good. Enchanter/Shaman at higher levels, when charm is more effective. Necro/Shaman works well. Shamans can duo to some degree of success with just about every class, but those are probably the best choices.

Feedbacker fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 15, 2012

EssEssEssErr
Jul 14, 2007

W: "What're you rebelling against, Johnny?"
M: "What've you got?"

Valithan posted:

Started up an SK alt and man I forgot how harsh the hybrid penalty was; I'm afraid of when I get into my 30's and how slow it's gonna get. If one were to duo with a shaman, what classes would you recommend?

My iksar SK main was almost unbearably horribly slow at the 30 hell level. My god. Got him to 31 then rolled a hum rng. Still slow xp, but for me a little more fun.

edit: 68% xp penalty, baby.

Valithan
Mar 2, 2003
If anyone has any SK gear they're willing to sell (Darkforge esque stuff... I have about 3k to spend) let me know or send me a tell in game, I've had no luck finding any in EC.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
In light of all these new people I see popping up, I'm trying to catalog the types of stuff I have to give away. It's not great but someone might appreciate some of it. Here's a list:

Spiked Goblin rings
Rings of the stonechanter
Drogan obsidian daggers (good low level warrior agro weapon)
Sainy's singing dagger
Black tome with silver runes
Mantle of mirth
Goblin backstabber
Gilded cloth
Wu's wrist
bracer of vajeen
Adamantite bo staff
Bamboo bo stick x2
Burynai legion gi
Rukgus' sticker
Fire/water crystal staff
Essence of Dol
Crested mistmoore shield
Shield of kurn
Mask of eight eyes
Blade of the earthcaller
Mountain death belt
Hollow bone shank

Can him me up in game on Spudsy if you want any of this stuff, it's (mostly) in EC.

Spudsly fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Apr 16, 2012

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
So, VD is folding and a lot of folks are going to BDA. With another 20-30 bodies to throw around this will likely make BDA a solid #2 with the potential to compete on any mob they commit to. I'm hoping this doesn't reignite the standard top 2 raid guild hostility BS that's been so problematic on this server but I know better than to hold my breath.

I'm personally holding off on joining a new guild at the moment as RL poo poo has me way too busy, but good luck to all the goons in BDA and the VD goons who will be joining them. In the mean time, I'll be more available than usual to help out with random stuff so don't shy about shooting me tells for ports or whatever if I'm online.

nakedfresh01
Jun 8, 2004
Anyone have a Kedge Robe MQ for sale? Last piece I need to finish Ragebringer, hit me up in game as Swank if you can help a goon out!

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I hooked up another goon with the one I didn't end up needing on my own rogue, so I can't help you directly. However, if you want help dropping the Coercer in Kith or with Phinny, let me know. I can take down the Coercer with a cleric no problem and if she has the Kedge Robe she'll be wearing it.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
You may have just PM'd me on the p1999 boards, but I got one you can have.

EssEssEssErr
Jul 14, 2007

Buying a complete ROG epic MQ. PM me here or /tell Vintersorg.

Son of Emhak
Sep 11, 2005

We say there's no parting for us, if our hearts are conveyed to each other.

corpsed posted:

Hah I saw you in Highkeep the other day.

EssEssEssErr
Jul 14, 2007

A.S.H. posted:

Hah I saw you in Highkeep the other day.

Who're ya?

nakedfresh01
Jun 8, 2004
Thanks, Spuds!

EssEssEssErr
Jul 14, 2007

edit: Poof.

EssEssEssErr fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 3, 2012

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I just checked the p99 site and saw there was a little drama with a former gm named Secrets.

Anyone have a pic of this gal?

I'm haven't bothered playing since summer last year, but I like to follow the community stupidity.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

corpsed posted:

I'm not sure if hes still doing it or not, but Sernity of Divinity was selling a bunch of full MQ's a few weeks back.

cenzo
Dec 5, 2003

'roux mad?

moolchaba posted:

I just checked the p99 site and saw there was a little drama with a former gm named Secrets.

Anyone have a pic of this gal?

I'm haven't bothered playing since summer last year, but I like to follow the community stupidity.

The RL Pic Thread on the p1999 forums has a few pictures of Secrets.

EssEssEssErr
Jul 14, 2007

Prophecy120 posted:

I'm not sure if hes still doing it or not, but Sernity of Divinity was selling a bunch of full MQ's a few weeks back.

Thanks, man. Will check.

EssEssEssErr
Jul 14, 2007

SELLING
Tolan's Darkwood Breastplate: SOLD
Mithril Vambraces: 2750pp
Tolan's Darkwood Gauntlets: 350pp

EssEssEssErr fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 3, 2012

Cosmos
Jan 8, 2006

All that is or was or ever will be
I have a necro named Gaxx that's level 35 or so that I haven't played in over a year that I think is still in Invalid Guild. Hopefully my account still works cause I'm ready to jump back in.

If anyone in Invalid Guild is still playing hopefully I'll be on soon!

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
Is there anyone online right now that could help me with a small transfer? Can send a tell to Spudsy, Spudsly or Hamburgers... I'll be on one of them.

Cosmos
Jan 8, 2006

All that is or was or ever will be
Just logged back on and died within 5 minutes. Turns out I'm level 32 (now 31). I was soloing treants in SK when I last left off but that was pre-kunark. Any advice on a good solo spot (or group) for a 31 Necro?

Also does anyone from Invalid Guild even play anymore?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I would personally go solo unrest basement and snag MM castle entrance groups when they're available. You could also go to OT if you prefer open outdoorsy zones. I'm not sure what other zones have mid 30s groups running at the moment.

