Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
Oh, God, this show... These past few episodes, I feel like I've been on a roller coaster at the end of each one. I honestly don't know how they're going to wrap everything up with just 3 more episodes (right?), but if they're moving to a 23-episode season, does that mean it's going to start in the fall/winter/spring run?

The thing I never understood from the first season was this: if Scott was under the impression that killing the alpha would "cure" him, why was he so against Derek killing Peter?

Stiles and Derek would make a cuter possibility than Jackson and Derek, IMO. I think it's been pretty awesome that this show is so receptive to its GLBT audience. Why aim for the women, when you can get the women AND gay men? :)

Personally, I think Victoria got what was coming to her. It was a crappy situation all around, but I'm glad they didn't go through the tedious will she? or won't she? trope.

(Lastly, why is so much of the commentary spoiled in this thread?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate

Azure_Horizon posted:

Isaac shot up in attractiveness this episode, and he was fuckin' adorable.

Just freakin' aww. :3:

Scott and Isaac have had more chemistry in this one episode than Scott and Alison have had all season. Just saying.

Sucks that they haven't really done much with Isaac this season. But--Danny and Isaac, anyone? It seems like there have been a few seeds planted of Isaac possibly liking guys: abusive father, trying to "distract" Jackson with a kiss at the club (albeit with Erica), living in a hole, etc...

OK, just kidding about the last one, but seriously, the guidance counselor says Isaac has been a runaway, and all of a sudden he shows up at the lacrosse game, and no one notices?

And I just realized Daniel Sharman was in the Immortals as Ares. Holy Jesus, he's ripped. Him and Keahu Kahuanui would make an illegally hot couple.

PappasKurtz fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 9, 2012

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
They should just give a solid romantic interest to Danny (a la Isaac). That way, Danny gets more involved with the main cast and both get more screen time. Win win!

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
If I'm not mistaken, didn't Papa Argent release Erica, Boyd, and Stiles?

I'm really disappointed they're moving production from Atlanta to Los Angeles. The only reason they were in Atlanta was because of a tax credit--really? Really? :(

I think the finale was a little rushed, too. I hope a full 23-episode season will help with fleshing out the minor story lines. The show seems to suffer from OMG-WHAT'S-GOING-TO-HAPPEN-NEXT-WEEK?!?! syndrome due to the short season, and with such anticipation building every week, it makes it really hard to satisfy all the hype for the finale.

I'm glad we finally see Jackson werewolf. :) Right before Scott made Derek bite Gerard, did Derek say something about Gerard becoming Scott's alpha or something?

KilGrey posted:

Not to mention I wouldn't mind Erika going a bit ape poo poo on Allison. Now that would be an awkward hallway meeting between classes.

Allison pisses me off, honestly. I think she gets away with everything because she's supposed to be innocent and manipulated, but it annoys me how dumb she can be sometimes.

PappasKurtz fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 15, 2012

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate

Hmm, I remember reading an article from twitter as well about Davis mentioning something about Isaac and Scott becoming closer in season three. Also mentioned in the same breath was something about Stiles and Scott's friendship being tested.

Hell, let Lydia and Jackson take Scott and Allison's place as the token power couple of the show (for a season, or half). Bring on Scott and Isaac. :3:

Ahh, here it is: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/08/teen-wolf-season-3-spoilers-what-to-expect-from-showrunner-jeff-davis.html

quote:

But Isaac (Daniel Sharman) may threaten that friendship a bit in Season 3. "Isaac is going to be a big part of next season," he confirms. "It's fun when we have chemistry that appears between actors, and Daniel has really good chemistry with Tyler Posey, so we're going to be exploring that, and there's going to be a struggle with Scott and Stiles, to see if their friendship can remain as strong."

:dance:

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
So I was bored and I stumbled upon a tumbler seemingly dedicated to compiling all of the signs that point to Colton Haynes being gay: http://coltonhaynesinfo.tumblr.com/ As a fan, I just have to say, Come on, man! Zachary Quinto? Jerreth Ludwig? It sounds like his sexuality is the best worst-kept secret around the set.

I'm optimistic Colton Haynes will return to Teen Wolf. Maybe it'll happen after he comes out of the closet. From tweets I've read from Jeff Davis, they're leaving it open so that he could possibly return after Jackson's exit "transition" completes.

