Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Pretty loving appalling that it took all of 23 years for the government to finally say, "You know what? Our bad..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
What I want to know is...

quote:

Documents released to the panel show how high ranking police sources, the South Yorkshire Police Federation and the Tory MP Irvine Patnick were responsible for feeding the stories to White's News Agency in Yorkshire.

They led to the infamous Sun headline "The Truth" that led to a longstanding boycott of the paper in Liverpool. "The Police Federation, supported informally by the SYP chief constable, sought to develop and publicise a version of events derived in police officers' allegations of drunkenness, ticketless fans and violence. This extended beyond the media to Parliament," said the Panel.

Does this have any effect on Liverpool's boycott of The Sun? They reported the "facts" the authorities at the time were releasing? Do they get the benefit of the doubt now?

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Apologies for my dumb question earlier. Honestly only knew the broad strokes of the whole "The Truth" article saga and assumed it was a lot more cut and dry than it was. Having looked at everything now, whoa, gently caress this Mackenzie guy.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

PirateBob posted:

That's what I thought would happen at some point. At least things were fine during the game (right?). There's always some dumb cunts who just can't keep themselves from starting poo poo, and then the other side's dumb cunts can't keep themselves from responding with more vile poo poo.

jyrka's right though... that is way too loud for it to be just the usual tiny minority of people.

• Locked thread