Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I am proud that I only have one character who could fill in one square of that (novel for a bio), and it isn't even an RP character. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I just had the silliest mental image of someone using unslotters on TOs. :v:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

OK Energy Manipulation is wrong, Gravity's a lot less poo poo than it used to be, and Pain Domination is missing but everything else is pretty much right.

I kind of wonder if MA will be good when they add that KB to KD thing even though its AOE is godawful.

That's my character. :v: Also, I knew I forgot SOMETHING. I guess Pain Dom is just such a forgettable set. I put Energy Manipulation in there on purpose, though.

Pubbies get really, really mad over that profile.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

You've only got rape on there once.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Pesterchum posted:

Didn't you see the pocket D bingo sheet a few pages back? That place is a blast. And if you put a shot glass on each square, well...

Don't drink and visit Pocket D kids. Who knows the horrors that could happen. :gonk:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Cleretic posted:

I think you'll find the two of us are the only people here who actually roleplay in the game instead of just laugh at the bad roleplayers,

I did it once or twice a few years ago. I even have a character with a bio and poo poo. I just don't bother because the community is terrible. :v:

Also that's actually a neat concept.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Green Bean posted:

Though I have to admit it's kinda funny that two posts after we make fun of a guy for blatantly stealing his character from a video game we're helping someone make Amon from Legend of Korra.

But we're goons and we're doing it ironically. :eng101:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

Is the -knockback IO on beta?

If so, does it work on Tornado and Bonfire?

And Waterspout?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

Waterspout is already a knockup, not a knockback, so it doesn't really need it.

Oops, yeah, I forgot about that. :) my bad.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Don't discount the sheer number of players who would use bioarmor in some sort of tentacle-mutant-rape-fantasy in Pocket D.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Conskill posted:

Are there any guides you'd recommend? I want to love my Warshade but it leaves me sad and frustrated on the best of days.

http://dechskaison.blogspot.com/2011/01/mfing-warshade.html

This dude is kind of a sperg in game but he knows his poo poo. I built my Warshade based on this (my build is on goontown) and I fuckin' love it. Well, I did when I played it last.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I use nova form regularly, I just wish it animated a tad faster. Admittedly I do spend a bit more time dual-forming, but that is only because I have no t4 clarion. Also I felt little pinch in slotting my Warshade up once I understood what my goals were.

This is from a year ago on Goontown, no idea if link still works:

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/down...C7090BF122E0E2F

Posted these relevant comments with it:

Considering burning the recent freespec on changing Gravitic Emanation to Inky Aspect and binding it into my hot key for dropping all forms.

Warshade power picks are weird. If you look, you'll notice a lot of unslotted stuff taken as fillers or for mule purposes. This is different if you're human-only.

Goal for Alpha is 45% rech spiritual. For the other slots, -res/fire proc, status prot, and the neg energy AOE.

e: This is from an old mids version too so it could be horribly busted.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Conskill posted:

I'll also point out that the shapeshifting change is pretty spectacular if you're used to the old times. I tried a dual-form WS years ago and the difference in reaction time was amazing.

Wait, what'd they do to shapeshifting? Did they speed it up and fix the issue with getting stunned and interrupted mid-dwarf shift?

e: vvv Welp next time I come back I'll have to try that. Thanks.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 1, 2012

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

Speaking of debuffs I'm kind of wondering how terrible of an idea it would be to make a Broadsword character and stack all of their attacks with Achilles Heel procs.

The procs don't stack, just refresh, iirc. So you'd have -20% going constantly, at least.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Gynovore posted:

I couldn't resist.

Seriously, these people with ~25,000 posts... I try to be fair, but how can you help but picture the hambeastiest of hambeasts? In between the hours spent playing and the hours spent posting about playing, how do they find the time to, oh I dunno, do _anything_?

FAKE EDIT: If "hambeast" is considered an internet catchprase, my apologies.

Golden Girl.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Abroham Lincoln posted:

- Looks like there's an (unusued) icon for a LFG emote that would put a symbol over your head to announce you want to group up to all the scary people in Pocket D. Not sure how long that's been in there or if it got scrapped at all.

