Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Rixen posted:

I kinda don't like the direction they're taking their new arcs.

They give you a fun couple of missions, but then they feel the only way to really cap it is to throw an Elite Boss or two at you.

Night Ward does this constantly. I couldn't even beat the last mission on my own because an EB that restores health to itself at 20% and summons a new EB to assist it is a little more than my stalker was able to handle.

I tried a couple of times, but one of them was able to see my Stalker as soon as he entered the area and I quickly tired of running all the way across Night Ward and through three floors of office building just to die again so I had to auto-complete.

I kinda hope they find a new way to make missions epic rather than throwing elite bosses at us non-stop. We're not all playing Scrappers and Brutes after all.

The first mission of the last Night Ward arc was what got me to stop due to utter bullshit quotient. Admittedly, I could have brought down my difficulty from 0/x3, but even at that level there's no excuse for spawning seven boss-level copies of Malaise at once, each with Confuse, heavy KB and able to see through Hide.

Catsworth posted:

This is pretty true for me too although I think I lasted longer than 2 weeks. Still nothing in I23 has made me really want to play again. Looking forward to new powersets though. And... did someone mention a new archetype in the works somewhere or was I fever dreaming?

Primalist, as I understand it. Akin to the WoW Druid, having a tough form and a stealth attack form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
Hm, may as well join the chat. My usual group is hardly ever on when I am these days. Send an invite to '@Brick the First' please.

EDIT: Taken care of.

LaserShark fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 17, 2012

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

I used to RP. Got kind of turned off of it for various reasons. Still, most every character I make has some kind of RP potential, if not an actual bio. The group I usually run with tends to do a bit of light RP during missions, and that's fun enough, so I tend to have a personality in mind for each character.

Except Yarn Man. He's just kind of a costume made out of inevitability and yarn.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Also Dark's Touch of Fear becomes Touch of the Beyond which gives +regend and +recovery, I think.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Oh gently caress Yeah! :woop:

I hope the boost to Lightning Clap is at least twice the values of any other upgrade, because there's never been any reason to take the drat thing.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

OneEightHundred posted:

+Regen is nice for soloing but isn't nice for avoiding getting gibbed.

The absorb shield sounds like the best of that batch at least, unless it still requires standing near enemies in which case good work at trolling Blasters into dying more.

They specifically said all powers will work without a target. Except Touch of the Beyond, I guess? Dunno how that's going to work.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Patware posted:

I never took Aim. GOOD THING I HAVE ONE MILLION FREE RESPECS

Yeah, Aim has always seemed like a wasted power pick to me. Build Up is nice, we always like more damage, but hitting things has never really been so much of an issue that I'd want to put a whole power toward it. (And yes I know Aim gives a bit of damage shut up.)

I don't know that I'd take it even with the snipe changes. Odds are, when you're in a league there'll be enough Tactics/Arachnos-buff flying around to keep your ToHit over the threshhold anyway.

vvv ...YEAH WELL THAT'S RELATIVELY NOT A HUGE AMOUNT OF okay, I admit it's worse in my mind than in the actual game.

LaserShark fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 21, 2012

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Holy CRAP, do these sets look amazing. Especially Nature Affinity.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Evil Z posted:

You should see the VFX for it...

No, really, go look at them on Beta (if you're VIP...if you're not...well...you should do something about that.)

I'll probably feature them on our Twitch live feed next week.

I'm on beta right now. Which is what prompted my comment that they look amazing.

YOUR MOVE ZWILLINGER.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

TalonDemonKing posted:

Lilli St. Croix Age:20 A Young Witch fighting the good fight. With her grandmothers spell book in her backpack and the Blackwand. A powerful wand the Covent of St. Croix forged, using the Black Diamond to harness the mystical energies of the Shadow Realm. While in a battle with the Circle of Thorns the Blackwand was shattered leaving Lillix unconscious. She awoke shackled in a dungean. Before her were two Thorn Wizards. One to tourtue the body the other to tourtue the spirit. They stopped before sundown. Barely alive, her body ripped from the inside out. She slowly opens one eye. She could see the Nights shadow covering her body with its cold blanket. She could hear the shadows calling her, asking her a question. She lifts her head opens her eyes and answers. The last word the Thorns heard before they were all killed was, "Yes.".... (she is the living vessel of the Blackwand Connected to the Shadow Realm.) ( Not Goth)

