Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
IT BEGIIIIIIIIINS

My first overseership I presided over mass slaughter and death, my second overseership I bungled my way into all but killing the entire fortress (I still have no earthly idea how Slitheredlow got in the great hall), and by God, I'm going to keep going and aim for a third overseership so bloody and disastrous that the entire save file eats itself and blows up all the backup copies! :black101:

...okay, maybe not that :black101:. We'll see how it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Diploid posted:

Huh? Over 200 back?
Well, that's one Daeren overseership, that's not so bad.
Hey, don't get me killed the moment I show up!

I resemble that remark :colbert:

YeOldeButchere posted:

No god of suicide this time, but Grandfather Ugath should be a suitable replacement.

Yeah, I'm feelin some Grandpappy Nurgle vibes from Ugath. Of that list, Tithleth and Igath look to have the most potential for cool stuff, as Tithleth's domains fit together quite nicely and Igath implies that rains and storms are heavily linked with inspiration and language.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Segway Rave posted:

Yes, new Dwarf Fortress LP! I am surprised I managed to get in under 300. I can't wait for my dude to show up in the middle of a siege and die instantly.

I thought I would contribute with my rendition of Osram, God of Wealth.

Blingee will never, ever stop being funny when used correctly.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Nidhhogg posted:

Sweet a new DF LP. So there was an idea I was toying around with during Gemclod. Doing kind of a build-along, constructing the fort in minecraft and then taking ss and maybe a video to give an idea of the scale of some of the mega projects, like the duck keg.

Is this just a dumb idea or something you'd guys like to see? I don't want to detract from the actual LP, just provide a more 3d visual than stonesense.

I'd actually love to see this myself, though due to the quantum nature of size in Dwarf Fortress, best demonstrated by a million dragons fitting in one square if 999,999 are laying down, getting the proportions down might be a bit awkward.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Captain_duck posted:

Actually, there is just some overlap from the hospital zone there, so the wall should be fine.

In another unrelated note; i just finished reading through gemclod. I wasn't following it at the time but god drat i should have, what an amazing read. I'm seeing a lot of the same names hanging out in this thread and i want to thank you all for writing that.

Bit of a shame that charlie72 just let my dwarf die of thirst on top of the giant robot, but oh well, at least i must have had a good view of all the carnage outside :).

By God I was expecting him to die a horrible death when Slitheredlow showed up but his dwarf made up for his entire rather poorly edited turn and the giant flood by buying the dwarves a few more months.

• Locked thread