Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

Got my tickets as an early birthday present, I am really looking forward to this show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Felt like spending 13bux Felt inspired to change my av and username to something awesome.

An excellent choice -- the sponsors are all awesome and that's one of my favorites.

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

Mr. Yuk posted:

I was at the 8pm show in Seattle tonight, and godDAMN can Cecil command a crowd. He had everyone in the palm of his hand from the moment he walked out.

This, holy poo poo. I was at the same show, and it was hands down one of the best shows I've been to. That's an awfully hollow superlative from an arbitrary internet person but I've been to a lot of really great shows, and this was one of the best things I've ever seen in my life. It's pretty late in the game to tell you guys this, but if you haven't yet gotten tickets to a show in your area, obtain them no matter what the cost.

Also I got a certain shirt that I was almost certain was out of stock :neckbeard:

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug
This episode was absolutely wonderful. "Good practice for them" both gave me chills, and had me laughing. Great delivery, great writing, you folks are just the best :3: I really love the long, slow burn on the ongoing story.

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug
Just chiming in to say that the new episode is god drat amazing, and the live one is also fantastic. Yesterday was a rough day at work but a double helping of your bizarre and wonderful universe and Cecil's soothing voice did me a world of good :3:

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Actually, with the current "season" done, and the tour schedule heating up... are we in for a bit of a hiatus on new shows?

The team has been producing super high quality new material at an astonishing clip (when you think about how much work goes in to writing a high quality ~20m script), and with all of the touring and working on the book and everything on top of that, they definitely deserve a break.

That said, and this is completely selfish, I hope there is not a hiatus on new shows. I love WTNV so much, every new episode feels a tiny bit like Christmas morning for me. BACK TO WORK! SUFFER FOR MY UNCEASING DELIGHT :orks101:

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

Sandweed posted:

What is the story here? A tmblr con?

Here's a link that explains some of it:
http://happierman.tumblr.com/post/91567505339/apologies-to-fans-in-northern-illinois

And a more general news story:
http://thegeekiary.com/dashcon-disaster-welcome-to-night-vale-walks-out-more/14730

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

Annakie posted:

adorable 12-ish year old girl

What a great story :3: you're all so nice.

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

Crain posted:

I didn't think the weather was that bad. Didn't really fit the episode, but it wasn't terrible. Unless there's some other reason the song/band sucks that I don't know about.

I really like Against Me a lot, and it was a neat surprise to hear them in the weather rotation. Also, good episode this week!

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug
This is just one man's opinion but the Seattle live show tonight was really fun and kicked a lot of rear end.

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

cptn_dr posted:

My favourite weather is still "Promise to The Moon" from The Debate. Jason Webley is the best.

I got to see him live during the Librarian tour, it was absolutely awesome :cool:

He also played a really great song about giraffes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

Drunk Tomato posted:

I was there.

And yes... amazing night, all. Definitely some of the best writing I've heard on the show so far. Awesome mandolin(?) skills, Earwicker. Also, loved the surprise Jason Webley appearance, too! I've been a fan of that guy for almost twenty years.

I was also there and it was loving phenominal. I can't wait for the live recording so I can re-listen to it. It was exquisitely well written, and the last bit after the weather was especially outstanding.