Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dark Souls will absolutely not recognize my controller even with x360ce. Any advice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

So my controller works in the GFWL menus in-game but not the game itself. It's a Logitech F310 with basically the same inputs as a 360 controller so this is kind of frustrating.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

How much strength do I need to two hand a weapon that requires 50 STR? Would it be worth it to level STR to 50 to use a weapon like that one handed?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Can I get (DLC) Artorias's armor? If so, how?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Another DLC question, can I do anything with this woman in the final DLC boss chamber?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Quick question about NG+. If I've done most of this run as basically Havel with a black knight great sword, would it be viable to switch over to a dex based rapier guy or a sorcerer in a NG+ run or would I need to create a new character for that to work well?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

redmercer posted:

What goes well with a Stone Greatshield other than the end-game-level STR it takes to use the fucker?

I used it with Havel's Armor for most of the game because I couldn't justify getting the 50 STR to use his shield.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If I upgrade a weapon beyond +5, then ascend it to Magic and later Enchanted, does that affect the total damage the weapon can do or is there a set number for +5 Enchanted?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Doing a SL1 run, and just got to the gaping dragon. I've been using the battle axe (+9) for most of the game so far, are there any other weapons I should look into using that I can actually wield?

Edit: Same question but for shields. I grabbed the Dragon Crest pretty early but should I get another that I can actually upgrade easily?

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 2, 2012

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ran into a strange bug in my SL1 run just now.

Dunno if dying or fighting another boss fixes it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Any tips for SL1 Centipede Demon? I can't believe this is the boss that I'm having trouble with...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SL1 Bed of Chaos is not pretty. Usually I can take a few hits without being knocked into a hole but not here.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bisse posted:

Is there a good STR weapon which isn't slow as gently caress and/or has a useless overhead-hitting club-like moveset which you can simply sidestep away from? I've been running a divine zweihander +9 so far and it works sweet in PvE, but every single time I PvP (which is what I want to do) I just end up with the opponent simply walking away from its slow rear end swing, and then strolling in for the backstab if I ever press RT.

Then I tried the Great Club and the Dragon Tooth. Same poo poo!

Try out the Man-Serpent Greatsword, it's pretty fast for such a big sword.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Finally, beat SL1 Manus! The only other time I've fought him was with my first character who was extremely strong so this was kind of ridiculous. But still fun.

Yes I used pyromancy and it still took a million tries to do

I don't know if I can take on Kalameet, though. Oh well, on to Sif and the Four Kings finally.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sarkozymandias posted:

Alright so this is gonna sound stupid but I am literally (literally [literally]) trapped in Duke's Archives. By that I mean I am completely and utterly lost and I have no idea where to go and how to proceed.

Does anyone have a non-sucky bit of advice or walkthrough or something? This place is endless and stupid and I hate it.

Give us a description of where you are in Duke's and we can help you out.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Do people normally summon for bosses later in the game that aren't Ornstein and Smough? Just want to know where I should try next, leveling my faith high enough to use Sunlight Blade seems to have put me out of the level range for O&S.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've spent the last hour invading Lost Izalith because no one would summon me for Bed of Chaos. I've gotten at least 15 hits, which is surprising to me. I don't know why you'd decide to be human here, of all places. And if you are human, why aren't you summoning me for the most annoying boss in the game?

Edit:

Had a fight with a spirit of vengeance through the boss fog, somehow.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Oct 20, 2012

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

People are so hateful in the world of Dark Souls. I thought I'd be cool and drop all the stuff I have no use for in my NG+ SL1 via invasions, and they just attack me over and over for 5 damage while I'm dropping stuff for them. So rude.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Bowmaster in DARK SOULS: PREPARE TO DIE EDITION

Triple hits with dragonslayer arrows are incredible.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Help I can't stop making gimmick characters.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I wanted to wait until I had all of the levels recorded to post more of my gimmick run, but... I couldn't wait to post this.

Crisis in Anor Londo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ReWinter posted:

This is great. I want to see how you do catacombs, because I'm pretty sure just falling to the bottom and going Firelink -> Pinwheel in about 5m is what everyone does. What's your improvement, fastest dude around? :colbert:

I'll take any requests or ideas that you have. Haven't even thought about Catacombs yet so we'll see!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

More speedy gameplay from my gimmick character.

