Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.
I just recently started playing again, after getting burnt out shortly before the Kunark release. Is a lot of the goon presence no longer in Invalid Guild? I don't think I've seen more than two people on even during the evenings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Why can't I ever stay away from this game. I haven't played for about a year, but I've had the itch to come back. I have a 24 bard, 25 monk, and 41 mage on blue, with more desire to play the monk and bard. Did they ever fix bard kiting? Last time I played most mobs had really far attack range which made swarm kiting super dangerous.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005

onesixtwo posted:

you need to strafe run. mobs will always hit further in a straight line than you can outrun them. you strafe run and they can't touch you. this means move forward and hold strafe left / right depending on how you hang.

also swarm kiting is always super dangerous... that kinda what happens when you kite half the zone. you get hit? you die.

The dying part doesn't bother me that much, I ate plenty of dirt when I learned how to do it back on live. I'll probably need to change up my keybindings to be able to kite that way without twisting my hand into a pretzel.

Does anyone have a good zone suggestion where to practice this at 24?

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Is there anywhere to find good suggestions on gear to get for varoius classes that isn't the wiki? Past the pre-planar recommendations its all expensive or raid-level gear, and I'm not familiar enough with Kunark to know what sort of mid level stuff is available. Primarily looking for monk and caster stuff.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005

faulteroy posted:

Post what you've got/what you want and your budget and I'm sure someone can help you out. There are also some posts on the P99 melee forums about monk gear.. here's one: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172140

Gear right now is pretty basic monk stuff. Full set of Wu's minus chest and sleeves (foremans tunic and azure silk respectively). 5/55 rings, crappy earrings, and quivering staff / knuckle duster+trance stick for weapons. Weapons are fine, just mostly looking for some upgrades to the wu's. I have a 45 mage with ~1500p, and I don't mind camping or questing for stuff I'm able to do.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
How does sneak pulling work, exactly? I rolled a monk a while ago and I haven't quite gotten the hang of pulling well.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Thanks for the info, I knew the basic stuff but wasn't aware sneak was that broken. I knew about sneaking behind bankers/merchants and whatnot, but it overwriting social aggro is news to me. That makes things a lot easier.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005

Pilsner posted:

Hmm I wouldn't be discouraged, just stay off the central area near the zone line to Lavastorms, as trains are kinda frequent (including from me now and then when I had to run out to buy bandages :) ). At level 36 the sisters turn into crappy XP, although the money stays amazing.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the sisters camp doesn't seem like very good money to me. About 1pp per belt, and I haven't seen anything else. The exp is pretty decent, but man I hate catching the boat to OOT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Last I heard about Ragefire on blue is there's a group of guys that just rotate the camp between them, giving a cleric not in one of the major guilds one real option: buy it.

• Locked thread