Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gynovore posted:

Looking through this page, if you don't spend a penny...
  • You can't join Supergroups. This is no big deal, since there is no content that requires that you be in an SG to participate in.

• You can read the forums but can't post.

This is incorrect. From the I23 Patch Notes:

Free players may now be invited into SuperGroups. (Free players still cannot create SuperGroups.)

And there are certain parts of the forums that Free/Premium Players can post on. They are denoted with ALL ACCESS: as the name of the section. For example: ALL ACCESS: Player Questions.

Sadly, ParagonWiki seems to be falling farther and farther behind. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I s'pose I should finally break down and join the Goons.

I'm on right now, and my Global is @Savannah Nightwolf

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I wanna make a Staff Stalker. What Secondary is better, Electric Armor or Energy Aura?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Now to wait for a goon to make a single character that hits all the spaces...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Issue 23 is kind of interesting in how it fell flat despite the effort - I mean you wouldn't know it to look, but we got a new zone, a new Incarnate trial that caps off a whole storyline, a new Incarnate slot, and a new TF, and... nobody seems to care when logically that should've made us go nuts.

This seems to happen quite a bit when Positron is in charge.

I've never played a Diablo game in my life, so that's not to blame for me. No idea what it was, but this issue didn't even feel like :effort:. It's now tied with I15 for Most Boring Issue.

One thing I do know that soured me was the mobs in Night Ward. Living Spells using Ice and Time powers, flooring your recharge. GREAT answer to players building for perma-Hasten. :rolleyes:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Looks like Goontown decided to rise from the crave. I still don't have access to the full forums, so I'm requesting it here, please.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Being a meleer, I made a Street/Bio Brute first. Pretty fun!

Here's a screenshot of Hardened Carapce, the T1 power from Bio Armor.

And here's a screen with both Hardened Carapace and Environmental Modification activated.

I then ended up making a Water/Nature Corruptor, and ran two DFBs. THAT was pretty fun! I think I may finally make another Corruptor when these sets go Live. :)

I also noticed that there are new icons for some Temp Powers.

They are, in order:
1) German Shepard Pet
2) Black Wolf Pet
3) Leprechaun Pet
4) Image Of The Well Pet
5) Mini Snow Beast
6) Vanguard MVAS

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

minimalist posted:

edit: Hmm, I may have judged Nature Affinity too soon, I'lll have to play more.

1) Make a Water/Nature Corruptor.
2) Have fun!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tom Powers posted:

Also, even though the feedback from the proposed changes was so universally bad except from the people who don't matter that the set was getting proposed BUFFS even though Posi wanted us to go ahead and test it with the lower values, Bio went ahead and was updated with the first round of changes only.

If things are going as per normal, the first round of changes are on Beta because they had already been commited before Synapse shared them. A patch or two from now should have the big buffs he posted about.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Super Pack 2: Rogues And Vigilantes is now on Beta. It includes the same old Dual/Team Inspirations, Reward Merits, Unslotters, Boosters, etc., along with the new Amplifiers (Survival, Defense, Offense), the new Cosmic Corsair costume set, Enhancement Converters, and the new AT IOs.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hmmph. I still loves me MA/Regen Scrapper. And SJ/Regen Broot.

Also, I still don't have access to all of Goontown. If someone could let me in to see the dongs, I'd appreciate it.

P.S. - OneEightHundred: Were you orignally 1-800-SPINES (or something like that) on the CoH forums? Something I keep wondering when I see your name. Just like I wonder if Mind Over Matter is MoM from Guardian... o_o

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Abroham Lincoln posted:

News!

Water Blast is next Tuesday. Get your obvious pee/semen/menstruation joke names ready, and join the group of literally everyone else who's obviously going to do the same

YAY! :neckbeard:

Abroham Lincoln posted:

and the one lonely guy who ripped off Aquaman.

Aww!

:smith:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Maybe. Then again, Team Leader may not have known to select another mission then pick the mission they were trying to run, to reset it.

As for the TP thing, you should have turned on the Prompt Teleport option after the first time.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I just got myself the new Dark Matter Aura from the new Tweet Code Thursdays promotion they're doing.

Someone on Twitter said it's supposed to be a Kirby Dots aura. I'm not really familiar with Kirby Dots, so no idea how well it translated to a CoH Aura...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So, what you're saying is Spines/Bio Scrapper, right? Guess I better get busy building me one...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tempest_56 posted:

I just hope they're better written than the I23 content. Some of that poo poo is really terrible, and even the good stuff ain't that great.

