Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker

Evil Sagan posted:

So if you guys don't roleplay weird yiffy fursuit sex, what do you do in this superhero MMORPG?

Look at Tommy's dick.

Also reposting some of the wonderful SUPERPUBS and their beautiful descriptions.

Find the rest here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

Hi posted:

If someone posts one I end up liking enough to actually level up and use I will mail you a pvp 3%.

It's not quite def capped (.6% off S/L, ~7% off of E/N/F/C) but you'll have Dark Regen every 8 seconds, infinite Endurance, and basically be making GBS threads damage left/right/center. You might be able to see some improvements if you're willing to sacrifice some of the Kin. Combats or just by being smarter than me. Edit: Also you have 8 KB protection so you won't waste time on your rear end either.

Click THIS PASTEBIN for your build you jerk. Also you'll have to copy/paste it into a browser to download, not import into Mids.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

Hi posted:

Its a pretty good build, but my TW/WP has more recharge then that build and cant sustain arc/whirling/sweep as a smooth aoe chain, and what is the single target chain supposed to be? without an accuracy in crushing blow its going to miss a lot, that leaving follow through and rend ?

Really would like to find a way to get more accuracy into crushing, and a force feedback recharge proc in whirling at the very least.

Your first mistake was assuming I'm competent when all I'm really good at is slapping poo poo together mister :colbert:

Willpower has a decent number of skippable/low-slot powers while Dark needs a lot more dedication, so you can't expect them to compare in the bonuses department (Dark is still an unkillable gently caress). At this point, you'd have to start picking sacrifices on your own to make such as taking slots out of Oppressive Gloom and putting them elsewhere - TW/Dark is seriously tight as gently caress on slots.

What I'm trying to say is as far as TW/Dark goes, it's very VERY difficult to get Def-capped and have a shitton of recharge to play with.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

In my opinion, the only time rating powers matter is if it's on a set you plan to spend money/points on. If they release something like Candy Blast or whatever (or maybe DOUBLE DUAL PISTOLS) it's helpful to know that despite sounding cool this powerset is really mediocre and kind of painful to play. I have a Spines/Regen Stalker from when CoV first launched so if it's more painful than that it's worth noting.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

I can brew something cheap up for Ktzi when I get back from my trip. Or maybe even on it if I have downtime (if I made a Kat/Dark for cheap then TW/Dark can only be easier right???)

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

There's also an ~Amazing Bug~ with Magi right now making it so if you run with more than 16 total player units (Units = characters + pets including Lore pets), the fight gets exponentially harder. The reason is when you kill the wells of light, they give ONLY 16 level shifts randomly assigned to all player units that aren't dead/in the respawn place. That means instead of getting a bunch of people to +5, you have a middling number of guys shifted to +2/3 and an assload of useless pets sucking up the level shifts (this further proves how terrible the Lore slot is and why MMs are still beaten stepchildren).

Basically, do not run Magistrium if you have more than 16 players or if you have MMs who are too retarded to dismiss their useless pets.

Edit: If you run with just 16 people though it makes Magi probably the second-easiest trial in the game because holy poo poo there is nothing challenging about that fight if half your team has a pulse. it just gives jack-poo poo for rewards aside from 1 Astral and 2/1 Emp merits (garbage).

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

I suggest we all report BMU for griefing in this thread and if you would all just look at my VirtueVerse you would see my 10,000 word essay for why. Also note that someone out there exists who plagerizes from RIFTs books. loving RIFTs books.

Also I will finish my RESCUE THE BIG METAL UNIT Architect Arc one day. It's like halfway done but then I got distracted.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

TalonDemonKing posted:

Also, what the gently caress is that DangerDan? Please tell me it's an elaborate troll.

I don't know, you tell me.
:suicide:

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

Jesus christ I didn't actually read any of it I just looked to see if it had retarded pictures/ones lifted from RIFTs books.

I too climax whenever I use my superpowers it's very practical an- :barf:

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

Talons suck because they have an auto-hit lightning AOE that's barely visible and that dumb cave-in skill makes it impossible to see anything (and it also auto-hits).

Basically this. BP can demolish your resistance without it showing, but Talons can literally floor your ToHit chance to something around 5-8% if it has the earth-flavored ones (and god help you if all the LTs + Bosses are)

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

R.I.P City of Heroes

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

Tom Powers posted:

Especially fun in the sewer trial on a character with nothing but knockback powers. :smugdog:

Why else would you bring a Peacebringer?

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

Pez posted:

And doesn't move like cel shaded molasses

I will never get over how absolutely ugly CO's art style/direction is. Looking at it just makes my eyes want to throw up because it's pure visual noise.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

Aren't some of the costume pieces for female characters based around having a max-out chest slider too? Like if you put it at halfway it screws up the scaling of the pieces?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

can't be like CO because looking at the game in motion doesn't make me want to projectile vomit so solid improvement wrt graphics!!!!

• Locked thread