Now we can stand in Pocket D with a swarm of people carrying obnoxious LFG icons over their head, whilst pubbies cry and cry and report you because you are seeking a group.

Make it happen, Z.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Fighting attacks are useful in that if you have leftover slots you can three-slot them for easy defense bonuses. Kick has some different bonuses to grab from Boxing due to being a KB.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Metrohunter posted:

That and it has a longer range, but both are fairly good AoEs.

Except one of them will get an extra 20% damage from Venom Grenade. :v:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Metrohunter posted:

A moot point when you're (read: I am) less likely to hit more than 3 targets at a time with Bile Spray anyway. :colbert:

Practice! :v: I play(ed) a Bane instead of a Crab and with venom grenade+arctic breath+bile spray I could keep pace with most heavier AoE characters as long as I got positioning half decent.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Ice would be great if they threw out Shiver and made the Immob have no KB protection. Anyone who has used Tenebrous Tentacles, Elec or Gravity with a purple KD and purple Hold proc will understand why, in addition to it actually loving working with slick and allowing for some extra damage.

Elec goes from 'okay' to 'fuckin' fantastic' if you pair it with Psi and Perma-DP, in terms of end drain. DP gives you the ability to actually keep the blue bars empty. Also, the AOE sleep is the only good sleep in the game. It ticks really fast, you can hit something and it will fall asleep again immediately. It's almost like a fear effect in that regard.

Gravity and Elec both get better if you slot a purple KD and Hold proc in their aoe immobs, as neither have KD protection.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

TA is pretty lethargic but somehow is a darling for many players. poo poo, I love the set and I know it kind of blows. :(

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Mastermind sets are all pretty decent, so Beast Mastery was always gonna be impressive compared to any other AT anyway. It still falls far below the other Mastermind sets, though, to the point where really you don't have a reason to be taking it unless you're the kind of person who makes a Kheldian for the 'challenge'.

In unrelated news I've decided on a Warshade for double XP. Does anyone have any advice for how to go about building one of them? I mean I'm not even very good at designing my own builds when it's on an AT that's relatively straightforward.

Depends if you want to gently caress around with triform (worth it, IMO, doubly so because they buffed form changing). I have my triform build up on the first page of the hero board in Goontown I think, unless it fell off. Triform, permahasten, permaeclipse, doublemire, permanent three pets (corpses permitting). poo poo is a beast when played right.

I think I also linked a pubbie's Warshade guide in there which is full of handy binds.

Won't compare to modern power houses, but they're solid, fun and different.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Nobody loves sonic. :v: Aside from a few lovely bits (liquefy's enormous cooldown, end issues, losing disruption field to distance/elevators/etc.), I love my Sonic defender because everyone is sitting on a bunch of Defense these days and my defender can poo poo out like 61% RES to everything but Psi for people in the big bubble. :(

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

This begs the question: Will building for RES actually be at least somewhat viable now? They don't seem to have increased the values, but added more of them in place of useless poo poo. If it isn't viable to actually build RES in, you could at least round yourself out a bit more by virtue of having sets for other purposes. I mean, sure, I'm running 5 posiblasts (random example) for the recharge, but if I take 8-10% less damage of a type on top of that as a result, I can't complain.

This is a good direction, overall.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

THIS IS SO loving COOL.

Also, you know these are going to be 100% tied to your origin choice at character creation, and then they will sell origin changers on the marketplace because of people like me who make every character the same origin for no reason.

e: vvv That might be a temporary beta thing. :tinfoil:

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 9, 2012

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Scourge will help too, since that poo poo checks scourge every tick, yeah?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

As for a secondary, you probably want a secondary that doesn't require you to do much to be effective so you can avoid constant redraw, which probably means Cold or Traps.