Finally, a boss fight!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Balobam posted:

I'd like to see one through Dukes, assuming it's the same as before, from start to finish with no deaths.

Speedy Duke's Archives. Now to make another area combination video, Catacombs and Tomb of the Giants. Should be interesting.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I have a level 75 or so PVP character sitting on over a million souls so I guess I'll take the plunge and level up to 100 if I catch one of these fight club nights.

What kind of builds usually show up? I don't really enjoy fighting the same dark sorcery characters all the time.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Maxwell Adams posted:

Have the stat requirements for weapons increase as they are improved.

I agree with a lot of what you said especially bringing back weapon sweetspots, but this one in particular would be terrible. I made my weapon better and now I suddenly can't wield it? One of the things I like the most about Dark Souls is that your weapon really defines how strong you are, not your stats. Honestly I would like lower stat requirements for weapons so I can try the crazy stuff without having to make a character with useless points in a stat.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

As a character with 30 Faith using Sunlight Blade, Darkmoon Blade and Great Lightning Spear, which Talisman should I use to get the most magic adjust? I've been using the default talisman throughout NG+, just curious if there's anything better.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sonic is back and he's speeding through the DLC.

Oolacile Township and Chasm of the Abyss
Royal Wood

Oolacile could be done a lot faster, might try again later.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Am I poo poo out of luck trying to use poison arrows at SL1? Goddamnit. :mad:

Poison arrows still poison at low dexterity, the arrow just does like 1 damage.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Leck posted:

I'm having a really hard time with the Four Kings, and I think my Lightning Spear +4 is part of the problem - as much as I love it, it just doesn't have serious enough damage output for this fight. Any ideas? Or anyone want to help out a level 55ish guy?

You can buy an Uchigatana from Shiva of the East (see this semi-related post)

If you're still looking for help, send me a message on Steam @ Yoshi no Gangster. Co-op Four Kings are really fun.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 29, 2012

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hellburger99 posted:

Can you summon specific people? I was under the impression that all coop was random.

You can tell someone to look for your sign and usually link up that way. There is no way to instantly join someone else's game though.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Spell charges are restored at bonfires.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Playing through the entire game with someone else has really revived the Dark Souls magic for me. Everyone, get a friend, get the connectivity fix and play the game twice. Right now we're doing a run with a level 4 warrior and level 1 pyromancer. After that, we're going to be O&S and use their weapons as well. After that, duo dragon brothers. After that...

For even more fun, get two friends and play the game three times.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Terror has returned to Lordran.

Every time we get invaded, they either run away or banish themselves.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ImaGonnaGetYou posted:

Sonic's the name, speed's my game!

Killing people with the Township elevator is way too much fun.

This reminds me of the sonic speed souls videos I made a while back. I need to get around to finishing this character some day.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That is 3 hundred million souls.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Taiso posted:

Need some help with Nito, kicking my rear end. I'm level 64, no good Divine weapons

I'd love to help out, what's your steam/gfwl name?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

unSavory posted:

Should I not have gone after Nito first after getting the lordvessel? The dude is seriously wrecking me. SL60 and even with the beefiest armor I have (havels) I can barely get a hit or two in before being pummeled to death by his minions or getting caught in that grab attack he does.

Been running melee only through everything else in the game, stacking strength and dex for my black knight sword +5. Maybe I just need to change up my strat?

Eventually I got bored with attempting to kill him and ran off to dukes. Got through the whole thing and the seath fight literally two-handing naked like some undead crazy person.

For Nito it's recommended to have something that can take out his minions permanently (a divine weapon) and to stick near the entrance. If you run too far in you trigger giant skeletons that will mess you up. If you still can't beat Nito I have a sunbro around that level range (71) that can help out.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I took the opposite approach a while back. It was probably the most fun I ever had invading people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm surprised that I've never seen someone invade as maneater mildred in blighttown. If there was a way to make your summoned name convincing that would be great. Maneater is never taken seriously when she invades so you would definitely surprise people.

• Locked thread