Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Dehry posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6iFA1KFPQI

4th Mechromancer video is up

Edit: Her dad is awesome.

I wonder what got second, Volcano? Potato Battery? Quantum Tunneling Device?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
My current sniper riffle is actually Jackob's AR with the spin-gun muzzles and a hubcap hanging underneith. Three bullets as fast as I can click!

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

The Wicked Wall posted:

Any tips for the Gluttonous Thresher on TVHM? The loving thing wouldn't be such a pain if it didn't regenerate its shields instantly every now and then (it only takes like 4 shots of an electric pistol to deplete them though it has next to no warning), but the fact it can hit you from nearly anywhere and it's hit or miss as to whether there's loaders for it to take its anger out on.

Also, regarding saving sidequests for later in TVHM; is it actually possible to get to 50 via story quests/killing stuff on those quests without doing them? I have the EXP relic equipped if that means anything, but I'm worried I'll get to the end/finish the playthrough before I reach 50.

I was stuck there for a bit, wound up hiding on top of some crates while the loaders did most of the work. Still wound up killing it with a fire SMG to the eyes in FFYR.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

SMGs.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Does Gaige get a bee outfit?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Crabtree posted:

Yes and no, I’ve been trying to complete the challenge I’m Back, Shocked between two characters in playthrough 1 and 2. However, it’s frustrating how quickly shock effect dies out compared to fire and corrosive DoT. Either the gun itself is too powerful and the bullet takes the kill or I die out as Shock stops at the last inch of their life bar.

Oh I've met those jerks, but I haven't tried farming them. Thanks for the idea.

Do Tesla grenades count for this?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Jabarto posted:

Yeah, I found a Bonus Package at level 4 with my Gunzerker. so I used Gibbed's program to bump it up to level 50 and gave it to my Commando. Holy mother of god, there are so many explosions. :aaa:

I kinda want to dig out my Whisky Tango Foxtrot, level it up to 50, and then match it up with a Bonus Package and a full set of Torgue guns, because EXPLOSIONS!

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

qnqnx posted:

^^^The Rolling Thunder grenade mod is also a great alternative to be Mr. Torgue's #1 fan.

Alternatively, a level 50 Deadly Bloom from the Overlook missions. Or with the Rarity Drops Cheat Engine table, for some reason I have found other variants on it with prefixes and additional effects, such as Blast Proof, maybe it is related to that there's no legendary Torgue shield (and there's no legendary Bandit shield either).

Also, the Whisky Tango Foxtrot grenades are shock, but even with a shock immune variant of it they deal a lot of damage to you.

Clearly you are missing the vital difference between a good idea, and an awesome idea.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

So, I guess the best Bee weapons are now high rate of fire SMGs?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Good luck going up against Desert Bus.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

But the first explosion is just another opportunity to be killed by a barrel. The second explosion isn't much help when the first explosion+barrel finished off any enemies in the area :argh:

However, chucking homing bonus packages in FFYL IS a great help

I think my record is killing myself two more times with a non-homing one of those.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

So far I've seen a Nukem, a Flakker, and a longbow Bonus Package on the Torgue vending machine. Need more tokens.

The writing is AMAZING and I NEED MORE EXPLOOOOOSIONS!!!

Also, I love Mr. Torgue being genre savvy as F*CK!

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

... Actually, isn't the first law of Hyperion robots "Obey Jack?"

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I need to go check, but the Hyperion area next to Old Slappy has an announcer voice clip that goes over a version of the three laws which I'm pretty sure is
1) Obey Jack
2) Don't go near the the threshers or grinder
3) You are expendable

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

No, that sounds right.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Tiger.Bomb posted:

Ah yes I had that. I didn't like. After the bee nerf is it still any good?

Yes, but you can't kill Teramorphus by emptying half of your shotgun shell reserve via Moxxie's shotgun to its eyes anymore. Things in playthrough 2+ still have too many hitpoints.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Somewhere in this thread there's a giant pile of audio rips, including the music, and inside that pile of untitled music is one labled Audio_Streaming 00138.ogg anybody know anything about that song?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

BobTheJanitor posted:

Zero recites a haiku when set on fire, so I think we left realism for dead on the side of the road a few miles back.

It only dropped a white smg when it went too. <:mad:>

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Bonerfarts will also interact with their surroundings and throw bits of the sceenery at you. Also most of them don't charge up and attempt to eat your knees.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

... If a Jackob's sniper that fires books makes it into the DLC I will use it forever.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Xaris posted:

For what it's worth, Scarlett is the better of the two DLCs, but that is not saying a whole lot. At least in that one, they took default enemies and added anchors to their heads or at least a few new ones (skeletons), the Torque DLC has the same loving models just with a very minor reskin at best and usually just renamed. Plus, Scarlett has some really cool levels with the underground Oasis and the lighthouse in the sky. Mr Torgue has a bunch of lovely The Dust-esque levels and an arena.