She's the living vessel of the Blackwand, which I choose to assume is the same Blackwand that gets handed out as a vet reward. So a good percentage of the server has 'used' her. What a slut.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Speaking of Rad Armor, is there like, a Fallout convention right the gently caress next door to the player summit every year, or is there just one guy that's really loud who only plays this and the Fallouts? Because seriously, all three of the crowdsourced things so far have been straight-up Fallout rips. I've got no problem with it... well actually I do, 'cause the Retro Sci-Fi pack is poo poo and Rad Armor is the most ridiculously niche powerset concept.

Seriously. I mean, Rad Melee I could see, but Rad Armor? I can't... why was that even a thing? Who would think up something like that? More to the point, why did the devs go with that one in particular? I mean, we could've had Air Blast or Throwing Weapons. Those would've been awesome and fit with so many different characters. I know we may get those eventually anyway, but Rad Armor? Maybe it's just, graphically speaking, low-hanging fruit, I dunno.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Evil Sagan posted:

Well it only took getting to level 4 to gently caress up Nega Sagan. I thought Teleport would be an appropriately cosmic travel power, but now that I have it I don't quite like how it works. I suspect Super Speed or Flight would be more my kind of thing. How much do I have to gently caress myself to correct this oversight? It's too soon to retire my evil alter ego!

Just go to a trainer and look for the option to 'change your active build' or something similar. You can have two different builds on your character, though I think for the most part people just use them for what you're doing here - a low-level respec. Any enhancements will stick with the old build, but that's the only downside.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Free Headcrab posted:

Man I really want to come back and play, but I wish they would release more than one loving powerset at a time. An armor set like bio just isn't enough to get me back into the game. Armor sets are way too passive and just don't change the feel of the game for me like a support, offense, or control set does. I'll be back when they release a few more powersets (half a year at the rate they are slowly feeding them out).

They... often do? Water Blast is coming out before Bio, which will likely come out at the same time as Nature Affinity, three new sets came out relatively recently (Staff Fighting, Darkness Control, and Darkness Affinity), which were on the heels of Street Justice and Titan Weapons and Beast Mastery and Time Manipulation and Beam Rifle and and and...

I mean, even though you have to pay for most of them, the number of powersets they've put out since they went F2P has increased enormously, and complaining that they're going too slow is just kinda silly and I'm not sure what your basis for comparison is.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Synapse is proposing more changes to Bio Armor. Most notable to miss from a damage perspective is the proposed loss of the recharge bonus from Offensive and the fact he is toying with the idea of reducing effectiveness of Defenses.

I posted, but I will just reiterate, defense and recharge are normally the two most important things your build for with sets and the loss of the bonus is sad enough, a hit to defense is a complete deal break in rolling the set.

People that are OK with the loss of defense really don't understand the mechanics of this game.

Z: make it clear to him defense can't be touched. Dear lord get that across to him.

From what you quoted, looks like +Recharge is still in Offensive.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

So, does that mean the Adaptations won't be enhanceable at all? May as well just shove 'em all into a single power like Staff or DP has, then, and come up with something else for the freed-up power tier.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Got unreasonably depressed yesterday when I did the Heist and everyone got perfect role badges... except for me, the Hitter. Not even sure what I did wrong, but there's two possibilities:

1) I ran over to the room the Hacker was in and killed the guards attacking her so she could finish hacking
2) I picked the High Roller in the second phase.

Any ideas?

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Also the second contest will be later today, so you've still got a chance. It's... 6 PST, 9 Eastern, I think? 8 Central, I know that.

Are Belong To Us totally got gypped, IMO. That was a fantastic costume.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Rick Troll failed me, but I've put together a new and better entry: What Is A Man? Glad I picked up the Drink Formula costume emote way back when...

