Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Isaac was the focus of that scene, but Scott was actually really well done there despite having one line. Great use of body language. Also, I didn't notice first time around but I think he's doing the pain-taking thing at the start of the scene before Deaton explains it to Isaac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MikeJF posted:

Isaac was the focus of that scene, but Scott was actually really well done there despite having one line. Great use of body language. Also, I didn't notice first time around but I think he's doing the pain-taking thing at the start of the scene before Deaton explains it to Isaac.

It's strange to me that in a compartmentalized sense, some things on Teen Wolf are just... exceptionally well done. It's just interspersed throughout a show that also has an immense amount of silly stuff. And more than that, a little bit of a red herring problem. The season finale could be the lead writer sitting in a chair trying to explain the answer to everything and he still wouldn't have enough time.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
I still ship Sterek FOREVER. FOREVER>

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Azure_Horizon posted:

I still ship Sterek FOREVER. FOREVER>

I'm at risk of becoming like mad tumblrfans by speculating on such a topic, but I really get the impression they're setting up a Stiles/Lydia/Erika triangle for season three, what with her saying she used to be into him and then the whole Batman thing a few episodes ago when she was hurt. Possibly pushed by Derek, since the 'I have someone else in mind for you' hasn't come back otherwise - you'd expect it to be Scott, but there's been no hint of any attempt at that.

Ah well, who knows. Maybe Sterek will happen. And it'll turn out the person Derek had in mind for Erika was Lydia. And then Isaac and Scott will capitalise on that aforementioned chemistry and Jackson will admit that he wants his bromance with Danny to be something more. Maybe. :allears:

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Aug 9, 2012

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MikeJF posted:

Ah well, who knows. Maybe Sterek will happen. And it'll turn out the person Derek had in mind for Erika was Lydia. And then Isaac and Scott will capitalise on that aforementioned chemistry and Jackson will admit that he wants his bromance with Danny to be something more. Maybe. :allears:

Listen to this poster.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

MikeJF posted:

I'm at risk of becoming like mad tumblrfans by speculating on such a topic, but I really get the impression they're setting up a Stiles/Lydia/Erika triangle for season three, what with her saying she used to be into him and then the whole Batman thing a few episodes ago when she was hurt. Possibly pushed by Derek, since the 'I have someone else in mind for you' hasn't come back otherwise - you'd expect it to be Scott, but there's been no hint of any attempt at that.

Teen Wolf becomes Gay Wolf.

So down.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Azure_Horizon posted:

So down.

Look, it'd be catering to their primary audience.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

MikeJF posted:

Look, it'd be catering to their primary audience.

Exactly. And it will still manage to be an addictive and cheesy show.

And it would just be right for Colton Haynes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Azure_Horizon posted:

So down.

I'm pretty sure it's already Gay Wolf, they just need to realize the audience already knows. It's time to embrace it. Come out of the closet, Teen Wolf. We support you.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Pick posted:

I'm pretty sure it's already Gay Wolf, they just need to realize the audience already knows. It's time to embrace it. Come out of the closet, Teen Wolf. We support you.

Colton Haynes first. Then Teen Wolf.

Then Jackson goes gay for Danny.

It's just the way life should happen.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Azure_Horizon posted:

Colton Haynes first. Then Teen Wolf.

Then Jackson goes gay for Danny.

It's just the way life should happen.

I'd have to have the thread renamed in celebration.

Teen Wolf: Murderous Lizard Redeemed by Hot Gay Makeouts

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Read some old spoiler chat that confirms Isaac won't die. That's good at least.

Also this is totally random but I sometimes get major Wolf's Rain vibes from this show. They're quite different but I kinda like them both the same.

Azure_Horizon fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 10, 2012

erazure
Oct 23, 2005

So Jeff Davis tweeted "an important clue about the finale," which is... some random key or some poo poo.

Familiar? Totally confused? Somebody tracked down that it's... ... probably the the same key to Jackson's house that Lydia had during their conversation during the end of Venomous.

Though personally I'm hoping it's actually Danny's key to Jackson's house, which makes sense because Gay Wolf :allears: so HE gets to do the LOOK INTO YOUR HEART AND REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE JACKSON poo poo instead of her, and anyway Davis has been throwing around redherring after redherring this season so why not?

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
That's without a doubt the same key.

Also, yeah, the biggest problem with Season 2 has been the amount of red herrings, but it was an overall improvement over the first season. Here's hoping that with 24 episodes Jeff Davis has a LOT less reason to have so many red herrings in Season 3.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, given that spoiler totally gonna be Lydia pulling Jackson back from the brink, not Danny. Ah well.

Hopefully in season three the space lets him throw in red herrings that are complete plotlines on their own as well.

erazure
Oct 23, 2005

Of course, that totally removes a roadblock keeping us from Sterek.

