Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
BBC Live Text here
Guardian's here

Press conference at 13.30 BST
(15 minutes or so)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
"59 out of 96 could have survived", has anyone seen an official quote on this?

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

Most of the officers involved are no longer in the force and thus will get bum raped.

The alteration of witness statements would have been done around Chief Constable level and is pretty much as wrong as it gets barring acts of violence, if they're still alive someone is going to jail for that.

Xabi posted:

The fact that it took 23 years for us to get this report is a complete disgrace.

"If they're still alive" being the point, keep kicking it down the road and eventually you're faced with ex-Chief Constables and cuntish Ex-Tory MPs who are in their 80s or some poo poo.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

The Collector posted:

disgraceful. Just happy the truth is starting to see the light of day.

http://www.official-documents.gov.uk/document/hc1213/hc05/0581/0581.pdf

There it is.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

FullLeatherJacket posted:

That said, I tend to agree with the sentiment that it's realistically too late for anyone who was actually responsible to be held to account, particularly when you talk about it in terms of the complicity between the police, the press and the politicians to advance an agenda and to protect their mates (some things never change). I don't see that you "fix" Hillsborough by arresting the guy who opened the Leppings Lane gate. Far more of it was to do with cultures and attitudes of very senior people that ultimately made it what it was.

I agree, which is why we should be calling for the symbolic and public execution of Margaret Thatcher.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

sc0tty posted:

I just went and read his wikipedia page because I hadn't heard of any of the other controversial things he had said / written and hooolllyyyy shhhiiiittt this guy is as bad as they get right...?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin_MacKenzie

MacKenzie was a supporter of Charlton Athletic F.C. for 12 years but switched allegiance to Queens Park Rangers after Charlton's relegation from The Championship in 2009. He lives in Weybridge, Surrey.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Just came here to post that.

See, the thing is, as good a man as Maxwell Groome is, he didn't scream at the top of his lungs "that's not what I loving said" when the coroner's inquest was published or when he was asked to ammend the statement.

To be honest I'm not sure the officers amended their own statements, if they did, then the next enquiry is going to have some pretty nasty poo poo about what threats were made for them to do this. To go from "it was utter chaos" to "the scousers were pissed" 164 times needs a pretty big stick.

Edit : To clarify I'm not implying the coppers would need extra arm twisting because of their outstanding commitment to justice, but even during the 80s and into the 90s you still saw some serious corruption in the police force. I know a copper who's boss took a leave of absence to contest an accusation of murder which everyone knew he was guilty of and once exonerated came back to his job. What the gently caress can you do if your boss can beat a fairly nailed-on murder accusation and he asks you to cover poo poo up.

DickEmery fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 12, 2012

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Actually Pookerbacca is right.

The Taylor report and the four hundred thousand pieces of evidence just released contradicting their position cannot compare to their incisive and brilliant mind.
Well done Pookerbacca you've cracked the other cover up, you truly are so very loving special.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
What's that blocking gangways all about?
(I'm not implying it's anything to do with Hillsborough, just wondering what it means)

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
She got to see Thatcher die. :unsmith:

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Being on the GSI doesn't necessarily mean it was in Whitehall, it does mean that it would be fairly easy to track down who did this though.
Somewhere a fantastically dumb Tory is getting sacked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

OppyDoppyDopp posted:

Anything from 2009 or 2012 will probably be long gone.

Ahh, I didn't read it properly I thought it was recent.

• Locked thread