Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Seth Godin on Earwolf. Still having a hard time understanding that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

Is anything ever going to happen with Brian Posehn's Nerd Poker D&D show?
Raise your hand if every time you see new posts in here, you click hoping it's someone announcing Nerd Poker.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

jeffullrich posted:

Any feedback on the backstage show? I'm fairly insecure and it ended up being a lot of work. We're not getting a ton of feedback on our forums or Twitter. Be honest!

I really hope you do more pieces like this. Whoever compared Scott to Lorne Micheals made me think of the piece being like that book of oral history of SNL, 'Live From New York.' I love anything 'behind the scenes' like that.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

"It's me and my bear in two bathtubs on top of a hill."

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

I haven't seen anyone post about Nerd Poker in a while, but it's getting really good in all facets. The storyline and setting are way more complex I'm used to from D&D, the riffing's great, Patton Oswalt's been the last two episodes, and they're now campaigning to get Vin Diesel to play with them.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

davidHalestorm posted:

Really? I don't believe both Jeff or Scott will cancel I4H just like that. In fact, I'll go on a limb and say I4H will go on as long as Matt wants to do it. I don't listen to RSS so I can't say what the situation is there.

Agreed. Why would you make Besser upset, and risk poising the well of UCB talent?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

isnt that right posted:

You're right, that is amazing. 398 pages for only $19.99?? They're practically giving it away

I still don't want to buy it.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Is Coy coming?

Tuna fished sandwich.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Greggy posted:

Why would they lose the Earwolf name?

Sean and Hayes got it in the latest contract renewal.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

thefncrow posted:

I'm only like 10 minutes in, but the new With Special Guest with Joe Wengert is incredible so far.

"We have a doctor I know!"

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Illinois Smith posted:

HH talkin' hoops is like the very definition of my jam

tell me about it!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

This is why you have to believe them every time they say "This is the last episode."

I've learned my lesson about the boys that cried Earwolf.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

GraPar posted:

The most recent With Special Guest, with Besser doing a Handmaid's Tale parody, is really, really funny and dark. Can be appreciated even if you've never watched the show.

Excellent, I really like how his first episode took the idea of WSG and really twisted it.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Matt Gorley's Instagram had a story where he's filming part of the PFT tribute, where everyone on stage is singing PFT to the melody of "Let It Be."

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Matt Lindland posted:

Do any of you guys listen to any of the 900 weird wolf pop fold-in & post-scripps podcasts on earwolf. Are any of them good. Like obviously I’m never going to listen to the politics ones but are any of the 8 gay guy culture podcasts funny.

I'm a big fan of Get Up On This, which was on whatever Kevin Smith's group is before they moved to Wolfpop. Host Jensen Karp has led a damned interesting life: signed to a record deal in college after he blew up battle rapping on the radio, used the money to open a pop culture themed art gallery, and did odd side projects and gigs until he created "Drop The Mic," and is now engaged to Topanga from Boy Meets World.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Hollywood Handbook starts with a first-ballot hall of fame ad read.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Jesus, Auckerman's bit on the Gil and Golly episode of Andy Daly is the best bit he couldn't make work on the CBB tv show.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

The Peccadillo posted:

Speakin' of teacher's lounge, Special Guest With Lapkus is comin' back on the eleventh on stitcher premium, hell yeah
If you unsubscribed to the old feed, there's a 2 minute episode where Lauren announces it and some of the guests... for a minute, then Aukerman has a minute-long ad for his 10 hour long anniversary special.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

I did not expect a reference to Hollywood Handbook on the Wikipedia page of an author I'm reading for school.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/paulscheer/status/1338880336906764288

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

The Superego/Wild Horses live show was very good and well worth the $5.

I hope LA performers continue to do streaming stuff post-pandemic.
Gorley just quietly saying "I'm hacking" when they were talking about the Bank of America PIN killed me.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Presale code is OHNO:
https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1526237166950526976

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Snooze Cruise posted:

i want my cowboy tv