I've done a few IG invites in the last month but I don't see people on much. If you're looking for a guild to hang with while leveling up I know there are some goons in <The Feel>.

Keanex
Sep 14, 2005
Nobody wants Keanex in a can.
On as a druid named Chetwick. I'm only level 5 right now, I'll try to get a guild invite when I bumble my way out of rivervale.

rsjr
Nov 2, 2002

yay for protoss being so simple that retards can win with it
Glad to see this server is still alive. I haven't logged in in months! I'm done with this game I think, and I want to get rid of all my platinum:

If you want to purchase platinum here are my prices:

2.5 USD per 1,000
2 USD per 1,000 for any order above 100,000.

I think these prices are very reasonable after doing a quick check to see what the current folks are selling for. I troll these threads a bit for laughs but have never had any issue with the goons who have purchased from me. I'll edit this post if I ever run out of platinum.

You can contact me on AIM at rsjrx.

Chestered Drawers
Jan 19, 2006
I've made the switch from dead red99 to the blue server, grouping is horrible there and soloing an enchanter is horrendous. I'm playing as Zizs the level 3 Half Elf Bard, I'm in the EC area right now hunting the low level mobs, Spud has already been kind enough to give me some weapons and a bit of gear, if anyone has some spare junk they care to put to use or some buffs please send it my way and I'll pass the favor on later down the road. I'm on most evenings 4-11pm PST.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I have an evening playtime as well, look up Swashy, i have Loam Encrusted boots, and a few other trinkets i can throw at you in the bank I think.

Chestered Drawers
Jan 19, 2006

iNteg posted:

I have an evening playtime as well, look up Swashy, i have Loam Encrusted boots, and a few other trinkets i can throw at you in the bank I think.

Will do thanks! I'll be playing tonight and this weekend, I'll keep an eye out for you.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I logged in Sirduh this weekend and soloed for a bit. (Don't ask why. I don't know why... I mean gaaahhhhh this game.)

I wish I could find some more solo spots for my level 55 SK. I used to solo those geminoid things during Velious, but it was slim pickings for outdoor solo spots for me.

Other than Burning Woods (lots of light blue cons) and Skyfire (things turn ugly fast and mobs have hella hp), I can't think of any other decent spots. Any ideas? I just need room to fear/kite.

And anyone with "you need to group" answers can go gently caress themselves. Thanks.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

moolchaba posted:

I logged in Sirduh this weekend and soloed for a bit. (Don't ask why. I don't know why... I mean gaaahhhhh this game.)

I wish I could find some more solo spots for my level 55 SK. I used to solo those geminoid things during Velious, but it was slim pickings for outdoor solo spots for me.

Other than Burning Woods (lots of light blue cons) and Skyfire (things turn ugly fast and mobs have hella hp), I can't think of any other decent spots. Any ideas? I just need room to fear/kite.

And anyone with "you need to group" answers can go gently caress themselves. Thanks.

I feel like the ghosty sarnaks by Emerald Jungle // Trak Teeth Zoneline were what I did? Or giant fort in BW.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I've never seen people do it on here, but I had a good SK friend on live who would re-max 60 from raid XP loss doing solo fear-kiting in the wolf/spider/bear pits in Perma. I'm not sure how the pathing is down there on P99, but it should be awesome XP if you can pull it off. If not, should be a lot of awesomely inaccessible Sirduh corpses.

In other words, sounds like a win/win!

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I've never seen people do it on here, but I had a good SK friend on live who would re-max 60 from raid XP loss doing solo fear-kiting in the wolf/spider/bear pits in Perma. I'm not sure how the pathing is down there on P99, but it should be awesome XP if you can pull it off. If not, should be a lot of awesomely inaccessible Sirduh corpses.

In other words, sounds like a win/win!

I never got my prickly pear for the level 50 quest, hmm.

/corpse

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I have to go through those ice giants and those fuckers are see invis (also hit for 128). How far past those is it to the spiders, wolves, and bears?

I got past a few giants and decided to give up and play another game. It's so loving lonely in that zone.

a_young_doctor
Aug 11, 2007

this is africa
I also have a good amount of platinum for sale on Project1999, shoot me a PM or AIM me at MrVerlie

Zombones
Oct 17, 2004
Would anyone be interested in Diablo 3 gold for platinum? Is this allowed? Because I hate Diablo.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
It's just as not allowed according to P1999 rules as the people selling plat for :10bux: so caveat emptor. These kind of transactions have been traditionally discouraged on SA as well but the mods haven't weighed in on any of this yet.

In other news, I started a new SK so that I can do all the crazy BFG related things that I want to do in Velious. If anyone wants to group up, shoot me a tell on Berak. I'm level 11 at the moment and probably heading to Unrest soon.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

aparmenideanmonad posted:

In other news, I started a new SK so that I can do all the crazy BFG related things that I want to do in Velious. If anyone wants to group up, shoot me a tell on Berak. I'm level 11 at the moment and probably heading to Unrest soon.

Please tell me you're rolling with an iksar.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I went troll because I had lots of random gear I could take off other characters for a troll but not an Iksar. Also the googly purple eyed troll is my 2nd favorite character model in classic and I have an iksar already!

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Not going Ogre on an SK is a huge mistake. Stun immunity is very very good for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm aware of frontal stun immunity and don't really care. This isn't a character for serious, I've got a mix/maxed 60 iksar monk already.

• Locked thread