Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Here's the Sun article on the new report:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4534061/Hillsborough-report-Cops-did-not-protect-victims-and-blamed-fans.html

Disgusting cunts posted:

Kelvin MacKenzie, who was the editor of The Sun at the time of the Hillsborough tragedy and who wrote the headline The Truth, today offered his “profuse apologies to the people of Liverpool for that headline”.
Mr MacKenzie added: “It has taken more than two decades, 400,000 documents and a two-year inquiry to discover to my horror that it would have far more accurate had I written the headline The Lies rather than The Truth. I published in good faith and I am sorry that it was so wrong.”
In 2004, The Sun printed an apology over its reporting of the Hillsborough disaster, describing the article as the worst mistake in its history.

is all they've got about their own part in it, which is a very small part of the whole article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Ninpo posted:

e: ^^ it's amazing how people are paid money to write press statements and can't even manage to loving apologise properly. Or at all, in this case.

That's exactly the point though, unfortunately. They don't want to take responsibility, but have to say something. It's the PR version of "I'm sorry you got offended by what I said".

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I just sent a mail to the FA telling them that their comment is awful and they need to come up with an actual apology for their part in the disaster. It won't do a drat thing but it felt good to do.

I sent it to editor@thefa.com to avoid having to register on their site and use their contact form, in case anyone wants to do the same.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I think instead of those vile songs being aired, there should be a list of songs deemed acceptable to be sung by all fans of all clubs. I nominate Two Andy Gorams.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

For reference, that was sent to every United fan with a ticket to the game. I hope it helps do the trick.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Babby Thatcher posted:

ladies and gentlemen, Donal Blaney

http://blaneyblog.dailymail.co.uk/2012/12/why-are-so-many-of-my-fellow-liverpool-fans-so-unpleasant.html

Donal Blaney has, of course, only been in the news in his own right twice iirc - once for an expose of his Young Briton's Foundation (who do all the Conservative Future activist training) calling for the abolition of the NHS among other stuff, and also most relevantly here - publicly praying for the impending death of a politician he didn't like (Ted Kennedy). But Liverpool fans and/or 'the left' are morbid etc for doing the same... over Irving Patnick, who himself defamed 96 dead men for decades.

I literally got so angry at this I replied in the comment section. What a complete douchebag. Then again, his previous blog post is him suggesting Romney has a shot at the US election, posted just one week before the election when everyone but Karl Rove knew what was going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

At this point this thread is gonna need to borrow the subtitle from the freeper thread in D&D because that poo poo is ridiculous

• Locked thread