Yes. I23 was a major disapointment for me. I've pretty much stopped playing, until I24 or Nature Affinity/Bio Armor.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah. The worst part that we, the players saw, was that random Purples were deleted. It seems that when they looked at their end, the Devs pretty much went :stare: and then gave thanks that it wasn't on the Live servers.

From what I gather, the mess it made was so bad, the game would have become unplayable within a month, tops.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Here's an idea I had: Why not modify WTF Rewards for characters with their Alpha Slot unlocked?

If you have your Alpha Slot unlocked, the first time you run the WTF, you get an Emp at the end, and then the reward table is similar to what DA offers: Random Incarnate Merit, Random Incarnate Salvage, X Threads (I forget what the number is).

Choosing the Random Incarnate Merit would award either an Astral or Emp, and then be locked out as a choice for 7 days. The rest of the choices could be picked once, and then locked out for 24 hours.

This gives people more incentive to run the WTFs, and a weekly chance at 2 Emps.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tom Powers posted:

You already get a Notice if you've got Alpha unlocked, but I agree- there needs to be an incentive to continue to run it AFTER you've built your Alpha.

Eh. The only thing a Notice is good for is making more Threads.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

They pretty much included all of the parts to make Captain America when they released Shield Defense. They're not trying very hard.

DCUO did the same thing last month with DLC 4 and Shields. The Captain America clones were in the hundreds.

It seems Marvel is too focused on their upcoming MMOCG* to notice these things.

* Massivly Multiplayer Online Console Game. The so-called MMO from Marvel won't let you make your own characters, so it's really just another console title, but online!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OK, guys, lemme ask ya something:

What's the better version of a Set - The version that drops in-game, or the version sold on the Paragon Market?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sharrow posted:

At any specific level, they're both the same.

Overall, the market versions are perhaps better since they are always 'attuned' to your current level, so you can't underlevel them unless you exemp below the set's minimum level.

Market-bought sets procs are usually better than the in-game ones; at least until the in-game versions are revamped to use the same procs-per-minute formula.

Thanks for that info. Maybe I should grab the store versions of the Purple Sets I need to finish, and then either hang on to the crafted ones for other characters, or dump 'em on the Consignment House.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

minimalist posted:

Seriously, let's see a general Issue 24 preview already.

We've been told that at least 2 zone revamps are incoming for i24, but that's all we know, content-wise. I'm getting antsy and the player population is in one of its competency trenches again. Happens when interest dips between issues.

And when the last issue is lackluster and meh, like I23. I23 really should have been I22.5.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It means they're finishing up what they started. We asked that Brawler be moved to Lib's spot in AP, while she's sent off to hand out the STF in IP.

They were able to replace States with Lib, but didn't have the time to replace Lib with Brawler. Now they do.

Pendragon and Meatsack, however... those I can't explain.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rixen posted:

I think it'd make more sense for them to roll out powersets a little more quickly so people wouldn't have tons of leftover points from their stipends.

What, like the 4,960 and 4,080 I have on my main & second accounts? Oh wait... most of that isn't from VIP Stipends.

I... may have a problem...

Rixen posted:

Though with the announcement of these new ones, I'm wondering if I'm all that interested in Bio Armor anymore.

Well, if you're a VIP, those two new sets are Free for you, so you don't have to worry about buying them...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rixen posted:

Yeah but...

...Super boosters...

I use my VIP Reward Tokens for those. I already own Celestial and Fire & Ice, and the weapons are the only things I care about from Gundam, so I have them to spare, too.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I currently have a Level 23 TA/A Defender. Would I be better off remaking it as a A/TA Corruptor?

Also, this happened last night during an ITF, when I asked if we were going up the back to rescue Roman Sister Psycho:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mirage posted:

No kidding. One hit with Ki Push on an outdoors map can push an enemy out of the range of any of a character's starter attacks.

You can do that inside, too, in the larger room maps. You can also angle yourself just right, and knock foes around corners.

Sadly, I see the Repel/KB effect getting nerf'd. :(

Mirage posted:

I made a Beam Rifle/Martial Combat blaster and after a few minutes wanted to reroll him with the name "Captain Juggles."

So "buy" a Rename Token from the Beta Server Paragon Market for 0 PP, and then rename him. No need to remake for a new name on Beta!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Eh. I love my /Regen characters, and I'll be buying Nature on both of my accounts Tuesday. Gonna make a Water/Nature Corruptor.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Here's the new log in screen that showed up on Beta with yesterday's patch.

Also on Beta is the new T9 VIP Tech Knight costume parts.

The Tech Knight stuff isn't finished yet, as there are no textures for the Quiver or two Back Packs, and the only weapon in is the Bow. The other weapon options are Mace, Staff Variants, and Shield.

I find it odd that a Knight set has no Swords...

