Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Painkiller posted:

It's frustrating that despite this report I'm having to argue with idiots on other forums who are outraged that the fans have been exonerated. Like "oh yeah the police were obv wrong to cover it up but have you considered that maybe the fans were responsible?!!!". They keep going on about drunk ticketless scousers pushing forward despite the screams and I want to throw them under a bus.

What people are told first sticks in the memory, and a study suggested that people believe things more strongly when they find out that there's strong evidence against it. It's part of the reason why the police and government are always so quick to issue a press release, even if it turns out to be obviously and deliberately misleading - eg. de Menezes, Tomlinson, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

That's not even his line, it's a quote

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Gene Ricman posted:

It at didnt start off as a Hillborough chant at least. I know some of our fans started singing it around the time of the Suarez-Evra nonsense - specifically after the t-shirts supporting Suarez were worn. It also ties into the bullshit belief that people from Liverpool have a 'victim mentality' which Boris Johnson shat out of his mouth in the Spectator a while back.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

I was very surprised to see these signs when I was driving down the M6, but I guess it shows quite how large the inquest and the interest in the inquest are (and rightly so)

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Paperhouse posted:

haha loving hell, that's unbelievable

It's not if you've ever met young Tories, the kind who intern at Whitehall

• Locked thread