Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Is it odd that this looks a lot like the beginning of the last issue of Watchmen to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Here's another Beelzebub one:

I remember this page being posted in the One Piece thread, it's what finally got me to start reading Beelzebub.

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

Could you please provide a link to this manga it looks interesting.

Realism
Sep 16, 2008
It's this manga right here

http://myanimelist.net/manga/40711/Embryo

I just bought it from Yesasia.com and scanned the pages....

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Here's a couple

First, one for Hideout - Short, but good

Two from Akumetsu

He's our protagonist :ssh:

And lastly, Rainbow: Nisha Rokubō no Shichinin or just Rainbow

Edit: Well dang, reading through the thread I've already been beaten to both Hideout and Akumetsu, just take those as backing up the previous instances I guess.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 2, 2012

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011
A Lollipop or a Bullet (mentally unstable characters check)

---

Ah! My Goddess

---

Akame ga Kill!

---

Akumetsu (again)

---

Aku no Hana (mentally unstable characters triangle)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MrCinos posted:

Akumetsu (again)

So uh I've never been able to make it past like the third arc of Akumetsu, where he crashes the press conference in some traditional outfit.

This is making me want to get past that.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Longhouse posted:

Doesn't do the artwork justice, honestly, but the feeling is right

Takemitsu Zamurai

Let me do the artwork justice, because Takemitsu Zamurai is loving great.

Strongly recommend to everyone

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Detroit Metal City

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MrCinos posted:

Mentally unstable characters, love triangle, rear end in a top hat protagonist? Yeah, this is definitely going to end like School Days.

EDIT: Yeah, looks like it. It was looking like it might go the Onani Master Kurosawa route for a while but then it went the opposite way.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 4, 2012

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011
Amagoi

---

Amanchu!

---

Arakawa Under the Bridge

---

AQUA and its continuation ARIA (one of my favorite slice of life series)

---

Arpeggio of Blue Steel

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

MrCinos posted:

AQUA and its continuation ARIA (one of my favorite slice of life series)

Have you watched the anime for this? If so, how would you compare it to the manga? I'm interested in consuming this in some way, but I'm not certain which.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Have you watched the anime for this? If so, how would you compare it to the manga? I'm interested in consuming this in some way, but I'm not certain which.

The anime was great, but I've never read the manga so I was considering asking this question myself. Its a very pretty, chill, slice of life show.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Dickeye posted:

So uh I've never been able to make it past like the third arc of Akumetsu, where he crashes the press conference in some traditional outfit.

This is making me want to get past that.

I'm in the same boat. I think I got through two volumes of Akumetsu before I had to put it down because of how shallow and smug it seemed. It reads like babby's first guide to political dissent or something.

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I watched only the 1st season before reading the manga and enjoyed both of them without being bored later by rereading anime material. It was quite a long time ago so I wouldn't be able to compare them now. I almost always prefer original source (with few exceptions like Minami-ke or Gintama) though, so I'd recommend reading it.

---

Asatte no Houkou: my favorite bodyswap manga, probably because it isn't done for laughs like in most cases, the story is pretty serious. 5 Volumes (finished).

---

Bastard!!: it needs to be noted that the author's laziness in releasing new chapters goes even beyond that of Miura's (Berserk).

---

Bambino!: my favorite cooking manga, not like I read much of them; I put Addicted to Curry and Yakitake!! Japan both on hold. Didn't expect it to be so dynamic and gripping up to the end. 13 Volumes - finished, but has ongoing sequel.

---

Battle Angel Alita (GUNNM): Last Order

MrCinos fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Aug 4, 2012

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ANIME AKBAR posted:

I'm in the same boat. I think I got through two volumes of Akumetsu before I had to put it down because of how shallow and smug it seemed. It reads like babby's first guide to political dissent or something.

Nothing wrong with shallow and smug, particularly when the plot is a guy in a mask doing batshit insane things as a form of dissent/terrorism.

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011
Beelzebub

---

Before Dawn and the End of the World

---

Binbougami Ga!