EDIT: On the other hand... hm. Likely to not be considered for Copyright reasons? I mean, Are Belong got in...

LaserShark fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 28, 2012

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Huh, so it is. My bad.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

WeX Majors posted:

They're literally picking the top3 right now, and they're pretty clearly "we had an idea for the last few weeks." since things like "Not Sure If" "NyanCat" and "XX Drinker" were represented like 5 times in each Pocket D, but every one of the top 10 were unique to themselves.

Actually... What Is A Man was one I picked after my character in the first contest today got no love. Also, there was more than one instance of Courage Wolf and the penguin.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

That is pretty unfortunate. Things like Hand Clap or Repel would really benefit from swapping KB for KD, and by benefit I mean worth taking ever.

quote:

Also the real answer is Controller because Earth/Storm and Plant/Storm were hilarious before this and now Tornado+Water Spout is legit.

Isn't the set unique, though? I don't think you can put it in both powers. Could be wrong, of course.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Idiot AYB spammer self-identified:

Snow Globe posted:

For those that were curious: The meme name I got was "All Your Base", without any tricks at all. :)

Thanks for taking the time to show off my whole skit with the drones.

Showing the skit off for the camera is fine. Showing it off EVERY TEN SECONDS FOR THE ENTIRE NIGHT, on the other hand...

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

If someone in the group performs a role perfectly, everyone in the group gets the badge for that role. AT means nothing as far as heist role is concerned; it's a matter of clicking glowies and talking to NPCs (though I say this having only tried it once as a Hitter).

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Needs More Jazz posted:

Downloaded this game on a whim and played 'til level 5. Between the fact that I haven't played an MMO in over five years, and my general clumsiness with "tank" controls, I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. But I get to zap bad dudes with my nuclear eye beams and rapidly teleport around the city like a madman, so that's cool.

Now, I just need to figure out what all the acronyms people are using in the global chat mean...

Universal handle is Euqram.

The one you're probably seeing most is DFB, which stands for Death From Below. It's a 'trial' designed for low-level characters, and a good way to gain a lot of XP quickly. For your first character, though, I'd suggest running the Twinshot (hero side) or Mr. Graves (villain side) missions instead; they're pretty cool and act as mini-tutorials to introduce you to certain game concepts.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Looks like Freebie Friday is back: there's a tri-corner hat available until Monday. Also deep discounts (75%) on Archetypes and some powersets, for those running premium.

While I'm thinking about it, have the other Meme-Contest goons gotten their code yet? Still waiting on mine.

LaserShark fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 3, 2012

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Eezee posted:

I have no idea what this game is about, but superheroes are cool I guess. If the referral program is still active, can someone shoot me an invite to REDACTED?
I won't promise that I subscribe, but I want to at least try it.

Got you covered.

EDIT: Saw a guy named 'XxXARTHURXxX' as he was logging out, and I knew I had to check his bio. I wasn't disappointed:

quote:

ARTHUR NANCE WAS BORN WITH POWER OF AN SUPER HEALING FACTOR.HE ALSO TOTES TWO PARALEL CLAWS IN EACH OF HIS HANDS AND ARE UN BREAKABLE METAL CALLED ADAMANTIUM.HE USES THESE POWERS TO DESTROY OR SLASH ANY ENEMY IN HIS WAY.HE CANNOT BE KILLED IN ANY WAY HE ALSO HOLDS THE POWER TO ADJUST TO ANY OXYGEN,WEATHER,MEANING HE CANNOT GET COLD OR SUFFOCATE.ANOTHER THING THAT HE CANNOT BE KILLED BY THE REMOVAL OF HIS HEAD BECAUSE THE METAL WITHIN HIS BODY IS SPREAD THROUGHOUT HIS WHOLE BODY,THEREFORE MAKING HIM IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL HE BE SHOT WITH BULLETS IN ANY PART OF HIS BODY WILL BE HEALED INSTANTLY.IT HAS BEEN SAID ON AN PARALLEL UNIVERSE THE COUNTERPART OF ARTHUR NAMED LOGAN JAMES AKA WOLVERINE WIL

Still not sure if he was trolling. He was a claws/regen scrapper, of course, but didn't look anything like Wolverine.

