Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the first episode was pretty terrible. Commie's subs made it even worse. Replacing japanese words for tank and yes with Panzer and Ja is terrible.

I just want some Tank gifs so maybe ill give it the normal 5 episode run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommissarMega posted:

Seriously? This sounds amazing.

Its not that great, they are using them wrong and if you dont know what the German sub or Japanese word means you would not know what they are saying. The other subbers did not do this so there is an alternative at least.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ep2 is subbed, commie added a second track where their lovely attempt at adding german is removed.

The show is picking up a little bit, but still terrible.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont normally post here, can you point me at the rules regarding that?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ep03, everyone dies because tanks are not toys

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that was a good post. I hope it ends up something like that.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dat Cake

Hopefully this episode sets the tone for the whole series and it replaces K-on! as the most cake-ful show

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WitchFetish posted:

You just know next season will have a bishounen fighter pilot anime.

it will be if they like money.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only fan art i could find not covered in dicks or swastikas

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tonberrytoby posted:

Panzer Vor:

I don't play WOT myself. Are those new characters an accurate portrayal.?

yes, but they should also be Nazi fetishists

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Psykmoe posted:

Good, cause this isn't charming at all, and contributed to me initially thinking the OP was more serious than it is, despite it being a fan-sub presumably.

I speak German, I don't need it in my English dub of a bizarre anime to this extend.

anyone but commie does the subs you want. The German is terrible. Anyone who speaks German should be cringing when they see it.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its hull armor is 200mm+ at the weakest point on the sides and the 88 they have will barely go through 200mm on a very lucky hit. I hope it runs out of fuel or they track it

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Falken posted:

I figured that was what they were training for, and the schoolships were to acclimatise them to long hauls at sea.

Next season will see them equipped with paintball guns and are ordered to 'take no prisoners'. Would be good to step up to at least 'nam era kit, so you have some girl in the gunner's seat of a UH-1 Huey screaming "GET SOME! GET SOME!" whilst mowing down competitors with a paintball M60.

'Nam, war is moe
It will actually be Girls Und Predator drones.
They will all sit in an air conditioned room clicking on pixels that pay out cake when they make the pixels go away.
What time period is this supposed to be set in? Alternate world, near future?

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Mar 29, 2013

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
single, no kids, tiny apartment/live at home

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just love how the promo image for the backpack is the sterotypical japanese nerd.
Plaid shirt tucked in, khakis. Not shown: headband, G-shock watch and new balance shoes.
They know who is buying it.

Where can I still buy it if at all? Amiami had it up briefly today but its sold out now
It looks pretty similar to other tactical backpacks. Do you think its a unique pattern or just another preexisting item with a GuP logo slapped on like the Platz models?

This one looks similar but the GuP version looks sleeker and much less military

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 11, 2013

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it just went back for sale now
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGD2-57925&page=top
grab it quick, its sure to be gone by the time you read this.
Even if you dont want it, you will easily double your "investment"

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its too bad the english VA pool is so small. It's not as bad as the k-on! dubs at least

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joachim1167 posted:

Ya, they are the official kits in 1/35 scale. Got a couple more ordered from Japan (the Panzer IV(H) and the Type 3 Chi-Nu). Hope they'll be here in a week or two. I'm planning to do Kampfgruppe Miho as configured during their victory parade.

Do you take commissions? I have the pzIV sitting around with no chance of getting done.
I bought it to display with the matching nendoroid and realized It was way out of my comfort zone.
This

it comes with a turret scaled to the Platz models.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nine of Eight posted:

PM me, I might be willing depending on the precise details.

PMed

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tiny tank arrived today, its only four inches long :3:

Press photos not mine

Not even sure if I should open it after seeing what people are willing to pay for it.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smoking Crow posted:

Does it ever explain why little girls have to drive the tanks instead of, you know, adults

The adults are fighting the real wars, this is just training.

I have no idea what the real story it

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smoking Crow posted:

One question, do you think it will ever be possible to play the Vita game in English? Is it text heavy in case I want to import it?

its very easy to play without knowing japanese. Its a lovely game though

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smoking Crow posted:

BUT WHAT IF IT HAS LORE IM MISSING

it has none, you are just playing missions from the anime. You would be missing it unless you speak Japanese anyways.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smoking Crow posted:

My one hope for the GuP movie is that Saori finally gets a boyfriend

Hah no way the JP fans will accept that.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mao posted:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/epcotservo/works/10529363-pravda-team-shirt?c=212099-tankery-teams&p=samsung-galaxy-case

So I found some things...

I actually bought the case to go with my new phone. Will give reviews when it arrives.

sorry you overpaid by 15.00+ shipping
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3640809

I made this at work recently using an incredibly high res image I found.

How does something like this get released? Its official art from the calendar. Its not a scan, its 8000x5000 with almost no pixelation. Did they release a digital version of the calendar?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
got something in the mail today!

I dont think they are merchandizing hard enough. Just about everything GuP still sells out so there is still demand they arent meeting.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Nov 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chill la Chill posted:

So about the inflatable tank shells here: http://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?Make...&SeriesID2=5515

Am I wrong or do those come with decals for models? My friend and I might get a couple

probably, i would only expect them in the ones that actually show the decal sheet

The Pz.Kpfw.IV D shell comes with a sheet that looks exactly the same as the Pz.Kpfw.IV D GuP branded tank kit I bought

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 10:50 on May 31, 2016

• Locked thread