Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which is the greatest camera of all time
Pentax MX
Pentax ME
Pentax ME Super
Together they form a trinity of perfection.
View Results

• Locked thread
boydx
Feb 25, 2006

No school like the old school.

Mr. Despair posted:

Ok, it's magically working fine again but I can still open it up and point stuff out.

Thank you for this. I got this camera from my grandfather after he passed and I always wanted to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boydx
Feb 25, 2006

Just wondering, I have the 50mm M 1.7 on my ME Super just now. Is the 1.4 much better in terms of image quality?

boydx
Feb 25, 2006

Mr. Despair posted:

What I generally hear is that the 1.7 is basically the same as far as sharpness is concerned, but the bokeh isn't as pleasant. If you aren't worried about shooting in the lowest light possible or anything like that I don't think the 1.4 really gives you anything.

Pentax ME Snype

Ah ok. I tend to shoot at 1.7 quite a bit, Scottish weather is usually terrible.

• Locked thread