Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Explosive damage is basically the only damage that matters after a while. Nothing really resists it (enemies with significant shields are very rare) and it greatly increases damage.

I'm going to keep this in mind. Like everyone else, I always weight the benefits between one element against another, depending on where I am. But everyone's weak to explosions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I just upgraded my vanilla version of the game to the GOTY edition for free, thanks to the 2K sale and about $9 of Steambux from selling virtual trading cards to idiots.

:toot: I have not played any Borderlands 2 extra content whatsoever. Hell, I haven't even beaten the game, but I think I can fix that sometime soon. Is there any DLC I should do before the end of the game? Or all of it? I"m currently level 15, any suggestions as to what I should play and when?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

Level 15 is about right for doing Captain Scarlett and Torgue's Campaign of Carnage (Oasis and Badass Crater of Badassitude, respectively). I can't remember if the Headhunters DLC comes with the GOTY, but if so then those can be done around level 15 too. The two you can't do at level 15 are Tiny Tina's and Hammerlock's, those are post-game and locked at level 30 for a first playthrough. They also have storylines which assume that the player's already beaten the game, if that matters to you.

Yeah, I know why Tiny Tina's DLC requires a bit more story to happen, I read about what it's based off of. Good to know about the rest.

Also, the GOTY edition doesn't include any of the headhunter stuff. Is that even worth it?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

The Headhunters stuff is all like 5-10 minute quest-lines, usually with a single repeatable boss and a side-quest or two maybe. The whole point of those is cosmetic drops, mostly, I'm pretty sure there aren't even any unique weapons.

They can be pretty amusing but I can't really recommend them, they're not exactly essential. If you like the humor or whatever of the base game and want more heads or skins, then I say go for them if they're really cheap.

What about the Crawmarax thingy? That place, from a video I checked out, looked huge. But yeah, as most people, the only things I REALLY care about in the Borderlands universe are the guns. poo poo, I had a really nice looking (to me) pistol as my desktop background for a while.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Doodles posted:

The Crawmerax pack does offer one improvement. Flynt Jr., final boss of the secondary mission in the pack, can drop the Thunderball Fists like his daddy Baron Flynt can. And it a much shorter and easier run to him than it is the Baron, so if you want to farm for that gun, there you go.

Well, I now own the Crawmerax DLC, so I'll check it out.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I love this game so much and I'm only level 18 :allears:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I really appreciate that BL2 is still getting support, since I don't play on getting TPS any time soon, unless it's on a crazy low sale.

I'm sure BL3 will kill that, though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I've been playing BL2 with a buddy of mine, I'm about level 22, he's almost 10 levels behind me, since he just started but has been catching up. If he hosts, obviously the enemies scale to him, which means I can one-shot almost everyone. However, it shows that I get 1 or 2 xp from some of these guys... is XP shared, and if so, does he get more for kills like that, even when I do it? I hope so :ohdear:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

CJacobs posted:

No, XP is on a by-player basis. When you kill an enemy and get 1-2 XP for it, he gets whatever he would normally get at his level. Same for when he kills an enemy.

OK, great, but he IS getting xp for stuff I kill, right? I would hate to think that I'm keeping him from leveling as fast as he could be. I doubt that's the case, though, just making sure.

EDIT: vvv Ah, yes, my apologies. I haven't had my caffeine yet today. :negative:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 29, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Father Wendigo posted:

And then there's UVHM, where assault rifles and sniper rifles can all safely be considered vendor trash, the scaling gets noticeably worse with each level, you have to re-grind for purp+ rarity gear every level, enemy health regen outpaces even the mightiest of elemental damage over time, and so much more... for no real reason beyond watch a number go up, really. Unless you're playing Krieg, which probably means you're trying to see how trivial you can make gear in a franchise built around the hoarding of gear.

Father W! Are you by any chance playing this on Steam? :getin:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, if BL2 supports cloud saving, why is it that when I'm playing on my mac, I have my regular, usual character (Gunzerker, probably level 26 or something), but he doesn't show up when I load the game up on PC? Are the saves not cross-platform?

Also, in the event that I have to start over (I've played the first 10 hours of BL2 so many goddamned times :negative:), I have all the characters, but have only really spent time with Salvatore (Salvador?) and Axton... who should I play as? I have Krieg and the Mechromancer, as well.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

wdarkk posted:

It might be that one version or the other isn't fully patched. Are both copies Steam?

Also you can try manually copying the save file from one OS to the other.

Yeah, both are Steam. I'll try manually copying them, but you're right, versions might be out of whack. It's been a few months since I've played my game on my mac, and just last week when I booted up the PC version.

EDIT: vvvv Thanks!

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 24, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

internet celebrity posted:

Yeah if you think Krieg is boring you're not playing him right, he was the only one I took all the way through UVHM. Everything should be on fire and exploding (Casual Swordsplosion and bonus package are required) while you're running around like a maniac chopping people to bits.

In a game like Borderlands, I enjoy the shooting more than the chopping, so I'm thinking Gaige for my replay/start-over.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

The trick to beating Mad Mel is to die once and then kill him from the ramp leading into the arena. At least that's the way I remember doing it.

This is very much correct.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I might be broken or something, but I have zero issues with any of the humour in BL2 (aside from hearing the same Handsome Jake speeches every time I restart). I don't laugh out loud any anything, but it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game. In fact, I prefer BL's attitude towards a lot of things, because otherwise, it's some way-too-serious military shooter, and I have zer0 interest in going through one of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

There is, but it's far less active and generally nobody here minds fielding Pre-Sequel questions or discussion. This is kinda just the place to go for anything Borderlands related really.

This should be really renamed the Borderlands megathread. At least until BL3 is announced/unveiled/almost ready for release.

• Locked thread