GAY WOLF OR BUST.

erazure fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Aug 11, 2012

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

erazure posted:

Of course, if that leads to a lasting relationship for them next season, that totally removes a roadblock keeping us from Sterek.

GAY WOLF OR BUST.

I'd be really disappointed if Gay Wolf doesn't happen at all during Season 3 given that Jeff Davis is gay and the fanbase.

Even hinting at Sterek would make more people tune in.

But we've already mined this discussion to death I think.

Azure_Horizon fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 11, 2012

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Azure_Horizon posted:

Also, yeah, the biggest problem with Season 2 has been the amount of red herrings, but it was an overall improvement over the first season. Here's hoping that with 24 episodes Jeff Davis has a LOT less reason to have so many red herrings in Season 3.
I think calling them red herrings is inaccurate. Sure, they were misdirections from the question of Who Controls the Kanina, but they all wound up being greater plot points in the over-arching mythology. If anything was a red herring, it's the Kanima plot-line itself, since all it did was to add a wildcard to the Scott-Argent-Hale conflict.

erazure
Oct 23, 2005

Slamhound posted:

I think calling them red herrings is inaccurate. Sure, they were misdirections from the question of Who Controls the Kanina, but they all wound up being greater plot points in the over-arching mythology. If anything was a red herring, it's the Kanima plot-line itself, since all it did was to add a wildcard to the Scott-Argent-Hale conflict.

Misleading clues = red herrings. The identity of the kanima was heavily and repeatedly misdirected by stuff related to Lydia, often in a way that only the viewer could piece together. Sure, the clues ended up showing her being crazy and immune; and sure, that has its own meaning to the story, but not to the mystery of the identity, which was the one being actively pursued over multiple episodes by the majority of the cast. The idiom still fits, but I get your point.

Mr. Harris' car/bumper sticker was more acutely a red herring for the identity of the master. The viewer gets clues, and the characters pick up on it, even. And these "clues" in no way explained after the big truth reveal beyond Stiles declaring he "must've stolen Harris' car to frame him for the murders!"

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy wild conjecture (obviously), but when every mystery follows the pattern of clues being solidly framed as clues (even for audience-only information) that end up being false, and the truth was more or less impossible to deduce without information that wasn't given out, I find it gets a wee bit tiresome.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I for one enjoy the fact that Mr. Harris or his car have been tangentially related to each season's whodunit.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I don't mind the red hearings in this show, they at least seem plausible at one point or another. And by seasons end I'd rather have suspected everyone at one point than to have figured it out by episode 2 and be irritated the rest of the season no one on the show figured it out.

So I'm guessing by calling out someones 'true christian name' means they are going to have to find out what Jacksons bio-mom was going to name him? Or is it going to be as easy as just calling him Jackson?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I think that was just a 'legend with a hint of truth' - they need to appeal to his identity.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I guess I'd just be disappointed if they don't go Gay Wolf on us somehow, because seriously, the lead writer wants to do it. The fans want him to do it. It would attract more viewers. And it probably wouldn't lose any, because if you were a giant homophobe, why the gently caress would you be watching this show where shirtless guys always seem just about ready to blow each other?

And if it's Lydia, I don't like the abuse vibes. Jackson's been an utter poo poo to her. She's too good for that.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Pick posted:

And if it's Lydia, I don't like the abuse vibes. Jackson's been an utter poo poo to her. She's too good for that.

I agree with you that if Lydia went total dark side villain I'd support her 100%. Never has someone had more justification than her. Characters have got bad for a hell of a lot less!

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Next season better be the year of Lydia, goddammit.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

KilGrey posted:

I agree with you that if Lydia went total dark side villain I'd support her 100%. Never has someone had more justification than her. Characters have got bad for a hell of a lot less!

It's been a tough last half-season to be a Lydia fan. She's still my favorite but it felt like such a slap in the face when she just... showed up to the game. HELLO? SUPPORT STRUCTURE? WHERE ARE YOU???? At this point Derek knows some poo poo went down, I guess he's been kinda busy though herpa derpa loving idiot.

Peter's right: no one gives her a break but this girl is tough as nails. I expect Schemin' Peter to be Season 3 Part I's big bad, but Lydia would be an excellent Season 3 Part II Big Big Bad. Actually, I expect they'll team up due to earlier foreshadowing and jesus christ from her point of view why not. He might be messing with her brain, but that still makes him one of the most honest characters towards her!

"Allison help, I really need you right now :(."
"It's not all about you <:mad:>. I need this page translated into archaic Latin!! It's for an online video game."

Pick fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 11, 2012

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Gay Wolf: Further proof that the actors want it to happen.

quote:

Wetpaint Entertainment: Are Scott and Allison going to make it?
Tyler Posey: Love conquers all, right? But who knows, if there’s a Season 3, I don’t know. I don’t know what’s going to happen. I want to be with Colton. I hope Scott and Jackson finally get together. I think that’s a possibility. You know the butting heads? I think it’s really flirting — sexual tension.

