Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Bruce Leroy posted:

Just charge it overnight while you sleep along with your cell phone.

The big downside, though, is that it won't use MicroUSB. Something about the waterproofing making it need some kind of proprietary connector...shame...

I'll probably still buy one...I'm tempted to "donate" but I really want it to be released and see reviews first...also, to see what the "user voted" color will be...though I can't imagine I won't get black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
It's incredibly silly, but I really love these Cthulu Tiki mugs.

But man, the head guy on that site is so drat goony:

quote:

I am a graphic designer, artist, horror fan, geek, and general creative type. I am a family man (my wife is totally on board with this project), a member of Psi Upsilon Fraternity from Georgia Tech, and an eternal member of DragonCon. Geek? Check.

:negative:

I feel like he doesn't deserve any of my money.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

brick cow posted:

Carla Gugino

:allears:

brick cow posted:

Rosario Dawson
:swoon:

brick cow posted:

Malin Akerman

:love:

:gizz:

brick cow posted:

Danny DeVito

:barf:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

What the... who doesn't like Danny DeVito?

Oh, I like the man...but he still deserves his :barf:

It's like he decided that since doing Always Sunny, he should just become a real-life Frank Reynolds. His Twitter feed is mostly pictures of his gross troll-feet.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

EonBlueApoc posted:

Yuengling is twist-off...

And you really shouldn't pry off a twist-off. The glass can easily break, especially the threads. Glass in your beer is not a good thing.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

goatface posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera/posts/421386

Over 900k in under 6 hours for a Planescape: Torment "sequel".

edit - Maybe "Successor" would be a better word.

God drat, over 1.7 million in a day. Is that a record for the fastest funded? (for a LARGE amount of funding, like over $100,000)

And they still have over a month to go, though I think they'll level off pretty quick. I don't see this getting up to Ouya or Pebble levels, but if it does, good for them. Especially since with software, once you finish it, it costs only a trivial amount to make more, so that's even more profit for these guys. Not like a physical thing where every unit you promise takes more time, money, resources, etc... to make and ship out.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

$75 for a simple Faraday cage? (And that's the discounted 'early bird' price.) It seems like it should be $20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

A documentary on Garbage Pail Kids?

Why the Hell not?

• Locked thread