The characters in Scarlett are far more personable than anything you'll find in Mr Torgue (well, it's just more Moxxi+Tiny Tina). The only saving grace for the Mr Torgue DLC is that the narration is mildly amusing and Badassasaurus but that's about it.

THAT SENTENCE HAS TOO MANY SYLLABLES, APOLOGIZE!

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Guns in the bank arn't san checked when the game loads, so as long as you put it back before you quit you can have an impossible gun. I don't think there's a parts list.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

You're looking for guns made by Bandit.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

That's the two barreled spinny thing like the Infinity has, only it's about halfway through its rotation.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Sloppy posted:

Do levels bind to your level when you accept them? I usually just grab every mission I come across, but I gained a few levels in the Arena after accepting a whole pile of missions and now they are all grey and giving me poo poo XP. Should I wait to grab a mission until I actually plan on doing it?

Quests have a static level until you start playthrough 2.5 at which point they all scale to your level. So if you want a certain gun that's a quest reward at level 50, don't pick up the quest until then.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

All I've got to say about Hammerlock is "Holy crap, dirtnap."

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I think I'm going to go play it in normal with my level 50 char so I can enjoy the dark humor without being the one who's head is being stomped in.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Another part of the high level mobs problem is that I'm pretty sure the Shamans are giving their friends more levels. Which is an interesting mechanic when I'm not already having to empty my max level AR into things to kill them.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

LAY-ZX posted:

gently caress, is that a Drifter in the launch trailer? I hated those bastards in Knoxx. Any chance they no longer have five million health and kill you in one hit?

So far they go down like balloons on stilts, but I haven't actually let any of them get close enough to actually hit me.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Russad posted:

DLC4 needs to be all Claptrap, all the time.

Revival of the Robolution?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I am now in possession of a Torgue pistol that consumes 6 ammo per shot. And I have to say that oneshotting a badass with a headshot after a couple months of TVH being its bastard self is oh so very satisfying.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Bieeardo posted:

Someone hold me. There's new hotfixes.

Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes
January 29, 2013

Adjusted Mechromancer’s Sweetheart class mod to correctly increase team health.
Assassin’s “Slayer of Terramorphous” class mod no longer includes Gunzerker skill bonus.
Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Critical hits against Midgets now register properly.
Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Rat Thief enemies are no longer allowed in Pete’s Bar due to patron concerns regarding excessive theft.
Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Torgue vending machines can now stock up to level 50 legendary weapons.

A hot fix is automatically applied at the "Press Start" screen when Borderlands 2 is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent -- they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands 2.

Damnit, now I'm going to have to farm up the tokens to buy another DP Harold. God that gun is fun.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Hi, welcome to the exopential damage part of the game. Pick up a white or a green gun to hold you over for a couple of levels when you replace it with another white or green gun that does three times the damage.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Male Man posted:

I'd have to check specific numbers, but I'm pretty sure that guns don't scale any more sharply at high levels than at low levels. It just seems that way because the much greater difficulty at very high level demands peak-performance weapons.

Hate to break it to you, but the math is exponential.

f(weapon damage) = (damage at level 1)(1.29795151^(weapon Level - 1))

from here.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Male Man posted:

Yeah, what I said. Exponential growth means each level differs from the last by the same relative amount, so the scaling is constant. The absolute difference is meaningless.

I can't find the post right now, but mob health is on a larger exponent and player health is on a smaller one, so the rates at which they approach infinity turn the players into glass cannons and the mobs into bullet sponges at high levels.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

It's better from a gameplay perspective, but nothing beats going to Holy Spirits with three buddies and that "start a fight at the wake" mission on only to drop thirty-two MIRVs on them from the balcony.

The Bonus Package is the most fun I've had in the game.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Alaemon posted:

So I'm trying out Siren. I have 5 points in Sweet Release and I have literally never had it heal me.

I'm running around with next-to-no hit points. Phase lock guy, kill guy. No heal. Am I missing something?

Just tested with my Siren. As long as you kill the dude while he's still phaselocked, healing thingies come out, just like a transfusion grenade.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I maintain that my favorite sniper riffles are Jacob's ARs with good scopes. High Accuracy, high damage, and enough ammo that you won't be using it for two fights and then scrounging for more bullets.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

CJacobs posted:

So I've found my second legendary on this playthrough, in the unlikeliest of places.

Literally. LITERALLY the unlikeliest of places. At the same time I am embracing my awesome luck, I am cursing my terrible luck. :eng99:

Christ.

You will equip that shield and then you will never take it off again because everything melts.

^^^^
Bonus Package is the best grenade mod there is :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Jabarto posted:

It does have a nasty tendency to catch you in the blasts, though.

I have the Axton ability to throw more of them in FFYL, I think my current record is bouncing in and out of it six times.

• Locked thread