LaserShark fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 5, 2012

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Got my code from the contest! I have no idea what adding it to my account did, if anything, but I got it.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Pez posted:

it gives you a permanent account-wide costume change power, just have no idea what costume until I log in and check. I got a Rulu-shin costume power from the circus contest and I really want the moving eyeball chest piece for other costumes!

edit: I can't add it to my main account, so I assume it's one I already have. That means it's Rulu-shin or Coralax or whatever the other one I have is

Oh, I see. Cool. Looks like I got the Rulu-Shin as well. Pretty nifty.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Also, Propel's animation time was greatly shortened, and Propel (and Lift?) do extra 'Impact' damage when used on a target that was recently hit by the Gravity hold.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I can only dream. At the very least it'll just do aoe knockdown, might be useful to alternate with regular rear end Foot Stomp for control and poo poo.

Meh, I'd personally assume it'll have a nasty-long recharge like Spring Attack, so it's not something you use constantly.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Maybe put it on Repulsion Bomb. Any allies caught in the blast get some Absorb.

vvv That's exactly what they want to avoid, though. Having to spam shields doesn't make the powerset more interesting; kind of the opposite, actually.

LaserShark fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 12, 2012

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Dinictus posted:

Alright, Pez, you are redeemed. Somewhat. I guess? Dogfucker Gypsy Summers actually listened.

And she did remove the bit from her bio.

Props on her/him/it for removing it, but that attitude of 'if you don't want to read my sick perverted bio you shouldn't have opened it!' means she still needs a slappin'.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

WeX Majors posted:

Was kinda quiet so I tried to go head over to The D to see if I could find some weird bios of my own.
Nothing much in The D, but I found something pretty weird in Talos

That suit of chainmail must be really inconvenient when ERPing. Noisy stuff, chainmail. You'd hear him coming a mile away.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Out of curiosity, does anyonne think the changes to the Fighting attack powers are going to make them actually worth taking? I'm guessing no, which makes the whole revamp kinda pointless...

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Abroham Lincoln posted:

The prereqs are actually loosening up a bit. For pools, powers 1 and 2 are there by default, and 3 and 4 are opened up with one power. Power 5 is opened up once you take 2 powers. Doesn't really help Fighting in particular, but you could take the aoe taunt, then the aoe fear, and the mini-godmode/self rez out of Presence, whereas before you'd have to take the lovely single target fear to get the aoe one.

Well, that's good at least. Tough was always kind of suboptimal if you just wanted to stack defense, except as a Steadfast mule.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Pez posted:

I'd like to see the Shard revamped as Incarnate level stuff. Or anything in the Shard really as opposed to more new zones that I will never do content more than once in. But the Shard feels epic, and it's huge enough to support a lot of different epic-level TFs and arcs and such.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Shard given something of a Siren's Call treatment, just making certain areas flare up into Rulaaru hotspots that give iXP and no better than Uncommon rewards while they last. Save the iTrials for your Rare and V. Rare salvage.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Ugggghhhh, everything they've been talking about in the coffee chat sounds so baaaaaad. It's all story/mission related stuff, so most won't care, but nothing they've covered has me at all interested. He even admitted to sort of rushing through the Rogue-specific arcs. Bleh.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

General Maximus posted:

Never change, Pocket D.

See, that's actually not a bad concept. If not for the name and last sentence, it would have been just fine. Too bad they had to poo poo it up with the usual 'PLEASE ERP WITH ME' signals.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Ummm that is a massive buff to doms.

Dark/Fire/Ice with Snipe/afk-permadom.

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/down...0A9FF0553D3FAFF

Yeah, but it's not a permanent ToHit buff, just for the first few seconds after hitting Domination. Unless that build brings the Dom recharge time down to 15 seconds, of course...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Goddamn. This is so loving depressing. I've been in CoH (off and on) since it started, and... drat. Never saw this coming.

Well, that's my evening shot to hell. poo poo.

• Locked thread