Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Critters taunting is so goddamn wacky. I was running Night Ward stuff with Scar (me a SJ/WP scrapper, him a SJ/Nin stalker) and we had a huge meaty group of Black Knights taunting me so fast I couldn't loving hit anything.

So I used Self-Destruction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Does ~~KEYES~~ ever even get loving run, I do nothing but BAFs and TPNs and want to do the other ones. Kynes apparently gives both Physical and Psychic and weights toward a R or VR, why no love.

vvvv All the important letters were there :(

Patware fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jun 11, 2012

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I don't really like Beam Rifle. It hinges hard on its gimmick but its gimmick never seems to loving work on my Beam/Psi Blaster (Soldier of Sorrow). I'm lucky if I see one Disintegrate! per mission, gently caress ever seeing Disintegrate Spread!.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

How dare they put in all these ads for a Clanket without an actual Clanket costume piece.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Yeah, you can always change your power colors at the tailor, and also have different colors per costume if that flips your skirt.

And yeah basically a couple million means the world when you're still in DOs but once you graduate up to IO Sets you basically start working in the hundred millions or billions. What looks like a shitton to a mid-level dude is straight up chump change.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

That post has caused blood to appear around the edges of my vision and is inciting me to murder. Fortunately,

OneEightHundred posted:

fireblastersfireblastersfireblasters

:circlefap:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Kheldarn posted:

This seems to happen quite a bit when Positron is in charge.

I've never played a Diablo game in my life, so that's not to blame for me. No idea what it was, but this issue didn't even feel like :effort:. It's now tied with I15 for Most Boring Issue.

One thing I do know that soured me was the mobs in Night Ward. Living Spells using Ice and Time powers, flooring your recharge. GREAT answer to players building for perma-Hasten. :rolleyes:

gently caress the goddamn Living Spells, holy poo poo.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Slung Blade posted:

I thought the living spells were pretty cool :saddowns:

Of course I try to mezz the gently caress out of anything before it can do unto me, so, I dunno, I'm biased or something.

I liked their mission arc, at least.

They were cool as long as they didn't have ice storms and time stops.

I went through that poo poo as a /WP so my horrible experience completely discounted the idea of ever getting mezzed, too.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

^^^^^
You hosed up. (EDIT: Oh good lord.)

Catsworth posted:

Oh. I thought that was just a new set. Didn't find it that interesting. :smith:

Ah well, thanks.

I'm pretty sure it's just a pair of sets, Feral Might and Primal Fury or something. I haven't seen anything to support a whole new archetype.

Patware fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 15, 2012

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Evil Z posted:

Over a year wasn't long enough?

In the interest of cutting to the point, you're allowed to say 'gently caress', gently caress is a wordfilter and bright shiny flag.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Fearless_Decoy posted:

He's our mole in the CoH dev team.

Not taking back my sass. :colbert: I ain't no fake-rear end busta

don't delete my account i'll never do it again

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I kind of sort of roleplay, in that I've got a character planned out for any given dude I make except the really dumb poo poo, but I view RPing as practice for moving on to legit writing, and CoH has nothing for me except really light characterization practice. The standard is just rock-bottom.

I MUSH though, so I'm snooty and arrogant.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Oni Elem posted:

a bunch of poo poo about the wrong kinds of blasters

How dare you not remember what /Fire is getting.

Fire blasters are the only blasters that matter.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I never took Aim. GOOD THING I HAVE ONE MILLION FREE RESPECS

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Slung Blade posted:

You take that back, the retro scifi pack fuckin owns and I will allow zero dissent on this issue.

Backing up my boy here, anything that brings me bubble helmets and more glowy poo poo to stick everywhere has my vote.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Concurred posted:

So we're getting a robo pirate, and the Nemesis horse is in game, but we can't get horse heads?

Do you REALLY want to open those particular furry floodgates?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Rixen posted:

New weapon models include a potted palm, a circular shower curtain and a giant cardboard cutout of a random NPC minion.

I wish all of these were real :allears:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

WeX Majors posted:

I can't remember the last time I rage-quite City Of loving Heroes, but there ya go.

I can't remember the last time a mission was remotely difficult with a team of 4+

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

City of Heroes posted:

"Well, Anna, many would have you think that, but this week we are covering sharks in much of our weekly programming here on WSPDR, trying to show the real side of these magnificent creatures, the gentle, playful dancers of the waves. It's something we like to call 'Sharks: The Dolphin's Smiling Cousin'."

Mako felt his jaw drop, his rage a small ember, but growing quickly as cartoon images of sharks overlaid with soft, sweet music played.

This is the best reason for Captain Mako to go on a rampage.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Oh mannn this PlayNC maintenance. I have a great idea for a water blaster and I just can't give NCSoft my money.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The most amazing part is that Fyre Melons claims to be tasteful while wearing her bra made of belts.

(PS: Make a revolver. Take it out (shooting optional). Brawl someone.)

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Man, I was going to remake a super-old dude as a Spines/Bio /before/ we realized it was godlike, now I feel cheap.

