Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

What's the etiquette for the IRC channel? Meaning more specifically, is it kosher for me to just pipe up and ask generally for a match, so long as I post team name, race, and team value?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

GNU Order posted:

We're pretty chill in the IRC, most of the time we're not even talking about blood bowl. If you wanna come play you can wander in and ask for a match, all you really need to tell us is what team value your team is. Name doesn't matter and race isn't a huge deal typically

Alright, thanks for the information. Hopefully not ALL of my dark elves bite it during game one. Or worse, game one I get +stats on every skill up, then all those players die via GFIs or something stupid in game two.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Arglebargle III posted:

Any other new players not in the U.S. going to be down for a game in the next couple hours for this afternoon/night whatever the hell time it is for you? I have to go make myself some lunch but after that I'm game. I have a Lizard team that, through the magic of Nurgle (being terrible) is now 1020 TV!

Does it have to be non-American? I'm American and functional at this time of day, I just have a really messed up sleep schedule.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

MC2552John posted:

Not to be the wet blanket, but I bought like 7 copes of Chaos Edition back during Christmas and still have 2 if anyone wants them, since none of my friends like the game anyway. http://steamcommunity.com/id/mc2552john

I'd take a copy of the Chaos Edition, but I already have the Legendary edition and I'm not certain if I'd feel bad for accepting it or not.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

MC2552John posted:

Why would you feel bad? Are you hiding something? :pwn:

I'd just feel bad that I'm wasting $20 of savings someone else could be enjoying, but that's dumb and I'll get over it. Steam name's the same as my forum name.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Oh, Cyanide. :sigh:

On the very next turn, I had a reroll, failed a dodge, game refused to let me reroll. Good times.

Did the player have the dodge skill? You can only re-roll each action once, including skills that give you re-rolls.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Random Hajile posted:

A decent amount. We tend to be relatively chatty with each other. A few of us like to use Skype during matches, too.

^This is correct. Skype is useful to have for Blood Bowl, mostly because it's fun to hear your opponent's rage/entertain your opponent with your rage at failing 2+ rolls and your players dying. It's also nice to have someone to discuss just how bullshit that last Skaven play was with.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Once the player is too fragile to stay on the pitch, or otherwise has to make more dice rolls or more difficult dice rolls in the normal use of that player, they're gone. So, -MA or -AG is it for ball handlers, and -ST is it for everyone. For me, anyway.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Washout posted:

Turn 16 fouling is for whenever you have lost a game. :colbert:

edit: also for a victory dance when you have won a game.

And for spite when it's a tie.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Blackmage Yapo posted:

Read a little more closely. It starts with only humans and orcs and the other four teams are DLC.

I wouldn't put it past them to make individual players paid DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

To be clear, I'm totally good with stalling against me if I have a realistic chance of scoring. But at 3 linemen and a wardancer down and with no defense against wrestle strip ball, it just felt like he was choosing to be a poo poo instead of passing posession so he could score again.

You were playing wood elves. If you have two people on the pitch, you can score.

• Locked thread