Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feedbacker
Nov 20, 2004

Monk/Shaman is arguably the best duo for Kunark-Velious EQ. SK/Shaman is also very good. Enchanter/Shaman at higher levels, when charm is more effective. Necro/Shaman works well. Shamans can duo to some degree of success with just about every class, but those are probably the best choices.

Feedbacker fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feedbacker
Nov 20, 2004

hayden. posted:

What do you guys think would bring you back to play? I gave my accounts and poo poo away so I'm probably done unless they decided to increase experience 10x and the drop rate of rare items 10x.

The following changes would go a long way towards making the server a lot more fun to play on while preserving what was actually important about the "classic" experience. Obviously, this is just a thought experiment. None of these changes would ever be implemented by the people running the server, who can't see the forest for the trees.

Encourage grouping over soloing by giving groups an experience bonus that increases with each additional member.

Encourage the use of dungeons by giving them a massive experience bonus relative to outdoor zones.

Increase the base experience rate. This probably wouldn't need too much of a boost if grouping and dungeon crawling are sufficiently rewarded.

Get rid of class experience penalties.

Increase the drop rates of rare items. Double, maybe? This would take some tuning.

Introduce some kind of platinum sink at higher levels to curb inflation.

Feedbacker fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 20, 2012

Feedbacker
Nov 20, 2004

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Looking for some advice on how to twink a ranger on an 8k budget.

Right now, I'm wearing banded with a PGT, so obviously there's room for improvement.

To my advantage, I can potentially move a Cloak of Flames and Fungi Tunic onto him if necessary, but I'd like to know what other options are available since I hate transferring gear between toons (they're all scattered throughout Norrath).

Buy one of those nice, cheap ranger-only 2H weapons like Swarmcaller, Silver Swiftblade, Springwood Stave, or Nature's Wrath. Looks like all of those run less than 500, according to wiki prices.

Feedbacker
Nov 20, 2004

I thought they didn't proc until 37.

Feedbacker
Nov 20, 2004

iNteg posted:

They don't, so they're an okay weapon to use. After that you won't wanna use them because you'll be pulling agro off tanks :p

Yeah, they'd be ok pre-37 but you could find better one-handers for less money.

• Locked thread