This one is my favorite: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkwjbioAtn1qarksao1_1280.jpg :3:

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
The guy who was killed off at the beginning of the episode, Jesy Mckinney, was also the face model for Ellis in Left 4 Dead 2. Hooray for video game ties!

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
I'm wondering, are we really to think that the twin and toenail alpha don't know that Deucalion killed Ennis? I'm pretty sure they could see that his face had not been crushed when they brought him in...

Anyone also notice that Scott's injury was right where the tattoo they're always trying to cover up? I wonder if someone was trying to poke fun at Tyler or something for having that tattoo there.

PappasKurtz fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 6, 2013

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
Does anyone understand what Alexander Argent says before committing suicide? I know it's French, and I can understand French usually, but this time I can't. Is it "Forgive me?"

I also believe they're splitting the 23 episode season into two arcs, so we're probably going to see the alpha pack settled in one and the druid settled in another.

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
I'm pretty sure the twins' super power is magically putting shirts on when they need it.

They're really trimming on the werewolves...first Erica and now Boyd. Oh God, Isaac! :ohdear: It was stupendous to see Isaac still hanging out the McCall household. Gosh, adorable.

So, mountain ash is supposed to repel the supernatural...are we to think that the evil druid is immune to mountain ash, or someone is working with the druid?

PappasKurtz fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jul 17, 2013

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate

Daric posted:

Why didn't Scott just push the table across the room underneath Deaton? I don't think mountain ash repels tables

Didn't Peter try to throw a table at Deaton in season one over the mountain ash fence, but it merely shattered like nothing happened?

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
When was Boyd sympathetic to Scott?

Also, the Fenris post just made me realize they must be ready to introduce a third "faction." Anything think warriors are the werewolves, hunters are the rogues, and we're about to have mages? If I'm not mistaken, Jeff Davis said that they'd be gradually introducing more supernatural creatures.

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
So, it seems like Talia was the matriarch/alpha of the Hale clan before Kate set fire to the manor? Afterwhich, Laura inherited it, followed by Peter. Is there an implication that the more wolf-like the alpha form is, the more powerful? That sure would explain a lot of Derek's, um, mishaps.

What is it with single parents on this show, anyway? What about Derek's father, or Scott's? I wonder if they're going to flesh it out at some point, or if they're just going to leave this as a motif for the show. Honestly, it seems a little bit like lazy writing to me.

Regarding Peter's tempting of Derek to turn Paige, are we to think Peter had some malicious intent behind it, or did was he genuinely concerned for Derek? What would Peter get out of Paige turning?

And on that note, does it seem like a target's willingness makes a difference with regard to the bite? Isaac, Boyd, and Erica were all willing (according to Derek), whereas Paige clearly was not. That seems to be the discernible difference for all bitten wolves so far. Or is it just like the joining with Grey Wardens? (Sorry, I can't stop making DA references now that there are emissaries, and GIDEON EMERY, and *cough* mages *cough* druids.)

It seems like Kate's actions against the Hales would be the devastating strike against all the werewolf packs in Beacon Hills. With Talia gone, does it look like all the packs went to werewolf anarchy?

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate

MikeJF posted:

Scott wasn't willing. And if that was a factor you'd think it would've been known about. Peter claims it's pretty random.

Ah yes, that's true. Scott did have some type of physical ailment that needed mending, though (his asthma). He was also on the outskirts of popularity. Boyd was lonely, Isaac was abused, Erica had her epilepsy. Paige just seemed perfect. And the Argents always kill themselves before they can find out.

Let's not talk about Jackson; he was clearly special.

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
What episode did they talk about the girl or woman found being slashed? I totally missed that detail of the episode... :(

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
Ah, I remember that part, but how did Stiles' dad get the lead to search the records? Was it from Stiles himself, or did the sheriff just piece it together from Stiles mentioning the darach? Or did I miss something during the flashback episode?

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
I've been rewatching some of the earlier episodes and I just realized that they got rid of the stupid all-fours running from seasons 1 and 2. Now it seems like they're doing the Twilight-style vampire-speed running, but of the two, I suppose it's more realistic. The all-fours thing really seemed like a counter-evolutionary downgrade. But then again, CGI speed-running still looks off.

