Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
congrats to the Torygraph for continuing to be a bunch of dicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Pookerbacca posted:

but what do I know, I didn't write a 400 page report.
:bravo:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Pookerbacca posted:

I think that is basically what I've been saying, fans are not to "blame" and were not the "cause" for this disaster. But some fans must have "contributed" to the chaos by just being there without a ticket....maybe it was just 5, 10, 24, I have no idea.

I don't know why you keep saying this when the reports completely reject that idea. When the crush happened there were reportedly more than 3000 people in pens 3 and 4, which was over double the safe capacity. So are you saying there were over 1500 ticketless fans in there or what

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
A lot of football fans probably believed it. People believe what they read in the papers, sometimes even when it is already known to be patently false, so when you get a narrative that is strongly telling you something it's not that surprising for people to take it in. Also, I don't really know much about any kind of anti-Liverpool sentiment at the time, but I might guess there could have been some given their success at the time. Certainly many Manchester United fans have mocked or otherwise treated Liverpool with contempt over Hillsborough mostly just because they hate Liverpool

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I'm glad you did it is a good post stickyfingrdboy. The most mental thing is when you explain why it has been proven that the fans had no part in it, and people still say that of course they did a bit. At that point they're either trolling or you are just wasting your time completely

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
loving hell, honestly thought it couldn't get worse but there it is

Seriously unbelievable

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

irlZaphod posted:

Shocking Hillsborough insults added on Wikipedia from Government computers

Holy poo poo. Completely classless, and utterly idiotic to do it from Government computers.

haha loving hell, that's unbelievable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

DickEmery posted:

Being on the GSI doesn't necessarily mean it was in Whitehall, it does mean that it would be fairly easy to track down who did this though.
Somewhere a fantastically dumb Tory is getting sacked.

That makes me happy

• Locked thread