Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I wonder if the Attourney General will start another inquest and whether there will be prosecutions. I can't imagine there not being one really with whats come out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Xabi posted:

The fact that it took 23 years for us to get this report is a complete disgrace.

Everything about it is disgraceful.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

luvd posted:

This is a massive issue for me as well. It's far too late.

Any prison time is better than none

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

How the gently caress did he get a BBC job

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Who is the coroner? If they're still alive it will be interesting to see what they say about it since they are most hosed as it stands

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lovely Fuckboy posted:

Those are the same type of people that claim the US government is responsible for 9/11, Jews run Hollywood, the moon landing was faked etc. It won't matter what facts you show them, they will cling to their conspiracy theories all the tighter in the face of overwhelming evidence because it would shatter their worldview to admit they're wrong.

Pretty much, people are loving stupid. Proof being a Liverpool fan buying the Sun at a shop I was just at.

Jose fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Sep 13, 2012

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This one got called out by the woman serving him and his response was "I need to do the crossword" as if there aren't crosswords in every other paper and then that reporters are paid to write this poo poo. This was only moments after he was being casually racist though so maybe I should have expected it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The final print is late, something like 10pm for most papers. Remember they almost always cover late kick off times during week days for football matches

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Taken from football365, stories that were before Hillsborough in the Telegraph

- 'Church leaders have "legitimate" concerns about European judges forcing them to conduct same-sex marriage ceremonies under government proposals, a Cabinet minister says today.'

- 'The number of motorists caught speeding is to rise as enforcement cameras make a comeback.'

- 'A blundering thief who stuffed 20 mobile phones down his trousers was caught when police heard one of the stolen devices ringing underneath his clothes.'

- 'Perhaps he was caught off guard by the directness of the question, but the Duke of Cambridge showed remarkable candour yesterday when he revealed that he hopes to become a father of two.'

- 'The father of a close friend of Prince Harry shot himself because he was "tired and did not want to grow old", an inquest heard yesterday.'

- 'Apple announced the iPhone 5 at an event in San Francisco last night.'

- 'The BBC and other broadcasters are dominated by a "liberal secular elite" whose "default position" is to assume that Christians are "lunatics", a Radio 4 broadcaster warned last night.'

- 'The Green Party has made overtures to the trade unions a day after Labour's Ed Balls was jeered by activists at the TUC's annual conference.'

- A picture of Kate Middleton flexing her bicep.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ninpo posted:

SYP have confirmed they are "considering" referring the Hillsborough operation to the IPCC.

Probably hoping this will stop another criminal investigation knowing the IPCC are fairly useless

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

T. Mascis posted:

I love the "pushing" poo poo because the horrors of being crushed to death by the sheer pressure of those around you is horrifying beyond belief, they have no conception of what that's like and think it's a bunch of loving people shoving each other. Neil Fitzmaurice's watch glass exploded out his watch from the pressure of the crush.

Twice I've been stuck in a crowd at a club that started to crush and it wasn't even that bad and they were some of the worst things I've ever experienced and can't remotely compare to what happened there

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Blue Screen Error posted:

I've spent all afternoon arguing with mentalists who are still convinced that Liverpool fans are to blame for this.

Its loving exhausting.

Why bother? Tell them to read the report or gently caress off

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pookerbacca posted:

Heh, nope, just my own thoughts. It's just my natural reaction to what I see amongst the herd mentality amongst the journalists I've been reading. When there is a 100% piling going in one direction, tht just means, we are bluffing ourselves about something. I know this is an emotional issue for many people, waiting for vindication for 23 years, bothing is ever completely 100% black or white.

Its almost as if the police allowed people to go in one direction with no organisation of where exactly they should go (remember Liverpool fans won't actually know where to go in the stadium) until it was too late and there were way too many people there. Once people are there it is near impossible to get them out without a huge coordinated effort which there wasn't. When you're at the back of the crowd you have no way of knowing whats going on at the front or how bad it is and more people kept going there because they were told to. When you're at the front its impossible to go anywhere.

Basically you're a massive dick.

Jose fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Sep 14, 2012

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It was closer to 400 pages

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

You might as well be telling the families of the 96 who died that it's partially their own fault for turning up at the football match at all.

How do you even know they had tickets?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

T. Mascis posted:

The supporters on the day have been absolved of any role by 2 separate reports, the most recent of which brought to light hundreds of altered documents exposing a massive institutional coverup which involved the police, the media, and the government.

HOWEVER, this guy has figured out a secret that 96 people who were crushed to death don't want you to know...

Honestly what the gently caress.

Clearly condensing 400000 documents into only 1/100 of that isn't detailed enough

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Got a link to the BBC or anywhere else reporting that?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The Clit Avoider posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19610226

If the CPS knew, it was definitely discussed in corridors.

I want everyones head to roll. This is loving disgusting

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Seems some Man Utd fans on twitter have tried to say the hillsborough "Always the victims, its never your fault" songs were aimed at Suarez

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Thats also ignoring using victims when referring to a single person

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

excuse me lady posted:

That particular song only started last year after the Suarez thing, there are other songs, but that one is new.

This excuse doesn't really work when its a match against Wigan

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

T. Mascis posted:

Hahaha he's absolute human filth

Seriously, how is it possible to be that horrible a person

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Well I'm sure you'll be delighted to know, as has been posted in this thread, that a member of the Hillsborough justice campaign had her house burgled on order by the News of the World (most likely) to see if there is any dirt they can dig up on her

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its also going to be handed out to everyone at the stadium I think

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Football headlines today

'Much to warm the heart, but idiots ensured this was not a unifying event' - The Times.

'No escape: Anfield day of reconciliation marred by fans' taunts' - The Daily Telegraph.

'Defeat and chants tarnish a celebration of justice' - The Guardian.

'A victory for football - Sombre start and passionate rivalry gave us a fitting tribute' - The Sun.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8168617/AG-Wants-Hillsborough-Inquests-Quashed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ninpo posted:

It's no secret how big a steaming dump Thatcher's government took on the North in general. Large parts of the North East are still largely financially hosed as a result.

That report the tories got some from one of their think tanks about how certain North cities like Liverpool and Sunderland should be left because relocating everyone and such would be cheaper than regenerating them says it all really

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He's already been dropped. What were they thinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I think he's trying to say that its the people who survived being drunks fault

• Locked thread