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
I'm really worried about Isaac. :ohdear: If Jeff Davis kills Isaac, we should bombard him with scarves in protest. :mad: A la the peanuts/CBS/Jericho protest a few years back.

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
Ugh, as much delicious drama it would cause, I don't wanna see a triangle between Scott, Allison, and Isaac. Wasn't a love triangle a tiresomely drawn-out thing on True Blood?

And not when Scott and Isaac are so bromantic. The way Isaac was all "Not without Scott!" when Peter rushed him to leave was so :3: . Dylan O'Brian was right at the Comic Con panel. Forget Sterek, it's all about Scisaac now!

I'm with Azure_Horizon: Derek has really been a punching bag this season. Is he really so gullible to fall for a Kate-like seduction AGAIN?

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate

MikeJF posted:

Derek's been a punching bag his entire ridiculously tragic life. To be fair, it's not exactly like there was any possible reason to suspct Jennifer.

Well, I was referring to the fact that Derek still seemed to give her the benefit of the doubt after he learned she was the darach. Sure, she manipulated everyone into helping her, but Derek seemed to let his guard down when he was in that elevator with her.

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
With how Derek is "healing" Cora, does that mean Cora will be the alpha now?

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
It seems like Deucalion has some cheat stick that can penetrate mountain ash. Or else, shouldn't that have been the very first the thing other alphas have tried? Or am I wrong to assume that mountain ash stops the actions of supernatural creatures?

Not that the show should make a big deal out of race, but I think casting has done a really good job with Scott's parents. Scott is clearly mixed and given that Melissa seems to be racially ambiguous, it seems like we know where the name McCall comes from. But, why would Melissa keep her husband's name after a divorce? Do women do that? Or is it more likely that McCall is Melissa's maiden name and I'm making silly assumptions?

Still also hate how the show keeps shoving Isaac and Allison together. Would've much rather had Isaac be Scott's anchor, but alas.

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
8 years ago seems to be the magic number where all these life-changing turn of events seemed to happen. Stiles's mother dying, Chris and Gerard finding the Nemoton, Derek and Paige. I'm guessing that was when Scott's parents got divorced, too? Or did I make that up?

When Scott becomes alpha, Stiles should definitely become the emissary. You aren't born an emissary, are you? I don't think I'm totally clear on the role of an emissary versus a Druid. Morrell spoke of "balance." I wonder if that is balance between packs, between factions, or between supernatural forces?

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
I found the letter on tumbler (nothing spoilerish):

Jeff Davis posted:

Hey Teen Wolf Fans,

So a lot of you have probably noticed the finale leaked on iTunes. My producers and I saw it and downloaded it ourselves in the middle of the night. We had a few nervous breakdowns, tore some of our hair out, furiously wrung our hands and screamed out loud “How did this happen?!”

Regardless, we’re making a plea to you, all the great fans who have supported us from the first season, to not ruin the surprise for others who haven’t yet seen it and to still watch live if you can. As much as we love to think of ourselves as artists just here to entertain, this is all still a business and those ratings are what keep us making the best TV we can for incredible fans like you.

I was walking around set yesterday and saw over two hundred people working two different units, shooting actors on various sets. There were people laughing, enjoying themselves, but also knowing they would be working late into the night to get as many great shots and performances as they could. I love this cast and crew like family and would love to be able to come back to them on Tuesday morning and say “Your hard work has paid off guys. We did our best ratings yet.”

As always, we owe everything to you, the fans!

Thanks for the support. The cast will be live tweeting Monday night to share in the surprises with you.

Love,

Jeff

I think the guy is great and this show is awesome. Come on, everyone!

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate

Slamhound posted:

I was disappointed the twins weren't killed, not because I wanted them dead, but because that was an awesome fight-ending neck-snap.

I also thought it was weird that they were willing to let Deucalion go. He and Jennifer were both dangerous Big Bads, but Jennifer's motives were more legitimate. Someone bent on revenge is easier to deal with than a power hungry lunatic. Particularly considering that putting the kibosh on Deucalion would have satisfied Jennifer whereas the reverse is clearly not the case. In fact, the primary motivation for Jennifer's revenge was loyalty to the pack whereas Deucalion's is betrayal of the pack.

