Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
Don't play that stupid dumb game that the dude linked and play Flippin' Dead instead (By Juicy Beast, same people that did Knightmare Tower and Buffalo Bison)

http://www.kongregate.com/games/JuicyBeast/flippin-dead

Upside: The gameplay is extremely addicting for how simple it is, and all the unlockables you earn though quests only help that fact

Downside: There are no unlockables to buy, and once you complete all the quests it's just a high score rush.

It's pretty fun, but I was hoping to something more to it. There's what feels like an end-game enemy, but when you beat it you don't get anything besides around 30k points, which doesn't mean much if you don't care about just high scores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

syscall girl posted:

Not a Flash game, I know, but Happy Halloween bump.

I just tried this and the code was invalid. Did anyone get it to work?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

CyberLord XP posted:

I just tried this and the code was invalid. Did anyone get it to work?

Sorry about that, I used it and immediately got an email with a download link. And the give-away hasn't expired yet. Maybe go through whatever rigamarole they want you to do and get another? :shrug:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Dickweasel Alpha posted:

Don't play that stupid dumb game that the dude linked and play Flippin' Dead instead (By Juicy Beast, same people that did Knightmare Tower and Buffalo Bison)

Upside: The gameplay is extremely addicting for how simple it is, and all the unlockables you earn though quests only help that fact

Downside: There are no unlockables to buy, and once you complete all the quests it's just a high score rush.

It's pretty fun, but I was hoping to something more to it. There's what feels like an end-game enemy, but when you beat it you don't get anything besides around 30k points, which doesn't mean much if you don't care about just high scores

Listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
Has bit Dungeon been mentioned here? It's a simplistic mouse only rogue-like. Right now there doesn't really seem to be a goal other than surviving as long as possible for a high score, which eventually gets pretty hard. I noticed that the author has been constantly updating it to flesh out the game though.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

voting third party posted:

Has bit Dungeon been mentioned here? It's a simplistic mouse only rogue-like. Right now there doesn't really seem to be a goal other than surviving as long as possible for a high score, which eventually gets pretty hard. I noticed that the author has been constantly updating it to flesh out the game though.

Thanks for mentioning this. I played the hell out of it and really enjoyed it, but I had no idea it was being worked on so frequently.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

syscall girl posted:

Sorry about that, I used it and immediately got an email with a download link. And the give-away hasn't expired yet. Maybe go through whatever rigamarole they want you to do and get another? :shrug:

I am a dumb and got it to work, I was just doing it wrong.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Dickweasel Alpha posted:

This freezes for a second every minute and it's pissing me off.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

Worked fine for me. You might try right-clicking on it, going to 'Settings', and de-selecting 'Enable Hardware Acceleration'. I used to have similar symptom withs other games, and that seems to always fix it.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

Make sure you're not playing with the Kongregate main page up. For some reason their rotating game banner completely fucks with the framerate of any other game I'm playing.

skibunny402
Nov 4, 2009
I got the PvZ download to work. I entered an email and the code and they sent the email. Make sure if you're using a pop-up blocker that you either turn it off or allow the link. Good luck!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Not a flash game, but it might interest people here. MIT's Game Lab released A Slower Speed of Light, wherein you play the role of a recently-departed spirit who has to slow down light in order to join the afterlife. It's a very simple game, just collect the orbs, each one slows light a little more, and thus you can explore the effects of traveling at relativistic speeds.

Free download for Mac/Windows.

http://gamelab.mit.edu/games/a-slower-speed-of-light/

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

syscall girl posted:

Not a Flash game

Bad Munki posted:

Not a flash game
There's a freeware thread in Games. Maybe a link could go in the OP?

Both of those games are cool, by the way.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
What is a good scrabble-like game? I didn't see suggestions on the first page.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Super House of Dead Ninjas (AC) (PL?) from Adult Swim seemed fun. Apparently a sequel, it is kind of like Spelunky meets Ninja Gaiden, on speed. There's a little upgrade system, too. I really liked it until the area near 150 where they introduce hidden enemies.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Doom Goon posted:

Super House of Dead Ninjas (AC) (PL?) from Adult Swim seemed fun. Apparently a sequel, it is kind of like Spelunky meets Ninja Gaiden, on speed. There's a little upgrade system, too. I really liked it until the area near 150 where they introduce hidden enemies.

Just tried it, gently caress the controls. ASDW for life. :colbert:

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

Action-Bastard posted:

Just tried it, gently caress the controls. ASDW for life. :colbert:

Go into the options, you can remap buttons.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Doom Goon posted:

There's a very obvious sound effect that gives those guys away, and if you look carefully you can see their eyes glowing in the background while they're stealthed. Yeah, they'll kill you the first few times you run into them, but they dont really slow you down at all later on, and that's kind of the style of the game.

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

helopticor posted:

There's a freeware thread in Games. Maybe a link could go in the OP?

Both of those games are cool, by the way.

Thanks, edited OP.

Didn't get a Halloween collection up in time but hoping to get Thanksgiving and Christmas up. Work and WoW have been eating up my time.

Mu Cow
Oct 26, 2003

Farbtoner posted:

Hey guys, who wants to learn about math the fun way? :)

Frog Fractions

I feel like I'm missing something or that I'm having some big joke played on me. Is there anything to this game other than a frog eating bugs?

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mu Cow posted:

I feel like I'm missing something or that I'm having some big joke played on me. Is there anything to this game other than a frog eating bugs?

