Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Sankis posted:

You can freely switch between them, and the advanced and hybrid versions, about 2 hours in. Don't sweat it and just pick one.

Are there any diminishing returns for discipline point gains, or can I more or less max out every class with one save?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

Shalinor posted:

At a low level, GnomeChomsky got hired out pretty often, but lately he doesn't seem to get hired at all. Kinda wondering if low level hires are just more likely?

(he is awesome, lately - finally got his AI dialed in right)

Unrelated, but is there some trick to teaching pawns to throw people? It looks like they learn other tendencies based on what you do, so does that hold for pawns as well? Would throwing bandits off cliffs teach your pawn to be a crazy bandit throwing bastard? There is no "throw people" potion at the rift shop.

I can't speak for everyone, but I just hit level 29 and I'm already kind of locked in to which pawns I like to hire. There are two or three pawns that are being leveled more or less as fast as I am, and have gear, skills, and attitudes that work well with my play style.

It's probably a combination of people like me rehiring their favorites, and there just not being as many people at higher levels. I love the game so far, but I expect a large number of people are getting burnt out after 10 or 15 hours.

At 29 my pawn's still getting hired regularly though. I'm going to chalk that up to his striking resemblance to Hulk Hogan.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

Tufty posted:

If there are people getting burnt out after 10 hours they should feel pretty stupid. That far into the game you've only seen a fraction of the enemies and an even smaller proportion of the skills and gear. The whole point of DD is fighting cool monsters with cool skills while dressed up in pretty awesome stuff!

Look, I absolutely love the game, but calling people stupid for not liking a game like this doesn't make any sense. If you've spent 10 hours with Dragon's Dogma and not seen how people with different tastes would get sick of it, then you've probably been so drawn in by all the things the game does so right that you aren't taking the time to consider how the things it does wrong are absolutely deal breakers for a lot of people.

It's very much a balance, and for me the good outweighs the bad, but none of my friends would feel that getting to see more enemies and skills would be worth sinking more time into this game. Most of my friends are super busy and have careers, so choosing to spend their sparse gaming time with something like this or something like Diablo 3 or a more focused game like Dark Souls is a bit of a no-brainer unless this is exactly the sort of game they were looking for (like it is with me).

Sumac fucked around with this message at 18:15 on May 28, 2012

• Locked thread