Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
He's the guy responsible for online opt-in advertising, right? The "click here to receive e-mails about blahblah" checkboxes?

I wonder what Godin's opinion is of all of those Pepsi ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
For those of you waiting for Nerd Poker (like me):

AST Forums posted:

Q:[when is] Nerd Poker coming?
A: SOON (from Jake Fogelnest)

So at least it's not dead like Mr. Blow turned out to be...

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
It's an American Apparel hoodie with Earwolf on it? The hoodie itself costs ~$45, so it's about a $15 markup for the name. That's a little expensive for my tastes, kind of makes me wish I'd jumped on getting those Enigma Force Five shirts for less money.

Also I just realized they use Dov Charney's clothes. Probably why they're able to book him so often on CBB.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

jeffullrich posted:

So I have an honest question for whoever wants to chime in...I signed up for an account because there seem to be passionate Earwolf listeners here and I thought I could contribute. But...I don't really understand the culture and don't want to be where I don't belong. I also don't want to show up and take over the whole thing. But I don't want to ignore questions I could answer. So, the question is, am I useful to this thread or should I go away and stick to our own forums and leave this for you guys? Thanks for the help.

Nah, you'll be fine here. I think it's safe to say we all appreciate the answers you've been giving us. Sometimes our threads go on for a few pages because we're randomly speculating about hosts/guests/ect. It can occasionally bog down the conversation, so any info that'll clear up our questions is more than welcome.

And welcome to the forums :)

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah I'm glad to hear more Blaine, he's a funny and (I think) underrated comic from the alt scene. His improv'd commercials/sponsors/whatever are great.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 13, 2012

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Pretty sure Scott said he'd post recorded material here and they'd start this weekend (the 18th and 19th?) at 5:00 PM EST. I'm stuck at work so I can't verify that. I'm not sure if this is the TV/video format Jeff was hinting at but either way it sounds fun.

I subscribe to NNF which used to let you choose between audio only, or audio + video. I only chose the audio option because it was cheaper. They've since gone to a single fee model providing audio + video and I have to say, I enjoy seeing the reactions of Jimmy and the guests more than just hearing the podcast.

What I'm curious about is when is this new Analyze Phish supposed to drop? Earwolf.com's blog posted today:

Earwolf's Blog posted:

You're going to want to subscribe to the Analyze Phish feed...

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Conduit for Sale! posted:

The hosts' dynamic on Reality Show Show reminds me of Mike and Tom Eat Snacks. Except MATES beats their jokes into the ground (in a funny way). Also, because I have no idea what they're talking about on RSS, I find it hard to tell sometimes if they're being sarcastic or not.

Trust me, they're being sarcastic the entire time.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
It's Rodney to you. :colbert:

E: those of you who watch the Kroll Show, Fabrice Fabrice is debuting tonight.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 13, 2013

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
The podcast, at least the first four, are more about Harris's Phish stories and the humor of him defending his interest in Phish than it is about Scott and whether or not he actually likes the band.

It's basically a jumping off point to get to mocking the somewhat goofier aspects of Harris, which is basically what happens during CBB. If you like him there, then yeah I'd try it out.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Scoobi posted:

When does the drat live I4H come up as a full episode? I must watch it!

Thursday, same as the audio.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
They will if that's when the podcast usually releases. Regardless of the podcast chosen, Earwolf streams it live the same time every Thursday. The recording of the video is released alongside the audio as the next week's episode of said podcast.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah, I enjoyed that episode too. I would watch it again.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
They've had the website up for awhile but only recently started using it. I think Jake Fogelnest and make Jeff Ulrich are streaming shows, taking callers ect.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Mozi posted:

Not sure what we can do about the patent thing but I really hope you guys clobber them somehow. Wish I could squeeze them like a ripe leech.

This is as good a thread as any to address this, so I'd like to remind you guys to go here to help take action. This link allows you to essentially send an excellent prewritten letter electronically to your representative to help prevent this patent problem.

All of the good will of writing your representatives with a few mouse clicks. Hard to beat that...

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Awesome, thanks! Think I'll keepvid the newest live episode in case it's taken down until next Thursday.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Just a reminder, today's live streaming episode is a Who Charted? with PFT. Should be a good one, starts at 9 EST.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
It was alright. Had some great bits and some clunkers. Edit out a half of it or so and it'd be solid.

And all you guys hating "Fortunately, Unfortunately" need to go back and listen to when Patton Oswalt and Chris Tallman played for the first time. Tallman does a great job of loving with the premise. Hell, the end change of the theme song is worth it for a sadistic laugh.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Considering he went out of his way to answer our questions in our own sub-sub forum I'd say he has a right to feel overworked and stressed.

