Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
So when is it speculated that the 980ti is going to go on the market?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Panty Saluter posted:

Has anyone tried to unlock Arkham Knight in Steam yet? It keeps kicking my code back...is that because the game hasn't been released yet?

You probably got a used code. If you got it from Amazon, just hit up their customer support and they will get you a new one.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Zero VGS posted:

You have to go to the Nvidia website listed on the voucher, enter the first code and some personal info, and it turns that into a new code you redeem on Steam.

At least that's how every game redemption has worked so far. I've sold a lot of codes and occasionally people start yelling that I sent them a bad code until I explain that part.

I figured since he's posting in the GPU thread he had gotten the code from the bundle, which has instructions to go to the site you mentioned.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
I know that a few people have already gotten their hands on the 980ti, but have there been any released benchmarks? How much better is it going to be over a 970?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Will any other manufactures besides EVGA be released today/tomorrow? Or will they be delayed?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
How much of a difference is there between reference vs non-reference cards?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Holy poo poo, thanks for the long phone post write up. It was very informative. I think I will wait for a non-reference card by ASUS or MSI.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

particle9 posted:

I almost snagged a 980 ti off newegg today but got cold feet at the last second and then it was sold out. Am I nuts for wanting to buy this thing so bad for 1080p? I need to upgrade my system this year, its a 2600k/660 ti combo but it still runs everything pretty well. GTA V and Witcher 3 have been the first big two that I have to set stuff to medium on. Would a 970 knock my socks off just as much if I don't get a better monitor? Or should I just shut up and throw money?

There is still some up left on Newegg. link.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

particle9 posted:

I saw that, I am partial to EVGA for some odd reason. Want to try and snag a EVGA superclock edition with the single fan setup if I continue to act crazy.

Yea it was literally up for 5 minutes. Went to go take the trash out, came back saw it was in stock then.... nope!.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ currently in stock. Just snagged one! :woop:

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Fauxtool posted:

what is the site/tool i want to use if im looking for the evga 980 ti hybrid to come back in stock?

F5, autorefresher, auto notify by email directly from EVGA's site.

I think you were thinking of this site which doesn't list anything except for one card on EVGA's website.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Ceirnian posted:

I'm the friend, thanks GP for posting for me!

I was thinking about getting this card but I'm no expert. I could probably get one cheaper but I'm more worried about getting it ASAP than the price. Worth it?

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeFo...7%3A11292772011

The MSI version which is also another choice, is only $319.99 after the mail in rebate.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Power consumption is too high on the 980 Ti versus my old GTX 980 :(

Time to figure out if I can cram a different PSU in my mITX chassis (ATX PSU but depth is 140mm) or explore a different case.

What PSU are you running that it can no longer run a 980 ti?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

This guy that's probably 4-5 years old now.

Edit: Maybe the motherboard's just bad at power delivery via PCIe?

600W should be more than enough shouldn't it?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
If anyone is waiting, Newegg is taking preorders again for the G1.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Can anyone point me to a GPU OC'ing guide of some sort? Never done it before and would like to try it out with the 980 ti G1 by Gigabyte when it comes in.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Well dang, that seems easy enough. Thanks.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Edit: totally wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Mutation posted:

EVGA have 980ti Hybrid kits available: http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=400-HY-0996-B1

Still waiting for them to restock their goddamn Titan X ones.

I thought they were interchangeable?