Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I'm glad my quip made it in as the thread title :smug:

Still, anyone on the fence about this game, seriously, come play with us. I've been playing off and on since just after launch and I always have a good time hangin with my SA bros.

This game is a terrible quagmire of godawful sexual weirdos in the "RP" zones outside goonsquad chat though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Had some fun last night with the Lady of the Lake's hand. :quagmire:

She's good at holding swords.

The geometry isn't right for what I wanted to do, but I guess you get the point.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

TalonDemonKing posted:

Now only if I could get a group of people who actually run Magi all the way through, I'd be set.

You have to bait and switch them.

"Hey guys, that first phase went quick, how about we kill the AVs while we're here, it could be fun :v: "

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

postin to brag and also to set bmu up to poo poo all over it

Why would I poo poo all over it? That's awesome man.

How long did it take to kill him that way? How many people?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

That is so cool.

I propose a Mars Attacks style invasion.

Who's with me?

ACK, ACK ACK ACK

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Vincent-XXI posted:

I'm in. NO DOVES!

I'll be home in 4-5 hours. Let's do this thing.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Pez posted:

I miss all the fun stuff. Stupid being broke/wake to go to tonight

God dammit, stop letting all your friends die :mad:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

OneEightHundred posted:

Really the main problems are that Blaster secondaries are total rear end

Energy melee is pretty good as a secondary. You get a ton of buffs and the attacks are fun.

Plus you get bright glowing fists and that poo poo is baller as gently caress :black101:

I find it fun, anyway.

Regardless, who gives a gently caress. Play what you enjoy and find fun, who cares about numbers.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

OneEightHundred posted:

The melee attacks are also more of a problem than they used to be because of the type of enemies they've been adding. "Range is not defense" used to be this big common trope because everything has ranged attacks or will just run up and slap you, but then they added a bunch of high-level enemies that spam AOE attacks and AOE mezzes on your melee constantly, so now you get whacked even when you don't have aggro.

Yeah, true enough. When I play my fire/em blaster, I hardly ever use the melee attacks. Hover and a couple minor defensive powers generally allow me to survive fairly well if the team is big enough to distract the mobs. If I have to wade into punching distance in situations like that, you know poo poo's gone seriously sideways and it's just a desperation ploy on my part. Sometimes it even works out!

Range helps as long as you have tank types up front or controllers locking everything down, but you know that.

Fireball and fire rain are nice because you can do that poo poo around corners. Line of sight IS a decent defense, at least, despite its extremely fleeting short term nature. Prevents massive alpha strike retaliation too.

OneEightHundred posted:

brb gonna make a spreadsheet and chart out fun factor on one axis and time spent dead on the other

I know man, all I'm saying is everyone finds different poo poo fun. Sometimes it's cool being dead because it gives you time to crack stupid jokes.

I actually died when I was in the middle of a mob last night to make a stupid joke. Prova can attest to that.

Keep in mind that death is completely meaningless except in terms of time. There is no punishment or loss associated with it all outside the time sink.

If you care about your personal time, man, are you playing the wrong kind of game.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

OneEightHundred posted:

Fire Ball targets a unit so you need LOS.

I know, but the blast AOE will go around corners. You just need a dude out in front of the rest of his group, which is pretty common.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Cuchulain posted:

Discussion of proper angels for maximum ball exposure. This post is the thread, condensed to a Platonic Ideal.

I'm no Wayne Gretzky, but I try to set a good example.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Hahahahhahaahha

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I thought the living spells were pretty cool :saddowns:

Of course I try to mezz the gently caress out of anything before it can do unto me, so, I dunno, I'm biased or something.

I liked their mission arc, at least.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Pez posted:

:smith: and here I thought I was famous

It's because your forums name and your in-game fursona name are nowhere near similar.

Me? people know me. Because I'm like at a two-legged-dog level of COH retard.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

rantmo posted:

You can bubble me with your force fields anytime :allears: :gay:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Soothing Vapors posted:

edit: literally cannot believe I got EFBed on something that weirdly specific

I miss your old avatar, spraying angle grinder sparks from the groin of a football player all over the thread :smith:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Man, I can't even read that name without going into convulsions.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I only collect the ones in the foil wrappers.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

WeX Majors posted:

And my basic attempt at a Mars Attacks alien results in a sad realization

The bubble helmet is too small for the exposed brain hair :(

This is my attempt. The cape helps cover up part of the brain, sorta. Or at least it makes me not care.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

WeX Majors posted:

Gee, way to just STEAL MY IDEA, GAWD.
Seriously, I figured that cape would help matters. Also please go back and adjust those colors because having everything just be that standard green is driving my OCD insane.

I came up with the idea as soon as I heard about the retro bubble helmet mister :colbert:

As far as I know, you got the idea from me. :c00lbert:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Red's Carnival is my favourite. Open, easy to get like 4-5 groups close to each other so you don't have to move a whole lot.

I just got into this whole thing and I love burnin and stompin dudes to death, the sound effects are so satisfying.

But yeah, I don't make a lot of money at it. Mostly it's just to help pay forward a lot of the help I've gotten over the years.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Fearless_Decoy posted:

I would like to run the Tin Mage task force at some point and go for the Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight badge. It's something that'll be fairly easy to get these days, since there'll be more than enough pets to nuke an AV without players touching ground. Anyone else interested?

What exactly are the requirements and can I use this as an excuse to keep group fly?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

S.D. posted:

The badge requirement is 'no teammates taking damage from Director 11's (the AV in the first mission) trip mines (which he spams all around him as he runs around'.

