Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

gucci mangosteen posted:

$30 is a lot for an alpha (and I don't have it to spend anyway), but the bugs in the video are kind of selling me on it. I kind of want a game that embraces weird glitches and incomplete AI, like eating in the shower.

Prison Architect - Eating naked in the shower

30 bucks is quite a bit. Makes me feel like they are having a very hard time staying afloat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Jaytan posted:

My biggest complaints:

1. No way to expand buildings. Ugh.

2. No way to speed time up. A lot of times there just isn't anything interesting going on.

3. Not a lot of feedback on what things do. e.g. I built a sink thinking it would help my prisoner's hygeine, but then my cooks started hauling trays over.

4. "Workshop" room seems completely broken. My new goto strategy is to drop my first cell block / office area then make the whole rest of the map a workshop. It doesn't seem to do anything other than crank my income way up - 10k+ on a small map and it costs nothing to lay/remove.

The first two in particular make the game really painful to play. Yes I know it is an alpha.

You can expand buildings by putting down a foundation next to the building and putting a door on it. Once it's done do not use the delete poo poo button under foundations!!! Just go to materials and put your flooring over the wall. Anytime you need to delete walls just put floor over it or it messes everything up. I'm sure they will put in a way that doesn't suck. I would love to be able to pull the walls like in the sims.

Speed can go x2. I would love to have a x3 and x4 speed though.

Yeah no tooltips in the alpha. Some object poo poo I have figured out over the course of playing:

-Sinks are used for cleaning trays and nothing else.
-Drains should be put right under the door(2 if double doors) and do not need a pipe connected. The drain just blocks water like a wall, so putting in the middle or under the showers like a normal shower room it'll just go around it and flood everything.
-CCTV's do not work.
-LARGE TV's do not work.
-Guard Patrol UI is not in.
-Large pipes cannot go under walls(supposed bug) but they CAN go under doors.
-Small pipes have a very limited range, so build a large pipe network and then bring the water to the objects with small ones.
-Wiring does not root into other rooms, every room needs at least one placed wire line going through it.
-Metal detectors work, just place one in front of a door, it will decrease fights quite a bit too.
-The only way to make indoor areas is with the foundation.
-Phones satisfy the family need(I believe)
-Chairs in front of TV's are useless, the inmates just sit on top of the TV to watch and only one at a time.
-I haven't seen bookshelves do jack poo poo even when placed in every cell.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Drone_Fragger posted:

I think the "can't put pipes under walls" thing is deliberate since they're meant to be heavy duty sewer/water pipes rather than small, copper ones. You can put them down and then put walls over them (I have done this) My guess would be it is to add a small amount of micro work to planning water supplies since they aren't limited by the amount of use like power supples are.

Yeah but it is confirmed bug on wiki and the dev save on the wiki has large pipes going under walls. I like it this way but meh.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Meliv posted:

Also, a boiler room where guards can make inmates fight and the prison gets a cut of the action

That's awesome. Maybe have different ways to make money in the prison. Like having a corrupt prison that runs off bribes and fights or have a perfect prison that has a in-house government inspector that will increase government funding based off how compliant your prison is.

The prison grants/bribes could change to more active things. Like a corrupt prison could get a bribe to create a nice non stabby area for a crime lord. A clean prison could have grants for doing things like fire drills, have an agent planted in the prison to test security from the prisoners side or poweroutage drills.

Of course these aren't realistic, I mean what prison would turn off the power to see how the prison would do without it. But that is why real prison isn't fun. Maybe even actually start a fire for the fire drill :black101.

:cop:"Ok everyone we are going to have a fire drill." *toss molotov "Good luck."

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

deratomicdog posted:

how do workshops work anyways?

Place workshop room, receive money lag.

• Locked thread