Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

New Club Nintendo rewards are up

Its been a year since the wii u release and they still. wont. give it club nintendo rewards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is there a non wiimote, physical version of wii u party? I have 4 from last year's flingsmash clearance

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 6, 2013

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

That may be it. Despite the box calling it a "Pro Controller", I may be only getting the functionality of a Wiimote plus classic controller out of it. Ah well, I've gotten worse controllers for more money and a third classic controller isn't a bad thing to have. Definitely not worth the $35 it's listed at, though.

Are there wii u games that work with a wii u pro controller but not a classic controller pro?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Renoistic posted:

The shaking works half the time if you're lucky.

I think your wrist is broken. seek medical attention

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
he calls luigi mr eyeballs and mario meatball man

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Isn't 3 stars from single player? I think I got 2 stars and stopped trying after, but I hit 9100 in the ratings the first spring break after it came out. I liked funky kong but I usually just used a large mii with my smug rear end face on it.

Hi rankings sucked though because you never were matched up with similar scores and you only got like 10 points for first and lost 600 because you got wiped out on the last round of the Mario track and hrrrrrnggggg

the moral of this story is, always use a mii

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLfLbxmtr9A did this get posted already

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Elliotw2 posted:

This looks really good, but goddamn it they better let me drive with the d-pad this time. I have never gotten used to using a joystick to drive.

the dpad is for tricking now, sorry

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

g0lbez posted:

You can?

In local and maybe in a private match online on mkwii, you definitely can. There are multiple settings for items on mkwii

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think I liked the Blur and SARS implementation more. (well blur more because you knew what you were going to get and could intentionally get the item). Spammable, but also avoidable with proficient skill.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

whaley posted:

What in the world, blue shells are usually pretty easy to avoid you wimplings. Not knowing how to avoid the blue shell and wanting it out of the game completely sounds to me like an idea a beginner who isn't familiar with the game would come up with.

That strat really only makes sense if you're in a lobby where nintendo's shitawful matchmaking system somehow managed to organize a group of similarly skilled players, and you're not half a lap ahead of 2nd place. Regardless, "try not winning for a bit" as a strat is dumb, and trying to rationalize a dumb item they made worse every iteration (i have not played the 3ds mk so maybe they made it less dumb there???) is even dumber.

The best strat to avoiding blue shells in mkwii is to just hope you're on a track with a lot of midair poo poo or about to go through a cannon or some other device that makes you invincible for the duration.

Minidust posted:

Yeah, if you want to see a multiplayer game that is really broken by a single item there's Tetris Axis on 3DS. There's an item that makes you switch the entire playfield with your opponent. It effectively ends the match any time it shows up, because you can just sabotage your own playfield and then send it to the opponent so the next piece kills them. And of course, in that game, items are an all-or-nothing deal, so you're stuck with vanilla Tetris if you don't want to deal with that one hideously unfair item.

haven't mp tetris games w/ items always had a field flipping item

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

Hopefully it doesn't go Mario Kart 64 mode and take away the music.

Yes, that was the problem with mario kart 64 multiplayer. not the frame skip actually speeding the game up and making racing awful.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

A Yolo Wizard posted:

making racing awful.

Strange Matter posted:

I think you mean "Making Racing Even More Awesome."

Nothing like rocketing around Block Fort at 9000 mph in four player battle mode.

Trent posted:

MarioKart 64 awful? What?

Best battle mode ever (why haven't they been able to come even close since then?)

battle mode =/= racing, dummies

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Trent posted:

You may simply fall outside the normal curve if all forms of fun must be hyper-competitive or have the effect of utterly crushing your opponent with your amazing skills.

stop. there are plenty of ways of making multiplayer fun without ruining balance. one is called "make your matchmaking actually match correctly"

edit: the other one is, "unfuck the battle mode so people might want to play that when faced with the situation of having friends over that are better at driving virtual carts than they are"

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 5, 2014

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

If I was to connect a Wii U to an analog tv, what are the alternatives to Wii analog cables?

Why can't you use the wii analog cables

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Make sure you securely attach your wrist strap so as to not throw your wiimote into the controller's screen

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Supercar Gautier posted:

A good way to test for delay is to compare to the Gamepad, which doesn't lag. Listening to the tone when you hit the Home button is a really clear way to check if the audio is synced (which I find a bit easier to gauge than video sync).

The gamepad has about one frame of lag(~16ms) which is great and lower than 99% of consumer tvs these days. But it still has lag

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if they got rid of the wheelie system for bikes - I didn't see dev using it ever, and they claim that karts are better in straightaways now...

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

I watched the website's preview for Wario Stadium, and apparently they have put a grate over the Death Pit.

Heresy! The best part of that stage is getting lightning'd and having to do half of it a second time.

That was already removed in the mk wii version; you just reset like falling off a map.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
edit: everyone just posted about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

MaxDuo posted:

I recall someone posting this a while back:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E6553PW/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know it is for the pro... but would it work with the Wii U gamepad? And of course I don't mean "will it show video" and poo poo. But will it work for using it as a controller? I'm going to eventually get pro controllers when they go on some sort of nice sale again... but I'd like to gently caress around with my Wii U gamepad on the PC some until then here and there at least.

No

• Locked thread