---

Black Lagoon

---

Bokko: it's pretty unusal to have 50+ years old main character in manga who looks his age too.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Claymore - best monster artwork outside of Berserk

Here's another page I considered.

Realism
Sep 16, 2008

Joan

minibeasts
Oct 22, 2010
Sumire 16 sai!!

And two from Kyou Kara Ore Wa!!

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

---

Break Blade

---

Cage of Eden

---

Carat! - short and amusing maho-shoujo (and maho-shounen) parody manga.

---

Carnivorous Princess Yegrinna

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

minibeasts posted:

Sumire 16 sai!!

And two from Kyou Kara Ore Wa!!

If you haven't read either of these, you've wasted your life and should get on that.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Another for Arachnid, from the latest chapter:

I love pretty much every double spread in this manga so far, and they come along fairly often too.

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011
Change123

---

Chinatsu no Uta

---

Classmate, Kamimura Yuuka wa Kou Itta

First date:

---

Countach

---

Crime and Punishment

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

MrCinos posted:

---

Classmate, Kamimura Yuuka wa Kou Itta

First date:

---

From this, I expected just a silly, goofy romance manga, but got so much more.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

MrCinos posted:

Break Blade

I tried to watch the movies of this, but I got to the part where someone uttered the phrase "twelve-year-old known only for her enormous breasts" being used to refer to somebody in the military before I gave the hell up.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Tetsugaku Letra

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ProfessorProf posted:

I tried to watch the movies of this, but I got to the part where someone uttered the phrase "twelve-year-old known only for her enormous breasts" being used to refer to somebody in the military before I gave the hell up.

There is a character who doesn't look or act like a 12 year old, nor is she treated as such. The only reason she is 12 is because the mangaka is a creep.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

MrCinos posted:

Cage of Eden

Wait...What? I think this is something I need to read immediately.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

mikeycp posted:

Wait...What? I think this is something I need to read immediately.

I'm not going to say it isn't worth reading, but it certainly isn't worth any sense of urgency.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's it like Highschool of the Dead, but with extinct animals on a deserted island instead?

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011

Cbouncerrun posted:

It's it like Highschool of the Dead, but with extinct animals on a deserted island instead?

Except characters are stranded on the island and can't escape.

It's not the best survival manga sure, but it's still pretty good and entertaining in my opinion. Has quite a few badass moments which are not centered around main character only. Not to mention how good author draws all those animals.

---

Daily Lives of High School Boys

---

Denpa Kyoushi

---

Emma

---

Freesia

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

MrCinos posted:

Denpa Kyoushi

I read through all of the translated chapters of this manga a few weeks ago and let me just say gently caress this manga. It's like someone smashed together TWGOK and Great Teacher Onizuka while removing anything that made either of those two manga good in the first place.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

jonjonaug posted:

I read through all of the translated chapters of this manga a few weeks ago and let me just say gently caress this manga. It's like someone smashed together TWGOK and Great Teacher Onizuka while removing anything that made either of those two manga good in the first place.

Aizen looks at that guy and says "Whoa, that's a little too smug for me."

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011
Gambling Emperor Legend Zero

---

Ga-Rei!

---

Gisèle Alain

---

Gokukoku no Brynhildr

---

Gou-Dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

MrCinos posted:

This is :stonk: da manga and that is the image you choose?

You could do better than that:

Alternatively:

Or if you really wanted to push it:

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
gently caress it let's make it a :stare:/:stonk: party.

Koharu no Hibi (or as I like to call it "It's not stalking, it's deep love!")

Franken Fran

It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular

Devilman

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

You pick one page from Devilman, and it's not the reveal that Satan's

because that page is mondo spoilers dunkass

also nws as hell!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 7, 2012

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011
Hayate no Gotoku

---

Historie

---

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

---

Homunculus

---

I am A Hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Neito posted:

You pick one page from Devilman, and it's not a spoiler from near the very end of the last volume?

Hm, gee. I wonder why?

• Locked thread