But not, you know, not so cheap as to not do it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

WeX Majors posted:

Was kinda quiet so I tried to go head over to The D to see if I could find some weird bios of my own.
Nothing much in The D, but I found something pretty weird in Talos

I want to see his Adult Profile.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Patware edited it to make it look like Bakalakadaka posted:

They should make all the trials and TFs and missions and zones and character creators and my actual life like mayhem missions and fill them with cardboard boxes that explode into dog barks.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

OneEightHundred posted:

If that isn't possible, then doing some of the badges that would actually make them challenging should probably offer better rewards. Nobody wants to risk failing BAF for Gotta Keep 'Em Separated over one astral merit.

Even if you don't have an explicit scaling mechanism like notoriety contacts, you could still add optional objectives (including ones that make existing objectives harder), which seems completely feasible with existing mechanics.

e: At the very least, mechanics probably shouldn't be completely ignorable. The fact that TPN can have several people AFKing and nobody touching a telepathist ever and still poo poo out more threads than any other trial with no risk of failure is kind of pathetic.

Most elegant way to do that is probably to track whether a run would award the Master badge and give some kind of bonus based on that even if you already have it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I'm over here slotting Knockback in Heavy Blow and Spinning Strike because I just like to see dudes go flying, gently caress being optimal.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Yeah it's way dumber to fill your SS with knockback because it has plenty of AoE. SJ just has the one, not counting Sweeping 'if you're lucky' Cross.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Section Z posted:

I'm not sad crashes are going away from nukes, so much as sad only ONE non weapon power gets a crash free nuke right now. Overhaul the whole thing now or don't cocktease the other non weapon blasters at the same time as mocking the weapon ones.

What is this even supposed to MEAN? <...>

They are overhauling the whole thing now, what do you think we've been talking about for, what, two thirds of the thread? i24 is not that long away, go build a house of cards or something if the situation is that untenable for you.

I wouldn't be surprised if Water Blast's crashless, weaker nuke was a deliberate test to see how the playerbase would react to something like that as opposed to a big swinging dick of a nuke that immediately makes you flaccid. As it turns out, they like it, because it's not stupid!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

You're on PVP notice, you nasty man. Stalker hitsquad gonna get you the moment you show your face in that acclaimed zone of true gentlemen.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Dibs on Time Lord.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

God drat I hated this game. The trick is if it ever takes longer than 25 minutes to do a mission I just hit Self Destruction and don't rez.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Sharrow posted:

A CHALLENGER APPEARS

He clearly states he's the most powerful /mortal/ wizard of all time, it's fine.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

7 sons now? Did he hear about our Lord team?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Cuchulain posted:

HE'S ON TO US

He's also now in an SG called WIZARD LORDS PURPLE MAGIC. I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Should we... should we join it? :allears:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I got the news from Scarmiglibrone on my first break at work and it ruined my whole goddamn day, this poo poo was my goddamn /joint/ even if I didn't really hang out with the goons a whole lot until recently.

First character I made was Tonatiuh. It took me literally the entire lifespan of an MMO to get a character to level cap in one. :downsgun:

No other game's ever going to equal the kind of stupid poo poo you can do, like the mass Gang Wars, or making a water blast, coloring it brown, and naming him Roman Rapids. A team of six identical villains, all named En Masse - me and my friends did that for a week and got hilarious pubbie reactions.

I think what I regret more than anything else is never actually getting surprised by Tommy's dick. I mean, sure, it just got posted a little ways back, but it's not the same if I know it's coming, you know?

EDIT: Joined the Steam group, I am not unsurprisingly 'The Patware' because I use one handle, ever

Double EDIT: DIDN'T CRY PROBABLY WON'T

Patware fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Sep 1, 2012

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Slung Blade posted:

:quagmire:

hahahhhahahaha

You did it

you found the secret squaaaaaaare

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Yikes, good luck with that one man.

Here, let me lighten the mood a bit.

Allow me to present literally the most offensive thing I could possibly post. The list of censored words.

Also for your viewing pleasure is the significantly less hilarious list of copyrighted and apparently unusable names.

Yeah.

The List posted:

416. CLITORIOUS
506. EuropeSucks
777. JAPSLAPPER
991. SchitzNGrins

A sampling of my favorites.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Cuchulain posted:

For people interested, GW2 Guild is up now, due to some fuckery I managed to make and then lose Order of the Curved Obelisk, so we're going to end up being City of Goonsquad: [CoGS] on Maguuma

I'm Corman Decker, Patware.3068. I play with friends on Sea of Sorrows but I'll jump over to chill on sad, lonely nights.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

All reading this story bible is doing is a) making me appreciate Nemesis even more because everything actually was a Nemesis Plot before the Nemesis Plot meme and b) making me more and more willing to perform actual murder for the current edition of the story bible.

I think I would choke an old man in his home for the current edition of the story bible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Free Headcrab posted:

I wish we were moving to a game other than guild wars. It seems kind of wrong to jump to another NCSoft game after they screwed us over so badly.

Think of Guild Wars 2 as ArenaNet's. They're owned by NCSoft but based in Washington, so they're only accepting money from the Devil rather than being the Devil.

Also: Every time a Freakshow chops off a limb, Dr. Vahzilok buys it.

EDIT: Should we make a CoGS thread in the Guild'd Cage to get our GW2 talk over there so we can keep this thread on topic or is that way too circlejerky?

Patware fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Sep 4, 2012

• Locked thread