Also, the Bow is friggin' HUGE and clips like there's no tomorrow.

Personally, I'm not fond of the set, and will probably do the same as I did for Mech Armor, and only buy the weapons part.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The new changes to the Fighting Pool might actually make Boxing and Kick worthwhile.

Boxing now synergizes with Kick and Cross Punch. With Kick, it gains +15% to Damage, and the Chance to Stun goes to 35% chance for a Mag 3 Stun. With Cross Punch, it gains +15% to Damage, does -2% End on Target, and applies a -5% Recovery DeBuff on Target.

Kick now synergizes with Boxing and Cross Punch. With Boxing, it gains +15% Damage, and the Chance to Knockback goes to 40%. With Cross Punch, it gains +15% Damage, does -3% End on Target, and applies a -5% Recovery DeBuff on Target.

The new power, Cross Punch, Requires you to be L14+ and have [Any 2 Fighting Powers]. Without Boxing or Kick, it has a 40% Chance for Mag 0.67 Knockback, and a 20% Chance for Mag 3 Stun for 6.00s after 0.50s delay.

If you have Boxing or Kick and Cross Punch, it gains +15% Damage, grants you +100% Recharge for 6s, and grants you +??? ToHit for 6s.

And all of these bonuses stack.

So if you take Boxing, Kick, and Cross Punch:

Boxing gains +30% to Damage, has a 35% chance to apply a Mag 3 Stun, drains 2% End from the Target, and applies a -5% Recovery DeBuff to the target.

Kick gains +30% to Damage, has a 40% chance to do Knockback, drains 3% End from the Target, and applies a -5% Recovery DeBuff on the Target.

Cross Punch gains +30% to Damage, grants +200% Recharge for 6s, and +??? ToHit for 6s.

I'm not 100% certain on Cross Punch granting +200% Recharge. It might only be 100% for 12s. I haven't actually taken it yet, just looked at the Show Info on the Level Up screen. And it doesn't show what the +ToHit is. It just lists it as Special.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

WeX Majors posted:

Ugh. Went to go try to enter one of those Kirby Kodes just now, only to find out I can not for the life of me log in to the ncsoft account. Every name/password combo I could try wasn't working. Le Bummer.
Also, I loving *hate* recaptcha. That is the most hard to read text ever invented.

Yeah, the new thing is retarded.

What I had to do was type my password out in Notepad, then copy it to the clipboard. On the NCSoft log-in page, after I typed in my log-in name, I then pasted my password into the password field.

It should let you in, and after that, you should be able to type your password in.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Dear devs,

gently caress trials. Give me a fun option to incarnate my characters.

Dicks,

Tommy

Like maybe adding the DA Incarnate End-Of-Arc Tables to the WTF for anyone who has their Alpha Slot unlocked?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Well that sucks rear end. I knew going F2P was the beginning of the end, but I was hoping it would last a lot longer. :(

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So, it turns out we can thank Aion for this:

NCSoft loses 6 million in quarter. http://bit.ly/TFiZdc

CoH takes the fall for the mistake of AION. Because, you know, shutting down AION would make too much sense.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

No idea what will come of it, but a fellow Guardianite started a Save City Of Heroes FB Group.

Maybe we can use the power of the internet for good...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bio Armor. Feral Might. Kinetic Assault. Martial Assault. Martial Combat. Psionic Melee. Radiation Armor. Radiation Melee. Savage Melee. Wind Control.

These are all power sets that have assesst in the game files, and now, will never see the light of day. :(

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Fearless_Decoy posted:

Edit: If we're taking it bad, I hate to think how the folks at ParagonWiki or Mids or Titan Network are feeling.

Titan Network is down. Can't get to any of their sites.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Someone set up an online petiton to save the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, there have been tears on my end. And I'm still so numb from the whole thing...

Anyway, here's a bit of info (from this thread).

Circuit_Boy posts:

For what it's worth, I already asked for a refund. Blurry-eyed, but coherent enough to think about financial matters.

I got the following reply:

quote:

Hello,

We would first like to thank you for your support of City of Heroes. It is never easy to make this kind of decision. You can read the official announcement at http://na.cityofheroes.com/en/news/n.../thank_you.php. There is a discussion on the forums that you are free to join at http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=295621.

For refunds of unused time or unspent Paragon Points, we will be contacting those players directly with information. Please watch the website for any official updates as soon as they are available.

City of Heroes will be available for at least the next three months. We are on something special for our VIP and Premium players. As soon as these plans are ready, they will be announced on the website and the forums.

Regards,
The City of Heroes Support Team

Take it for what it's worth.

Like seebs, if there's no refund, there will be a credit card dispute on my part.

• Locked thread