Move over Sterek, there's something hotter! Scon? Scolt? I'm terrible at coming up with squish names.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Who doesn't want proof they've made out with Colton Haynes?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Thematically, it would be most in character to have Jackson making out with himself. Bring on the shapeshifters for season 3.

Actually, for a show like this I was thinking, there's been a huge paucity of supernatural creatures. I think in total over two years we've seen seven werewolves and one kanema. They're very restrained in terms of introducing new stuff.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

SilentChaz posted:

Gay Wolf: Further proof that the actors want it to happen.

Move over Sterek, there's something hotter! Scon? Scolt? I'm terrible at coming up with squish names.

Why can't we just have both? Scott and Jackson are stupid hot too so it would be fine. Scolt and Sterek forever!

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Pick posted:

I guess I'd just be disappointed if they don't go Gay Wolf on us somehow, because seriously, the lead writer wants to do it. The fans want him to do it. It would attract more viewers.

They aren't going to go full on Gay Wolf because it alienates too many people. You hint at it so crazy women can write their slash-fic, but you don't full out own it because then they lose the illusion they could still nail those guys if it ever came down to it. And crazy female slash-fic writers are by far the most die hard fans in world. They make random internet geeks that vote on online polls look like milk sucking babies. And if you get in the way of their ships they will eat that baby.

The pure teenage girls and impure middle age moms demand Bi-Curious Wolf, and no further.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Boogaleeboo posted:

They aren't going to go full on Gay Wolf because it alienates too many people. You hint at it so crazy women can write their slash-fic, but you don't full out own it because then they lose the illusion they could still nail those guys if it ever came down to it. And crazy female slash-fic writers are by far the most die hard fans in world. They make random internet geeks that vote on online polls look like milk sucking babies. And if you get in the way of their ships they will eat that baby.

The pure teenage girls and impure middle age moms demand Bi-Curious Wolf, and no further.

Well that's just completely lame, and I'd hesitate probably not true considering the majority of the show's fanbase is gay, most likely. Anything is better than Scott and Allison being together.

VVV It is kinda dumb because they're brothers.

Azure_Horizon fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 12, 2012

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

I made a comment once on a Supernatural youtube video that was shipping the brothers together as it being stupid. That was two years ago and I still get replies to it from people flipping the gently caress out on me. It's the only reason I even still remember making that comment in the first place. It wasn't even a vitriolic comment to begin with.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I can seriously not stress this enough: Do not gently caress with women who write slash-fic. Don't do it. Their crazy is infinitely stronger than whatever you bring to the table, even if what you bring to the table is a gun. They are two, three generations away from being able to harness their crazy into a beam they will fire at people that don't understand them. They will crucify you on the lawns of the writers' houses. It is not worth it.

You deal with them as you would a violent, wild animal. Just stay out of their territory and let them do what they do.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Boogaleeboo posted:

I can seriously not stress this enough: Do not gently caress with women who write slash-fic. Don't do it. Their crazy is infinitely stronger than whatever you bring to the table, even if what you bring to the table is a gun. They are two, three generations away from being able to harness their crazy into a beam they will fire at people that don't understand them. They will crucify you on the lawns of the writers' houses. It is not worth it.

You deal with them as you would a violent, wild animal. Just stay out of their territory and let them do what they do.

Well, because Sterek hasn't happened in-show yet... I read them. I feel bad, but I read them, if only to imagine.

But there are some that are seriously hosed up. Like including dog knots into the situation. Ugghhh what?

VVV If you've had a dog in your life, you have a chance of knowing what it is. Otherwise, stay away. Stay very away.

Azure_Horizon fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Aug 12, 2012

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dog K- don't know, don't wanna know.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Incidentally, I think I figured why they introduced the 'Matt slowly turning Kanema' element. It's as a reason that Peter Hale has planned to take control of Jackson/Kanema through a mind-controlled proxy (Lydia, after she wuvs Jackson into leaving Gerard and transferring to her) rather than directly himself. So he'll be shielded from consequences.

Season three shenanigans ensue.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Boogaleeboo posted:

I think that was true for a time, but people are fatigued. Gay sexual tension that never gets realized is old hat. It exploits the curiosity of a few people, but not as impressively as it used to--if you want to make headlines, you need more than that these days. Also, the people working on the show right now have an incentive to jump that bridge--not on everyone of course, but one or two couples would hardly sink the "could I bang this man?" vibe.

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
They should just give a solid romantic interest to Danny (a la Isaac). That way, Danny gets more involved with the main cast and both get more screen time. Win win!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacerta
Oct 17, 2005

Baby, tonight the world belongs to you and I.
Someone said that Sterek would be creepy because of the age difference. Just for a point of reference, how old was Buffy when she started swapping spit with a centuries-old vampire? I guess that's creepy, too.

Fine, we're all creepy for wanting Sterek.

• Locked thread