Ahahaha.

Do you have the turtle yet?

You can go left and right. Have you tried using all your movement keys?

Mu Cow
Oct 26, 2003

Dickweasel Alpha posted:

Ahahaha.

Yeah... figured this out right after I posted...

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I honestly believed that the Warp Drive can be achieved by just repeating the game over and over again. Doesn't help that in the Upgrades screen you can install and uninstall lock-on targeting again and again until you fill the whole screen. I thought I was going somewhere.

By the way, on the first stage, did anyone get the presents? I am always too far from it to ever get it.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

toanoradian posted:

I honestly believed that the Warp Drive can be achieved by just repeating the game over and over again. Doesn't help that in the Upgrades screen you can install and uninstall lock-on targeting again and again until you fill the whole screen. I thought I was going somewhere.

By the way, on the first stage, did anyone get the presents? I am always too far from it to ever get it.

Don't feel bad I ended up wasting like a hour. I thought once you finished buying lock-on/lock-on uninstall it would get fed up and give you warp drive :shobon:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I don't really know how it happened, but I seem to have gone from catching bugs with my tongue to playing a text adventure. And I'm stuck.

Okage
Feb 14, 2003
You guys should buy the dragon upgrade and next time you are in a pond shooting flys.. Go down.

I am now in an underground maze with some a dude talking about the invention of boxing.... ???

Okage has a new favorite as of 02:42 on Nov 6, 2012

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Scientastic posted:

I don't really know how it happened, but I seem to have gone from catching bugs with my tongue to playing a text adventure. And I'm stuck.

Basically, you need to enter sleep while letting the ship autopilot to Bug Mars.

How do you let the ship autopilot? Go up ladder, open the drawer and read the manual. Go down ladder and look at the glowing display. Press 'new destination'.

How do you fall asleep? go up ladder once you redirect the ship. You can't 'sleep' yet because you need perfume. Lift rug, go down hatch. Look at hole. Pick up can. Look at machine. Get tape. Take paper. Put can on machine. Look at panel. Pull lever. (Press button and pull lever to get zorkmids). Take can. Look at hole. Put tape on wire. Go up. Look at pod. Put can on hole. Sleep.

Did anyone manage to get the necessary amount of money in the last section without causing inflation?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Okage posted:

You guys should buy the dragon upgrade and next time you are in a pond shooting flys.. Go down.

I am now in an underground maze with some a dude talking about the invention of boxing.... ???

Dude, spoiler tag that! Also, you don't need the dragon to go down. You can just use the turtle.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I found a pretty :3: flash game about giraffes kissing.

Game:Casanova. (MS)
In this game, you use your mouse to control the length of your giraffe's neck. You must make sure his face touches the other giraffes' faces to ensure successful kissing. Excellent kisses will earn you points. I don't think there's an actual ending, just try to get the highest score.

V :hf: don't be disappointed, dude! At least you get a story about waffles.

toanoradian has a new favorite as of 14:17 on Nov 6, 2012

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Dickweasel Alpha posted:

Ahahaha.

gently caress.

Goddamnit. Screen full of lock-on options, too.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

http://games.co.za/music-sequencer.html

This is a fun little music sequencer, not unlike the Tenori-on. I love this thing!

Madidus
Aug 19, 2003

Nobody loves me, Nobody cares.
Into Space 2 isn't too bad. You have to try to get to mars but this time you have missions you have to complete in order to unlock more equipment. It's fun but gets tiring after the 4 hours I played last night so I'm just going to play a little bit a day now.

http://jayisgames.com/games/into-space-2/

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I'm playing Gemcraft Labyrinth, and it's pretty good. Which of the Gemcraft games is the best in the series?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

The one with the gems, and the crafting.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I like Labyrinth, because there's a lot of challenge involved to get enough upgrade points to make some really great gems, and after that it's just a race to see how many billions of points of damage you can get your amplified orange/yellow/lime tower to deal out to the 50,000 monsters you've summoned before your computer explodes.

The creator has said that he expects GemCraft 2 (which is really GemCraft 4) to be released in Q2 2013, he's been doing quite a bit of blogging about it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
whoa

has anyone checked out Super Mario Bros Crossover lately? It still says 2.0 but it's got HELLA changes. You can pick between Game Boy/SNES/NES versions of your characters, and even play as Forte/Bass or Dr. Wily!

Goddammit, I have THINGS I NEED TO DO :argh:

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
LOOT

The makers of Achievement Unlocked, etc, have created perhaps the most literal of all loot treadmill games. Destroy traincar after traincar!

Unfortunately this game lags my computer to hell, and I have a decent-at-least machine.

NorskHotDog
Oct 23, 2010

Rocketlex posted:

LOOT

The makers of Achievement Unlocked, etc, have created perhaps the most literal of all loot treadmill games. Destroy traincar after traincar!

Unfortunately this game lags my computer to hell, and I have a decent-at-least machine.

So is there any way to avoid the bomb cannons from just killing you over and over again?

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

NorskHotDog posted:

So is there any way to avoid the bomb cannons from just killing you over and over again?

Once you get into more powerful wands, it doesn't really matter. You can kill them (and everything else) in 2 seconds flat it seems like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

NorskHotDog posted:

Stay far back and double jump over them. Once your health and damage become high enough, they're no problem.

• Locked thread