Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The Leveson Enquiry thread has taught me to never underestimate the corruption of the police. One thing I don't quite understand though, why was the gate opened to let in more fans when the stand was already over capacity? Do these new documents say any reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Zero Star posted:

Actually, it IS completely 100% black-and-white.

The game has cleaned up a lot for the better as a result of the tragedy though. The police and FA are pretty much solely to blame for the troubles at Hillsborough but I wouldn't have dreamt of an away leg for a Stoke game in the 80s, hell even in the early 2ks I only did home games because I could find nobody willing to do an away leg with me.

Its a shame that England no longer has stands while Germany does but they appear to be better able to control themselves so I guess that's the world we live in.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Popehoist posted:

The fans weren't responsible for anything you blithering loving idiot. Even if some did commit an incredibly minor (in the grand scheme of things) offence of blagging their way into the stadium, those people were still victims of that horrible loving shitshow just like everyone else. If you seriously think the (MAXIMUM) estimated 124 people had any meaningful contribution to a crush of 10,000 then you're so blindingly stupid that we're going to have to cast you off to a prison island along with all the Hillsborough chanters and McKenzie.

Can't you just send him to work down a pit or something. We don't want him either.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Would have been nice if this had all been cleared up before the police module of the Leveson inquiry had wrapped up.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

This is slightly more removed from Hillsborough as a coverup, but;

Read through Brown Moses' thread for the whole Southern Investigations/NOTW/News International links.

Yeah, in relation to this the accusation is that they broke into peoples houses who could provide stories or blackmail material for politicians and police. That thread is fascinating and well worth a read.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I am normally against that sort of thing but its pretty appropriate for such a grade a oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
If you haven't been following the Phone Hacking fallout you may not know but the people who covered up the Stephen Lawrence murder did the same on the Daniel Morgan murder

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rivate-eye.html

• Locked thread