But nevertheless, good finale.

I think Jennifer basically descended into psychopathy, so there wasn't going back for her, and like someone had mentioned, Jennifer wasn't going to stop with Deucalion. Deucalion has been depowered since his pack was killed and the twins are with Scott, and Deucalion seemed to be a good man before he went blind. Now that he can see, he can literally see the light and the error of his ways? The metaphor is pretty heavy-handed but not unlike this show IMO.

I found a cute tidbit here. God, I love Daniel Sharman's accent. And Tyler Posey is adorable as usual. So, Isaac can't die. He can't.

Not before he gets with Scott. Then maybe it clears the way for Allison again, blah blah blah.

But really, they need to just make Daniel Sharman a regular. And keep him away from Allison. I'd take any hint of Scisaac over Isaac and Allison any day.

Pick posted:

He can take one tragic romance, Lydia would be on number three. Jackson splits, the cute boy-next-door is actually an evil werewolf ghost, and then blammo! No more straight twin!

Well, young Peter was imaginary. So, that doesn't really count, does it?

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
So there's a preview of episode 13, Season 3B. And it's loving hilarious. link.

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate

Torrannor posted:

That's a bit harsh. But only a bit. Shipping is not always about sex. Only like 95%!

Still, stay away from them.

One thing I wondered: If Deaton had kanima poison left, why did he bother to fly to Japan and gather that vulpina-something stuff if he could just have paralyzed Stiles with the kanima poison?

I'm pretty sure he didn't fly to Japan. Isn't it the gang dark Stiles used to frame Chris Argent? With the finger cuff?

Also, people are already speculating that Deputy Parish is Isaac's long lost brother, Camden. As much as it doesn't make sense, I hope it's true just so that Isaac survives to season 4. I mean, how the flip are you going to have Camden without Isaac?

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
That makes sense. Where did the incriminating finger cuff that Agent McCall found come from though?

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
I'm not so sure that the entire incident with Stiles and Malia in the basement actually happened. I think it was a trick for the nogitsune to "break in."

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
This discussion on consent is really mute, too, if the scene was all actually a hallucination.

Melissa Ponzio tweeted that she was impressed that Jeff Davis was able to "hide something in plain sight" or something like that within the episode. My hunch is that the moment "Malia" broke into the room onwards was all a hallucination.

Remember all the dream-within-a-dream sequences from the very first episode of this half-season? What if Malia breaking in was just the nogitsune assuming a more benevolent form? It also clearly seems to be able to affect others, a la Oliver.

My roommate told me Chris Argent's visitor was his mother. What? How could I miss that?

Also, it's interesting that we're in another situation where a text in another language is being interpreted by someone whose skill in that language is rusty. Remember Lydia in season 2 with the bestiary, where "friend" was actually "master"? Surely, Scott will bring the scroll to Kira or her mother or something--someone who actually knows Japanese!

Does anyone know Japanese and could give insights on what the characters for "change" and "body" could also mean or imply? "Change the body" made Scott immediately jump to the bite, but I wonder if "change" really means the sense of "transfer"--as in, the nogitsune needs another host or can only be contained in another host. I wonder about "body" as well--perhaps body in the sense of "pack"?

I have a hunch that all three are possessed and we will gradually see the effects of those possessions in their ascending order of strength. Stiles, Allison, and Scott all have open doors, and if the end-of-season trailer is to be believed, werewolves are not immune to possession...

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
The only way Chris' reveal/reentry into the episode could've been better is if Isaac was there beside him, shotgun in hand in all his hunter learned ways. :(

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
(Jordan) Parrish is probably another banshee or something. Or maybe a druid. Something that seems to get banshee mojo going.

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
The Parrish exchange with Stiles and Lydia about the deadpool list was golden. Certainly helped continue to clarify those numbers. Surely, I wasn't the only one who thought those single digits were not in the millions, was I?

"I'm worth five dollars?"

"Five million."

"I make forty thousand a year. Maybe I should kill myself."

Also, phoenix, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
Jesus, anyone get the feeling that the Parrish-Argent moment in the tunnel was originally meant to be an Isaac-Argent faux father-son moment? :(

• Locked thread