So yeah, Group Fly is awesome for that.

Sure, I'm down for that. Do we know if we get the badge immediately, or do we have to wait for the end of the task force?

I'm good to go tonight once I get home.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Forgot I already had the Master of Tin Mage badge, ran it again anyway. :pcgaming:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I can't believe this is a topic of conversation in this thread. :psyduck:

Also Yarn Man is the loving best.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Yet another reason I refuse to own any pets.

DangerDan posted:

I suggest we all report BMU for griefing in this thread and if you would all just look at my VirtueVerse you would see my 10,000 word essay for why. Also note that someone out there exists who plagerizes from RIFTs books. loving RIFTs books.

Also I will finish my RESCUE THE BIG METAL UNIT Architect Arc one day. It's like halfway done but then I got distracted.

I love you. Let me know when I can play test it :q:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

See? all of that blaster stuff? I loving love that.

That is what this thread is about.

Also Tommy's penis, but that always needs to be A Thing.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Bakalakadaka posted:

I've been reported for merely standing in Pocket D with pets out.

I've been reported for using dispersion bubble, which is just a toggled PBAOE.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I still hope we get something like that magic subset pool for all the origins. Tech, science, natural, mutation, all of them. That would be great.

It might even be possible to build a character with only the basic powers in your main sets and still be viable as a player. :v:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Ugh, that bio armor is displeasing to my eyes.

I was hoping more for something like Vorlon encounter suits.

Oh well, I have enough melee characters anyway.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

My video card kacked itself, and her I was looking forward to a day of MMO brain relaxing after a huge bbq I threw yesterday.

:negative:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

halfhazardKnight posted:

I was on a LGTF last night, and I saw this and I immediately thought of you guys.

I guess the thing is that I've seen much worse.

Dude blitzed that LGTF as if his life depended on it.

Yeah honestly that's really not all that bad. I mean, yeah, the story is dumb and all, but it's not a single giant run on sentence, and it's mostly correctly spelled and punctuated.

That barely registers a 1 or a 2 on the Horribly Retarded Pubbie Scale of 0-10.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Hi posted:

Youve been on virtue way too long if that barely registers as a retarded bio.

Oh, it's retarded, don't get me wrong. It's just not nearly as bad as some things we've all seen.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Cleretic posted:

Speaking of Rad Armor, is there like, a Fallout convention right the gently caress next door to the player summit every year, or is there just one guy that's really loud who only plays this and the Fallouts? Because seriously, all three of the crowdsourced things so far have been straight-up Fallout rips. I've got no problem with it... well actually I do, 'cause the Retro Sci-Fi pack is poo poo and Rad Armor is the most ridiculously niche powerset concept.

You take that back, the retro scifi pack fuckin owns and I will allow zero dissent on this issue.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Respecs are easy to get, but if you're that worried about it, level 4 is literally nothing in terms of time invested. Talk to a trainer, alter your appearance, and save the costume.

Then delete him and remake it, saving the costume will save you the time it took to design it in the first place.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

What the gently caress is this pay to win bullshit NCsoft?
http://na.cityofheroes.com/en/parag..._content=boosts

Some Marketing rear end in a top hat posted:

+15% Max HP, +40% Regeneration, +20% Recovery. The survival Amplifier boosts regeneration rate, recovery rate and maximum hit points. Duration persists through defeat. Activates upon claiming via in-game mail. Only affects the caster and does not affect any pets. cannot be used in PVP zones. While this power is active you cannot claim another Survival Amplifier.

+5% Defense (All), +7% Res (All). The Defense Amplifier increases defense and damage resistance against all attacks and grants protection against hold, disorient, sleep, immobilize, terrorize, confuse and knockback effects. Duration persists through defeat. Activates upon claiming via in-game mail. Only affects the caster and does not affect any pets. Cannot be used in PVP zones. While this power is active, you cannot claim another Defense Amplifier.

+15% Damage, +10% To Hit, +15% Recharge. The Offense Amplifier grants increased damage, chance to hit, and recharge. Duration persists through defeat. Activities upon claiming via in-game mail. Only affects the caster and does not affect any pets. Cannot be used in PVP zones. While this power is active, you cannot claim another Offensive Amplifier.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Fearless_Decoy posted:

Talk me out of editing the Paragon Wiki so the incarnate poo poo is up to date. Please. I don't want to be that guy but no one's put half the Hybrid information yet.

I wouldn't bother. Half of that poo poo is still buggy as gently caress and probably liable to change anyway.

On the other hand, DO IT, BE THE SPERG YOU WERE BORN TO BE.

On the other other hand, take another percocet or tylenol 3 or hyper aspirin or whatever you're taking for your back and stop caring so much for a couple hours :smith:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Free Headcrab posted:

Because a lot of them get done and sit on the shelf for a long time. Like staff.

So the problem is more that you hate anticipating anything and have no patience?

What a horrible goony existence. :smith:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Free Headcrab posted:

No need to be a dick bmu, I thought we were friends. I just hate not having a reason to play anymore.

I'm yankin your chain man, relax.

Also come on, the problem isn't that there's nothing to do, it's that you're burned out on it for now. Just take a break for a couple months and come back, that always works for me.

Read some books, play other games, anything. Just don't force yourself to keep playing if you're not having fun right now.

The itch will return (it always does) no matter what kind of ointment you apply, believe me, I am thorough with that kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Concurred posted:

No, see, those sets aren't for Scrappers / Brutes / Stalkers so nobody cares.

It's depressing how true this is. :smith:

• Locked thread