I still want to level my AR/Traps corr one day. I have a dream of stacking Ignites/caltrops and tripmines on AV's feet and seeing how effective that gimmick could be. I've never figured out if they make AVs freak the gently caress out and run though. :smith:

e: I have the build somewhere. It was really absurdly stupid and I think it kept 3 stacks of proctrops down, permaignite and cycling tripmines constantly.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 9, 2012

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Section Z posted:

Things my AR/Dev Blaster does in trails (Not to self, get him more than just the three enhancements needed for level shifts some day). Stack as many landmines as possible on Nightstar's body during the BAF for when they pull Siege to it.

Also, AV's ignore afraid. It's why when they did a big pass of buffs for Archery and stuff, they slammed Ignites recharge with a nerf. Because Ignite, useless 1 foot wide, everyone avoids it ignite... would RUIN AV's poo poo fast because they would just stand there and take it while tankers tanked. So now Ignite is 'okay damage once in a while on things that can't move over time... Still loving useless for everything else'. With a 4 second cast to boot.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try leveling it again when I put time into CoH again. The character's whole gimmick was literally 'ruin AVs horribly'. If I can find the build I'll post it.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Fearless_Decoy posted:

Also, I'll be able to hardcap S/L resistance on my Inv tank without Tough.

Can't wait to see where my DA/WM tanker sits for Resists. She's 75% S/L, 50% F/C, 83% Psi, 33% Tox, 67% Neg and 33% Energy at the moment.

I've got 4 Reactive Armors on her at the moment, so I should hit 81% S/L. What has the 2pc KinCom (2.75% res immob) become? I have three of those, and a 2.75% Held resist from Mocking Beratement

e: vvv Thanks, and yeah, but I'm assuming they'll fix the bug. So I'll be almost 84% S/L and about 55% F/C. Can't really complain about that!

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 9, 2012

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Abroham Lincoln posted:

In unpopular AT news, Khelds are getting the flight/teleport pool lockouts removed, and all Mastermind pet powers are going to be able to take the recharge intensive sets so you can actually use the uniques on a bots character or whatever.

HELL YES! I can finally take Air Superiority on my Triform WS and round out his human form's ST attack chain! :madmax:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

DP doesn't even need to be permanent, it's fine being down for 2-4 seconds. I love DP because it is another thing with -1000% Regen (with enhancements) to leverage against AVs, in addition to making you a regen scrapper who can actually get defense.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Suddenly, I realized I would pay for a war mace skin that looked like an acoustic guitar. Nothing to do with the above really, just sprang into mind when I saw WM mentioned.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Gynovore posted:

This has been proposed before. I'd personally go for the "Guitar God" powerset; part melee, part ranged sonic, part leadership.

I was thinking more along the lines of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmemBa1HAzU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The best use of Jolting Chain is slotting it up with KB, as the knockback angle is determined based on where jolt jumped from. So it literally scatters everything in every direction. :science:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

End drain is only useful if you can floor their end recovery with it. If you can do both then yes, all they will do is brawl. If you can't, they'll fire off even the highest end-using abilities even with 1 end.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Mind over Matter posted:

If Electric Armor isn't the best armor set, it's near the top. Tons of resists and utility, then you build for softcap S/L at 50 and you're an unbreakable god.

Edit: Grammar.

It isn't, that title belongs to Dark Armor. :smugdog:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I was being silly, but while we're on the subject, Regen is the best set if you value dying a lot. :v:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Mind over Matter posted:

And if we butt with a Buttbot...what's butt? A penisbot? Butt a vagoogebot? We may as butt just butt Tommy as a butt of the butt Phalanx and be butt with it.

Buttbot filter added.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Section Z posted:

All this talk about the login screen image. Give me back my crazy zappy noise when I log in with a character damnit!

I forgot about this noise and suddenly I really, really miss the old login and character select/creation interface. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I'm Tsurupettan.9624 on GW2 and I'd like to join CoGS. I promise I'll actually play this game and not just endlessly talk about mechanics.

Also I just finished reading the last 550-600ish posts and catching up, jesus gently caress this is sad. I wish I had my original account and all of my old screenshots and poo poo. I wasn't a goon at the time and don't have the same memories you guys have with each other, but still. I'll never forget this game.

At least I will always have mids and dreams of what could have been. :smith: I'm seriously on the verge of joining the crying crew.

• Locked thread