Hope you get everything worked out, Jeff. You really are doing a good job talking directly to the podcast community, and we appreciate it.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Always appreciate a new Analyze Phish, but the whole time I kept thinking how Jimmy Pardo would've handled some of those callers.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Pulled this from the Reddit AMA Scott did today. Someone asked him about if/when he'd bring back Mike Detective...

Scott Aukerman posted:

we want to - we have the entirety of season two plotted out (and one ep written) - we also are trying to turn it into something else - but the TV show has taken up a lot of our time.

So it sounds like they might turn it into something different? Maybe some kind of video or animated show? Who knows.

Mike Detective seems to come up around here often (for good reason - it's great), and it's nice to know the show's not completely gone/dead.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jul 12, 2013

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
No new Nerd Poker this week :(

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I thought they were holding elections for the honorary Mayor of Hollywood though...did they vote someone in?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Here's a direct link for the video I4H, in case the other one goes down.

Edit: nevermind, I'm an idiot and forgot this episode's been out awhile.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Why is nobody talking about the incredible guest spots on Nerd Poker this week? I can't believe they could get so many. If only they could have stayed longer and joined the game if only temporarily.

I wasn't sure if anyone else still listened to the show, but yeah it was awesome (which is par for the course for Adomian).

Makes me hopeful he'll be appearing soon on CBB

Urk! fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 5, 2013

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I liked the latest I4H, mainly because I share the same frustration Besser does with explaining why I like "improv" comedy to people who only know short-form.

It's frustrating to explain that in a casual conversation, within in a fly-over state. I'm sure it really sucks for Besser and the UCB guys to have to explain that in LA.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Hopefully this doesn't belong in a TVIV thread, but Earwolf is producing an IFC show with James Adomian starring as multiple characters

Splitsider posted:

In addition to announcing a Garfunkel and Oates TV series this morning, IFC also released info on a new TV project co-created by and starring James Adomian, produced by the new TV wing of Scott Aukerman and Jeff Ullrich's podcast network Earwolf.

Called The Embassy, the potential series is being written by Adomian and Aukerman and it's set in the Washington, D.C., embassy of a fictional country called Costa Verde, following a hacktivist who's trying to be granted asylum.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
It was a great episode, but...that laugh...

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
and also RIP Amarth :(

E: Vv his character vV

Urk! fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Oct 9, 2013

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
E: drat it, wrong thread. My bad.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 10, 2013

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Trujillo posted:

Being bored and skimming twitter has finally paid off big time:

@twittels
"Bonus Analyze phish episode being recorded this weekend with @scharpling . Scott still editing the hollywood bowl episode."

Looks like they dropped it today.

I haven't heard it yet, but I'm sure it's amazing. Tearing into bands/shows/whatever is Tom's specialty.

Kind of surprised they released this before the big concert episode.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Hah, good lord these pics are scary.

I clicked through that smoking gun article to see if a guy large enough to roll ganja goo balls on his stomach was caught.

Seriously, that has to be the most disgusting way to make an edible in existence.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
No new Nerd Poker this week.

Bummer (probably only to me, I don't think anyone else here listens to it) but it's pretty amazing they made it this far, with so many people and different schedules, without missing an ep.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
and/or to show support for a business choice

Urk! fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 9, 2014

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
You guys should give the Affirmation Nation episode with Mantzoukas a shot, it's insane. Episode #130.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
two people capable of making a great podcast with the worst track record of following through on podcasts.

I hope they stick with it, but I'm skeptical. Probably wind up similar to Norm's show.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

tnimark posted:

I miss Mike and Tom Eat Snacks.

All of us viewers do :(

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

The Berzerker posted:

Ted Leo should be on more podcasts, he was great on the Fogelnest Files.

Well he used to be a regular on The Best Show, so maybe he'll show up on The Chris Gethard Show/whatever Scharpling's new project is...

But I totally agree, he's a great guest.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
If it's Sandler and Spade, the other two might be Chris Rock and Chris Farley

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Nemo Philips?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
New podcast called "You Talkin' U2 To Me?". Adam Scott and Scott Aukerman talkin' U2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
That podcast brings the total count of Earwolf podcasts to about 36, more than Nerdist (barely) or Max Fun.

I always thought Nerdist put out the most podcasts of anyone, but from what I can tell Earwolf takes the top spot.

Granted, both networks have podcasts that "died" a long time ago and are still hosted by the sites, and it's not straightforward to tell which podcasts are "over" or "taking a break" or whatever. I'm still surprised Earwolf has that many though.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 19, 2014